Author's Chapter Notes:
Woops. Should probably put the name of the song up here. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Andy Williams & Denise Van Outen.
You’re just too good to be true…” Words floated from the speakers. Voice was a bit scratchy, but singer was able to carry the tune perfectly.
Can’t take my eyes off you…” She replied with a hushed voice. There was a slight pause, then speakers crackled.
You’d be like heaven to touch…” Words made her shiver. Though she had been able to control her skin for months now she had been hiding it from the others. Logan was the only one she had shared her secret with.
I wanna hold you so much…” She replied. Again a brief pause.

“Are you there?” She asked. She hated these long nights with passion. Hated when Logan went to a solo mission, and she was left behind to take care of the comm. center.
“I’m here, kid. Just getting my bearings…” His voice came through little stronger this time. She could hear the soft rapping of raindrops at the background, as well as his labored breathing.
“Should I go and wake up Scott? Ask him to come and get you?”
“You’ll do that and when I get back home I’ll… Fuck. Just don’t.”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive. I’m fine. Bike’s fine. Everything’s just peachy. Even if you woke him up I’d probably be there before he got the jet started.”

“So… Seen any good movies lately?” She huffed, glancing the clock on the wall.
“Nope. Been a bit busy. Drinking with my buddy and everything. You want to go?” Logan asked. She could hear the leather of his jacket creaking softly at the background, then a muffled curse.
“Are you sure that you’re okay? Maybe I should go and wake up Scott just in case… It’s taking awful long for you to heal…”
“Quit fussing. I’m fine. Just trying to figure how to get up from here without breaking my neck.”
“How far from home are you?” She asked.
“Not far, just outside of the city. You know that old sawmill at Trenton?”
“Yes?”
“Few miles south from it. I’ll be home in no time once I figure out how to push the bike from here without sliding straight back down.”
“I’m coming to get you.”

“Marie? Kid? It’s… You can’t. Kid? Kid?” Words echoed in an empty room.



She found the place easily. Old, abandoned road, more of a path that had been used to haul lumber from the forest to the sawmill when it was still working. She had taken Logan’s truck, but she was hesitant to drive it along the narrow path, so she parked it and stepped out in to the darkness.

At long last love has arrived…” She sang, hoping she would get an answer fast. She wasn’t that fond of lurking around in darkened, abandoned places.
And thank God I’m alive, because you’re going to need all the extra protection you can get when Summers finds out that you left the comm. room at the middle of a mission…” Logan grunted from somewhere close by. She heard twigs snapping and small pebbles grinding together, then hands reached from a ravine at the side of the road and Logan hauled himself over the edge, looking a bit frazzled but none the worse to wear.

She couldn’t help it. She jumped at him, squealing like a teenaged brat and hugged him close to her.
“Don’t you ever do this again! I was worried out of my mind!” She hissed, stabbing his chest with he finger when she was finally able to let him go.
“I can’t promise that. You know that kid,” Logan said, shuffling his feet, keeping his gaze locked pointedly to the muddy ground.
“I’m not asking you to promise. That was an order. I don’t want you to get hurt.”
“Takes a lot more than a tumble with a bike to hurt me. But thanks…” Logan mumbled, pulling her to his embrace.
“Thanks for caring, Marie.”