He was shivering from head to toe. Violent tremors left him weak, gasping for air that felt all too cold, no matter that he laid on a warm bear skin rug in front of blazing inferno Marie had managed to light in the fireplace.

“You should… Should go… Before guys get too drunk to appreciate you…” He stuttered, trying to wrap the blanket tighter around him.
“Nonsense. I’m going to make sure that you’re okay before I do anything else,” Marie said, crawling next to him under the blanket and wrapping her already warm body around his for the best of her abilities.

A sudden storm had struck on their way to the cabin. At first everything had been fine, though Logan had complained that it was hard to see the road through the snow. But when they got in to the cabin it soon became clear that neither of them was going out that night. Marie had been cold, but she had warmed up quickly once she got the fire going. Logan was a whole another issue. Metal covering his bones had cooled, turning him to a Logan-popsicle.

“Doesn’t your healing usually take care of this kind of things?” She asked, struggling to stay still when Logan buried his ice-cold face to the crook of her neck.
“U-usually… I just wear warmer ch-clothes…” Logan stuttered, nuzzling her neck.
“There was… N-n-nothing about a fucking… Blizzard in the forecast…” He mumbled and drew her closer.
“Jeesh, this isn’t working. It’s going to take the whole fucking weekend to thaw you.”
“C… Could y-you take off your sh-sh-shirt?”
“I could. The question remains, would I?” Marie smirked.
“F-f-f-fuck you, k-kid… Shirt. Open. Now.”

She swatted off Logan’s shivering hands and started unbuttoning the shirt by herself. Logan actually had a point. Shared body heat was surprisingly efficient way to get warm.

“Eep! Jesus Christ you’re cold!” She squeaked.
“Much better…” Logan’s voice came somewhat muffled. He had buried his face against her breasts. His hands clasped her tightly against him.
“This would probably work even better if you took your clothes off as well,” she noted after she had to squirm a little space between her stomach and Logan’s belt buckle.
“Too c-c-cold t..to do th-that… S-stop moving!” Logan croaked when she started to sit up. He lurched after her and pinned her down, his face ending between her breasts once more.

“Are you really that cold?” She asked.
“N-n-no? Just… Just a good excuse to… Grope y-you?”
“Right. Well… It’s probably better than have some complete stranger groping me anyway…”
“Y-yeah… At least… At least I know what t-t-to do…”
“You would? I kind of doubt that.”
“H-how the heck… Am I s-s-supposed to prove m-my words…”
“Don’t worry about it. But seriously, I’m going to take off your clothes now. You’re not going to get any warmer in those.”
“S-s-seriously… Yeah. Might b-b-be a good… Idea.”

It took quite a lot awkward shuffling and stumbling, but finally they succeeded.

“Uh… Is it supposed to look like that?”
“What th-the fuck is… Wrong with it?”
“It’s all black. And cold. Maybe we should call to Jean.”
“We’re not calling to Jean! … Or-or anyone for that matter…”
“It’s going to fall off or something!”
“S-s-so? That’s… My problem…”
“Oh, my God! We have to get it warm!”
“Shit… Don’t squeeze that h-h-hard… Hurts…”
“Sorry. I don’t know… It probably isn’t a good idea to rub it right now. Maybe if I just hold it…”
“Yeah…”
“Better?”
“I d-don’t know… Can’t feel a thing…”
“You really should buy better boots. I know you heal, but it can’t be very healthy to freeze off your little toe every time the temperature drops below zero.”