”I’m bored.”
”No shit? You could have fooled me. I thought you found it actually entertaining to rearrange your closet.”
“It isn’t fair! Why the hell Scott blames me only? It wasn’t even my idea for crying out loud!”
“Scott blames you because it’s hell of a lot more easier to pull through than to try and claim that I put that shit in to his shampoo. And you took the blame because… Why the hell did you take the blame anyway? You could have told them that it was in fact me who came up with that challenge, have Xavier to read your mind and that would have been the end of it.”
“You would go nuts within hours after grounding.”
“Can you really see Scott grounding me? Or professor? Or me staying put just because being told to for that matter?”
“I’m fucking twenty-five! They can’t ground me! I have certain rights!”
“Which got provoked after Scott realized that he’d have to wait for the color to wear off from his hair. But don’t worry. I have a plan.”
“A plan? Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it your plan that got me in to this mess in the first place?”
“Details, details… Why you have to be so fucking anal about this? Do you want to get out for the weekend, or do you rather mope around and arrange random closets until your brain implodes?”
“And how, may I ask, are you planning to smuggle me out from here? And keep Scott from noticing that I’m gone?”
“We’ll throw a party.”
“A party?”
“A slumber party. When the house is full of half-naked squealing chicks Scott’s going to be busy little trooper, making sure that nothing inappropriate is happening. He won’t even notice that you’re gone.”

Marie had used all of her contacts, and even Logan had dug up his little black book to ensure that Scott had plenty to do. At midnight the party was at full swing. Whereas Marie’s friends had chosen more traditional approach, wearing modest pajamas and sitting around, playing truth or dare, Logan’s allies had taken on more drastic measures. Flimsy excuses of nightgowns, luxurious, yet none too modest pieces from Victoria’s Secret, and lots of booze made sure that the general ambience was anything but proper. And true to his calling, Scott was monitoring the progress with growing anxiety, all too wound up and nervous to spare even thought to what went on behind the scene. Or more particularly, beneath the scene, at the grand hangar where most of the cars were stored among the Blackbird.

“Are you sure this is a god idea?” She asked. Logan nodded, strapping the saddlebags to the back of his motorcycle.
“But… Won’t Scott notice that we’re gone later? Like when we skip the breakfast? And lunch? He’s not stupid, you know.”
“I’m counting on that. He will notice that we’re missing, but if he’s even half as intelligent as you seem to think he is, he’ll let it slide.”
“Why would he do that? He is the team leader. He could just kick us both to the curb.”
“Why the hell are we whispering anyway? It’s not like he can hear us.”
“Then stop whispering. And explain why you’re so sure that we are going to have a home left to return to on Monday morning.”
“I’ll stop whispering as soon as you do. And I left a map open on to my desk. Along with some scraps of papers which will lead Scott to our trail.”
“Are you nuts!”
“Most likely. Considering my plan… Yeah. That must be it.”
“And what is that plan?”
“I booked a cabin for us.”
“And…? How is that supposed to stop Scott from following us and nuking our asses?”
“It’s not just any cabin. Scott and Jean went there for their anniversary.”
“Logan!”
“Shit. Fine! If you have better idea, lets hear it.”
“I don’t want to spend next couple of months in the spotlight as your new-and-not-so-new-oh-we-should-have-guessed-girlfriend! Took ages to get rid of that status the last time!”
“We can already fall apart on our way back here. Have a huge fight at the driveway and you can kick my ass and then we can declare our ‘relationship’ finished.”

She wasn’t quite sure if she was on board with what Logan had sketched out. Once more they were supposed to fool everybody thinking that they were in fact an item. Exactly how many times they would be able to pull it through without Xavier arranging a hasty wedding reception and a honeymoon in Vegas?

“And what are we supposed to do in that love shack of yours?” She asked.
“We? There’s a bar not too far from the cabin. Once we get there, you’re on your own, darling. The cabin is yours for this weekend to do as you please. Mope around, read a good book, or bare some of that skin of yours and go and score yourself some good looking bloke and screw his brain out.”
“We’re not that close that I would screw somebody’s brains out while you’re ‘sleeping’ in the next room.”
“I’m not planning to sleep. Or even spend any longer in that cabin than it is absolutely necessary. It’s your place.”
“What are you going to do, then?”
“Shoot some pool. Drink some booze. Fight if there’s a cage. You know… The usual.”
“And fuck anything walking on two legs?”
“Hell, darling… At this point two legs have already become optional. As long as it breathes, it’ll do.”
“What the hell are we waiting for? Let’s get going before Scott notices that we’re gone!”