She supposed it wasn’t the smartest thing not to be watching where she was going but the closer she got she found her eyes fixated solely on Logan. He would hear her coming from a long ways off but he never turned around. Her eyes focused on the way his back muscles rippled and how they suddenly tensed as she approached, his head coming up and still as he slowly put the axe down, his nose twitching.

With each step, she felt like the air was getting thicker and it was harder to breathe; she noticed his scent fluctuate as she got closer, causing her to gasp quietly at the primal charged atmosphere that surrounded them both.

She noticed his hands twitched and he quickly reached for a rag to wring his hands against.

“Scott too much of a pansy to come and bring it down himself?” he spoke with his back still towards her.

She stopped and laid the tray on one of the tree stumps. “He seemed to think you would enjoy my company much better.”

The muscles in his neck strained visibly.

“You sound annoyed,” he observed as he turned around to look at her. She focused on every part of her not to betray her and let her eyes wander towards his well sculpted chest and instead focused on his dark eyes, which she realized wasn’t the best option either, his stare was unrelenting.

“If the idea of spending time with me revolts you so much you don’t have to,” he spoke his voice laced with bitterness.

“I don’t even know you,” she answered, his sharp eyes focusing on hers. “Is there a reason why I should be revolted, it be nice to know before hand?”

A smirk twitched on his face. “That sass of yours ever get you in trouble?” he asked as he reached for the water.

She shrugged. “No, but I’m sure you would tell me if it has.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” he asked his eyes narrowing.

“It means you’ve already got me all figured out, both you and Scott already mapped me out to being whoever I was from your past. If you ask me it’s a bit unhealthy.”

He snorted as his body became rigid, her eyes were distracted for a moment as she watched the way his abdominal muscles moved. “Well who are you then?”

She gave him a small playful smile. “Don’t know.”

“You’re admitting that to me?”

She shrugged again. “Why not, both Nathan and now Scott knows and although you may not be hounding me with questions like Scott I can tell you’re the most interested to know.”

His smirk grew wider and she realized he could work so many things through that one action just like the eyebrow raise. “You’re not put off by any of this?”

“Well, you don’t seem to be put off by me either despite how weird I seem.”

“You calling me weird?” he asked and the eyebrow rose up right on schedule.

“I think I may have.”

His smirk transformed into a smile. “So if Scott knows then…?”

“He got to ask his questions,” she interrupted him. “But I told him I didn’t care to know what he thought he knew about me and that even if maybe there’s a chance it’s true I might not ever want to know.”

The smile vanished, his eyes became hooded, and he turned away from her for a second. “You’re afraid,” he whispered.

A small flare of anger seeped into her. “What?”

“Why else wouldn’t you want to accept it, maybe you already do know and you’re just blocking it out yourself thinking none of it can be good.”

“What’s the point of living in the past and no offense but I don’t really know you, you may think you know me and maybe we did but I don’t feel for you whatever I’m expected to.”

“I know,” he muttered sadly, the rag in his hands was straining against his fingers as he twisted it.

She took a deep breath. “Listen, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to get to know you while I’m here because you seem like a nice guy and…”

“And?” he interrupted her sharply his eyes boring into hers.

“And,” she stuttered. “What I said you seem like a nice guy.”

He snorted. “Whatever helps you sleep at night, darlin’.”

Her eyes narrowed at his sudden cockiness and attitude. He lifted the glass of water to his mouth and tilted his head back as he chugged it. She watched in fascination as his Adam’s apple bobbed with each gulp. Her eyes picking up the way tiny beads of sweat trailed down his neck and how in that moment all she wanted to do was to use her tongue to lick him clean. Quickly she glanced away looking for her own rag to occupy her hands with. She wondered how long she could lie to herself for, why was she so hesitant, was she really subconsciously protecting herself from something, from someone?

Logan’s voice interrupted her thoughts. “So do I get to ask any questions?”

“Sure,” she muttered straightening up, waiting for the intrusion of questions.

“Have the headaches been getting worse?”

“What?” she blurted out, her eyes wide totally thrown off by his choice of question when she was giving him an open chance.

“I said have the headaches been getting any worse and don’t lie because I know you’ve been getting them repeatedly since you’ve been here and they shouldn’t be that bad or lasting this long with your healing factor.”

She gaped at him totally thrown for a loop; he cared.

“Uh,” she stuttered. “They come and go.”

He looked at her so deeply she thought she had suddenly become naked, her clothes melting just from his gaze. “Then maybe you should go sit inside for a bit and lie down and let me know if they get any worse. Maybe you’re just not use to the air here and the sun,” he spoke the last part as though he didn’t really believe it but he was just giving her something to grasp to.

“Yeah, maybe,” she whispered. However, with her eyes fixated on his body she realized having a nap was the last thing on her mind, she was thinking more along the lines of a cold shower.

She saw his nostrils flare and a wolf like grin appeared on his face and she knew it was time to go; he suddenly looked like it was her he’d rather devour then the sandwich.

“Enjoy your sandwich,” she spoke as she turned and walked back towards the house.

“Thank you,” he called after her.

With each step, she took towards the house she felt like she could breathe again but her body didn’t relax, she was suddenly very tightly wound up.