She’d thought that the vacation week would fly past so fast that she never knew it existed. She was wrong. At the end of the first day she was bored out of her skull. Half past noon at the second day she was ready to curl up and scream for the sheer stupidity of such thing as vacation in the middle of autumn when there was absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go.

“It isn’t raining nearly as hard as it was yesterday.” She cracked one eye open and saw Logan standing next to her. Closed her eyes again.
“Would you move? You’re blocking out the sun.”
“Oh, sorry…”

She laid her eyes closed, fully expecting Logan to be gone. Sudden clearing of throat and whiff of tobacco floating in the air told her otherwise.
“Was there something you wanted to talk about?” She asked.
“Nothing in particular. Saw you out here and came to see if you’re alright, that’s all…”
“I’m fine. Peachy. Hand me a coke, would you?”

She could hear him rummaging through her picnic basket, then a small hiss when cap popped open. She reached her hand and was rewarded with a cool glass bottle. She sat up, took a sip and sighed. Turned to look at Logan. He was sitting on the grass, white t-shirt plastered against his skin, his jeans soaked through from the rain. She couldn’t help wondering how the cigar that was currently dangling from his fingers was still smoking. Magic. Must be.

“Any particular reason for this stupidity?” He asked. She scrunched her forehead.
“Stupidity? It isn’t even freezing yet. And there are people who go to swim in the middle of winter.”
“Okay, okay… But why?”
“I was bored. Wanted to go to the beach since I have skipped that pleasure for so many summers. But this time of year there’s nothing but litter and seaweed, and waves, they’re too rough for swimming.”
“And laying on the patio in the rain is better? Kid… You’re going to get sick. I’m not even going to start listing all the nice options of what you can catch this way…”
“That’s good, because I don’t want to hear them. You see it’s not raining right now.”
“It isn’t?” Logan asked, trying to arch his eyebrow but settled for squinting his eye when yet another small torrent of water trickled down his forehead straight in to his eye.
“No. It isn’t. Sun is shining. And I’m not on the patio. I’m at the beach. And if you weren’t sitting there, there would be at least dozen of good looking man swarming around me, getting me soda and ice cream, spreading suntan lotion…”
“Oh. Sorry. Didn’t mean to crash your party.”
“It’s okay. In fact, now that you’re here, would you mind doing my back?” She asked turning on to her stomach and untying the straps of her bikini top.
“Jesus, you’re sure that you’re alright? Haven’t hit your head lately or anything?”
“I’m in perfect health, Logan. But not for long. I’ll get sunburn if you don’t do something soon.”
“Okay. Where’s the damn bottle?”

When Logan was finished with her back he placed his cigar carefully aside and took off his t-shirt, stretching next to her on to the towel.
“What the hell are you doing?” She asked. Logan shoot her a glare.
“What? I’m good enough to spread lotion but can’t stick around after? Was planning to get some sun myself.”
“Oh, in that case… You’ll be needing these…” She handed him a pair of sunglasses. Logan put them on, crossed his arms behind his neck and sighed.
“You wouldn’t happen to have any beer in that basket of yours?”
“Nope. Wasn’t really expecting company.”
“So, you decided to lure men to you with your rack alone?”
“Something wrong with that?”
“Nope. Nothing wrong with your rack. But it isn’t going to work if you hide it. Turn on your back and see if you can catch more than just me.”

“You came to check out my rack?”
“Yeah.”
“Was it worth it?”
“Definitely. But now I really got to get back inside. I think my back’s starting to rust.”
“Suit yourself…”
“Give me a holler when you need a life-buoy. I think I saw one at the professor’s study.”