He was swimming in pure testosterone up to his eyeballs. In an emergency situation his cock could have been used as a bat. And he had just spent a whole hour in professor Xavier’s office, receiving a lecture of his irresponsible and inexcusable behavior. And now he couldn’t find Marie anywhere. He had checked her room first, then his own, and now he was prowling around, trying to find her trail, but it was as if she had simply vanished to thin air.

“I’m at the bottom of the attic stairs.”
“Getting warmer…” Marie’s voice flow like thick syrup from the headset she had left on to his bed before she had gone in to hiding.
“I tell you what’s getting warmer… What’s the fucking point in this, kid? Getting cold feet?” He growled, hoping against hope that that wasn’t the case. He wasn’t exactly sure if it was possible to die over blue balls, but he wasn’t that keen on finding it out either.

Marie’s breathy laughter rang from the headset, sending tremors down his spine.
“Cold feet? Over what?” She asked. He started to climb the stairs, slowly.
“Over this. Over us. Is this what you want or…”
“Logan! I’m a grown woman. I think I know exactly what I want. Are you getting cold feet, old man?”
“Old? Is it too late to sing up to that fetish club? Because I think I know a certain somebody who could use a good whipping and… Dear God in heaven.”

He had reached the top of the stairs. The attic had changed quite a bit since he had last been up there. Floor was covered with soft, thick rugs. Somebody had modified the chimney that rose through the mansion, constructing a light fireplace to the side of it. There was a four-poster bed straight under the skylight. Bearskin rug in front of the fireplace looked awfully warm and inviting. There was also a couch and armchairs, few dressers and cupboards and shelves on the walls, as well as sturdy-looking desk and an office chair in the corner. And the whole place was lit with candles. Endless amount of candles of all sizes and shapes. And most important of it all, Marie was laying on the rug in front of the fireplace, buck naked, warm glow from the fire turning her skin almost golden.

“What’s all this?” He asked, tearing off the headset and throwing it out before closing the door behind him. Somehow it felt like it wouldn’t belong in to the same space with antique and softness.
“Everybody has been waiting for the day we finally realize how good it would be for the both of us to get together. They have been building this place for us for few months already.”
“So… We’re moving in together?” He asked, stalking slowly closer at her. He could smell a hint of nervousness when she turned to fiddle with the edge of the rug. Too afraid to look at him? Why?
“It’s… It’s an option. If you want. Only if you want,” she distressed like the state of the world peace depended on Logan’s opinion of where he lived and with whom.
“I guess I could live with that. With you. But only if you promise to welcome me back home every night dressed like that.”
“But I’m not wearing… Logan!” She turned to look at him.
“You’re laughing at me. Aren’t you?” She asked, her lips puckering to pout. Logan shrugged his shoulders, kicked off his shoes and sat carefully on to the rug next to her.
“I’m laughing at this whole fucking fuss. First and foremost we’re friends. This… What ever happens next is just something extra. Small benefits.”
“Small? That thing you’re carrying around isn’t exactly small…”
“Heh… I’m just saying that to me this doesn’t change anything. You’re still going to be the most important person in my life, kid.”

She rose from the rug and straddled him, letting her fingers slide over his head and tangle in to his hair.
“I’m sorry if I’m being such a brat about this. It’s just… Things haven’t gone so well in the past. I… I’m afraid that I spoil this…” She whispered. Logan shook his head, small smile tugging the corners of his mouth. His hands landed on her waist, sliding lower and ending up resting on her hips.
“There’s no way you’re capable of spoiling anything by yourself. And if it’s any consolation, you’re not the only one with willies. After all, I have a lot to prove. At least according to you,” he said smirking, then leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on her lips.