”Oh, God! Logan! Help!” He managed to put down his beer just in time. Marie plastered herself against him and it would have taken a crowbar to yank her off. He scanned the hall briefly. Dim lights. Soft music. Couples swaying lazily in something that could have been called a dance, though in his eyes it just looked like the whole goddamned mansion needed to get laid. Badly.

“What’s the matter?” He asked, trying to untangle Marie’s hands from his waist before his current date, blonde that called herself Cas (short-for-Cassandra-but-with-one-s-only) came back from the bathroom. Marie refused to budge.
“Stop. Stop looking like you want to get rid of me. I’ll explain everything later. I’ll explain everything to Bambi as well, just help me out now… Work with me, big guy…”
“It’s Cas.”
“Bambi, Cas… What’s the difference?”
“I paid for Bambi, Cas is free.”
“Yikes! Sorry… But I really need your help. Please? Please…”

Suddenly Marie stopped pleading and leaned against him more firmly, planting her ass against his crotch and pulling his hands around her midsection to something that just screamed possession. A man wearing a tuxedo who had been making his way through the crowd stopped, stared at them and then turned towards the bar, defeated look on his face. At the same time Cas saw it fit to return from powdering her nose, took a one good look at Logan and Marie, turned on her heels and marched out from the hall.

“I really am sorry. Just give me her number and I call her and explain everything…”
“It would be nice if you explained to me as well. Last time I checked my plans involved Cas, bed and me. You weren’t even in the equation,” Logan grunted dryly.
“Oh, of course! I… I think you can let go of me already…”
“What? You just scared off my date and aren’t even going to offer any compensation? Kid, do you have any idea how long has it been since I last got laid?”
“Come on, Logan. Don’t you start as well! See that guy? At the bar?”
“That penguin? Yeah.”
“He has been pawing me the whole fucking night. I think he’s Bobby’s cousin or something.”
“So? He doesn’t look that bad. Go for it, kid.”
“Logan! I’m not interested in… I want more than just a quickie in a fucking ball! It’s… It’s like I was still at high school or something… Ewww…”
“Okay. And how do I fit in to this nice picture?” Logan asked. Marie blushed.
“Um… Could you…. Would it be possible for you to pretendtobe…”
“Speak up kid. In English. I don’t speak mumble.”

Blush on her cheeks gained even deeper shade of red. Suddenly the patterns on the Xavier’s grand ballroom’s floor seemed to steal her whole attention. She took a deep breath. Then turned her gaze slightly upward, peeking through the thick white bangs that had fallen over her forehead.
“Could you pretend to be my boyfriend? Just for tonight? I’m kind of tired of these idiots trying to score me.”
“No.”
“No?”
“I’m no boyfriend material. But I’m sure we can figure out something…” Logan said, grinning lazily, pulling her against him and looping one hand around her waist, letting the other slide through her long locks of chocolate brown hair.

Before she realized she was swaying at the middle of the dance floor, her lower body pressed firmly against Logan’s, her hands around his waist and his head resting on her shoulder. His hands weren’t idle. One was smoothing over her back, fingers skimming a feather-light trail over her vertebrae; other was kneading her buttocks softly.

“Logan… This… What the hell are you doing?” She squeaked. He shifted his head a bit.
“We have mansion full of muties and guests to assure that we have something going on. Work with me, little girl…” Logan whispered, his warm breath caressing the side of her throat.
“But you said…”
“Boyfriend, kid? I’m kind of old to fit that description. How about a lover instead?” His lips grazed her earlobe briefly and her every muscle froze. Logan’s fingers started rubbing her more firmly.
“Just relax, kid. Let’s give them a show they won’t forget.”
“O-hkay…”
“Eventually you have to start moving. Eventually you have to start touching me. Better sooner than later, or else this is going to look like I’m trying to molest you, kid. Move those hips a bit. I know you can, I have seen you dancing before…”

She closed her eyes and let her muscles relax. Let her body melt seamlessly against Logan’s and let him guide her through the night.