Author's Chapter Notes:
Finished. I hope everybody likes happy endings.
They left the bar after the bartender told them not too politely to go and get a room, he wasn’t going to wait them to finish their business before closing. Earlier blizzard had dwindled; only slight breeze disturbed gigantic snowflakes that were falling from the sky. For some reason she felt giddy and reckless, and started twirling around, hands spread wide and her face turned upwards to capture the falling flakes on to her tongue. Logan had scooped a handful of snow and was molding it between his palms.

She kept twirling and giggling breathlessly. It felt like it had been ages since she had last seen this much snow. Pure snow at least. The kind you wanted to eat handfuls until your whole mouth froze and you started talking funnily because you couldn’t feel your tongue. And that was exactly what she did as soon as the decorative flakes falling from the sky lost their appeal.

“Clap…”
“What?”
“I floze my thong.”
“Uh-huh… Froze your tongue?”
“Yesh. Completely flozen,” she declared and stuck the said appendage out, crossing her eyes in attempt to see if it really had turned to blue ice. Logan squinted his eyes and leaned closer.
“It does look little frosty… Maybe we should warm it up again…” He whispered, his eyes searching hers.
“Ale you sule?” She asked. Logan nodded, but stayed still, waiting for her to take the next step.

It should have been easy. Just few steps away and they could have returned to the cabin, maybe laugh at his cheesy comment a little. But suddenly her feet felt frozen. As frozen and stiff as her tongue. And there was Logan, kneeling in front of her; snowflakes on his hair, completely serious, yet expectant look on his face. She leaned closer and felt the warmth of his lips against hers. She applied the pressure just slightly, sliding her tongue over his lower lip. Then pulled back.

“Did it work?” Logan asked, slight hitch in his breath.
“I don’t know… Maybe we should try again?” She whispered with a trembling voice. Logan stood up and stepped closer.
“Well, if you’re not sure… Can’t risk you loosing your tongue…”

She closed her eyes when she felt his hands around her. Then his lips were on hers, his hot tongue demanding entrance, which she granted, and they were standing in the middle of a snowy road in somewhere Canada, but suddenly the air around her felt considerable warmer.

“Better now?” Logan asked with hoarse voice when they parted. She breathed deeply and tested her knees. Yep. They probably would carry even if she let go of his bicep.
“Better. But… I’m not sure if it’s completely thawed yet…” Her own voice sounded awfully distant. And was she really asking him yet another kiss? What was wrong with her? To her relief Logan didn’t seem to mind. Actually he looked quite pleased over the development of the situation.
“We’ll have to look in to that once we get back in to the cabin. We’re not exactly dressed for blizzard, and the wind is picking up again.”

They managed the whole ten steps forward before Logan grabbed her and they stopped for a kiss.
“What about… The blizzard?” She managed to ask between heated duel of their tongues.
“Fuck the blizzard… This feels so good… But you’re right… We should get going…” Logan muttered, nibbling her lower lip lightly.
“Are we?” She asked and again Logan’s lips stopped further queries.
“Hmmh?”
“Are we… Logan, are we going to… Get going?”
“In a minute…”

It had taken them little less than half an hour to cross the distance between the cabin and the bar earlier. Same journey took them now well over an hour. They were both covered in snow and small, sparkling bits of ice when they finally made it back to the cabin. There was nothing wrong with her tongue anymore, but her lips felt swollen. And she felt incredible awkward when Logan just stood there, right in front of her, one step lower on the stairs of the front porch of the cabin and stared at her.

“Are we going to get in?” She asked, trying to smooth her windblown hair. Logan grabbed her wrist and pulled off her mitten, placing a kiss on her palm, his eyes never breaking contact with hers.
“Sorry. You must be freezing. Just… Wanted to remember you like this…” He grunted, then suddenly turned away and started patting down his pockets.
“Keys… I know I have them in here somewhere…” She could hear him muttering. He sounded absolutely nervous. She reached over and grasped his shoulder, urging him to turn around. He did so, flashed her a hesitant smile, then pulled out keys and brushed past her to the door. It took him three tries before he managed to actually open it.

“Um… The bedroom’s through there. You… I took your bag there already before we left. And bathroom’s over there…” She stared at him in awe. Logan. Babbling. And was he actually blushing?
“I… You can have the shower first. If you want! I didn’t mean that you should, but… I was thinking that I could sleep on the couch for tonight, keep the fire going. You wouldn’t believe how fast this place cools off if…” She couldn’t take it anymore. She grasped the lapels of his jacket and yanked him closer, kissing him for all her worth, hoping that it would shut him up long enough for her to say what was on her mind. It worked. When she pulled back, Logan opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, then closed it again.

“We could both sleep on that bearskin,” she whispered. Logan blinked. Blinked twice.
“Are you sure?” He asked. She nodded.
“Or we could both go to bedroom. I’m sure I saw an electric heater tucked in there when I dropped off your bag,” he said, small smile tugging the corners of his mouth.
“Oh, I’m sure you’re more than capable of keeping me warm through the night…”
“You finally believe it?”
“Never had a doubt.”