Author's Chapter Notes:
Umm... Heh. Apologies if upping the rating in this one is inconvenient for anybody. I found out that it's easier to keep on writing this than try to sketch up completely new take on the ending this had. Not much on the smut department yet, but we're getting there.
She lay on the bed, under a pile of blankets, shivering. Shivering had nothing to do with desire, but all to do with the chill air. Logan was fiddling in the corner, trying to get the electric heater working.

“Is it ready yet?”
“No.”
“Is it on yet?”
“No.”
“Are you going to finish that soon and come to bed?”
“N… Fuck. I know this isn’t the most romantic thing to do right now, but if I don’t get this fucking useless piece of crap working we’re going to freeze our asses off.”
“Correction. I’m going to freeze off my pretty little ass. You’re going to be just fine.”
“What ever. If I can’t fix this…”
“No.”
“Kid, if I can’t fix this, we’ll have to…”
“We’re not calling to Scott.”
“We have to! If I can’t get this working we’ll have to call him and ask him to pick us up. I can’t drive in that weather and the way the temperature keeps falling…”

Logan dropped the screwdriver and stood up, stretching his back. Then walked to her and sat on the edge of the bed.
“This may seem like I’m stalling. Trust me, I’d much rather be doing you than that goddamned piece of junk. But…” He raised his finger to shush her when she started to say something.
“But. Okay. This isn’t exactly new to either of us. I have had my flings, you have had yours. Doesn’t matter. But I want this to be good for both of us. Good as in we don’t have to worry over death by freezing, or explosion when that heater shorts and blows up.”
“Uh-huh… Sounds good to me.”
“It will be. As soon as I get that heater working, or as soon as Scott picks us up and we camp in to my room. In to my very big bed. With my warm, well stocked bathroom at the next door. With well stocked fridge nearby. With curious neighbors cheering to us at next morning.”
“Something tells me that I’m not going to get wild sex if we stay in this cabin.”
“Yeah…. I’m not in to necrophilia, I’d rather have you warm, alive and breathing.”
“Maybe we should call to Scott.”
“I’ll give that heater one more go. Just in case.”

An hour later he was none the wiser, heater stayed still and he was getting rather impatient. After everything else had failed he had used up all known swears and curses, then invented few completely new ones. And it still wasn’t working.

“Uh… Maybe we could just go and do… It… In front of the fireplace? It would be nice,” Marie suggested. She had gotten dressed and wrapped a blanket around her shoulders, and she was crouching next to him.
“It would be nice. It would be sexy as hell, and I’m thinking that I could ‘borrow’ that bearskin from Jack when we leave, but with the rate the snow is piling up out there it would be a small miracle if we came out of it alive.”
“Huh?”
“Once the snow blocks the chimney we have to put out the fire before carbon monoxide puts us out. Speaking of which, I better go and check that it’s still open…” Logan grunted, stood up from where he had been kneeling in front of the heater and left the bedroom.

“What does it take to get laid in here?” She huffed frustrated. She could hear Logan laughing in the other room and she followed him.
“A degree in electrical engineering? I’m calling to Scott and he can come and fly us back home.”
“He’s going to fly in that weather?”
“He can take Ororo with him. She can calm this blizzard temporarily.”
“Couldn’t we just call to her and ask her to do it now?”
“We could. But if I know any of our dear Storm, she wouldn’t do that. Ethics, you know. Only use your powers for greater good. And only when absolutely everything else fails. Besides, I don’t think she has wide enough range to even reach this blizzard.”