She awoke peacefully but as the seconds ticked by, she was immediately aware that something was different then usual. Fingers tightened across her stomach and she realized they weren't her own. The large hand pulled her back causing her backside to come in contact more snugly with a strong body. Logan was in bed with her. The events from the night before flashed through her mind and she relaxed as her mind became more aware, her consciousness trying to fight it's way through the foggy haze of sleep that threatened to drag her back down into it's abyss.

"For a moment I was afraid it was just a dream," Logan whispered against her neck suddenly. His body was completely still, hiding the fact that he was awake.

She rolled over so she could face him and the whole time his hand never moved from her body. She gazed at him warmly and was concerned to see that beneath his hazel eyes she could see the fear he spoke of, wondering if he was sane, thinking that once again he was imagining her in bed with him. She snuggled as close as she could get while still being able to meet his eyes. Reaching up she caressed his cheek and let her touch linger openly on his face.

"It's not a dream."

He nodded slightly and let his grip settle on her waist pulling her closer until their bodies melded together.

"I like this," she murmured against his chest contently as she relaxed in his arms, embracing his scent as she listened to his heartbeat.

She'd wanted to say she'd missed waking up with him but in truth, she hadn't been aware of the loss. Thirty years may have passed but she knew nothing of that time. Even though time felt fuzzy to her, the best she could say was it had only felt like yesterday that she remembered being with him, but now that she remembered him again, it was as though her head refused to believe the difference, but her heart knew. Somehow, she felt the ache of the time she'd lost with him.

However, to him it had been thirty years and she could openly see his pain and feel his sorrow. The world had moved on without her and she was waiting in vain to catch up. Lying in his arms, she felt normal, she felt right. Being surrounded by him helped re-instate the memories she'd acquired of their life together. She was no longer hesitant, she wanted him, she wanted to be free to love him and she wanted their life together again and somehow she was going to have to show him that it was possible, that she was still the same person, because she no longer had her doubts so neither should he.

"You're thinking to hard about something.”

She smirked. "No, I'm not."

His eyebrow rose up. "Your forehead was creased and you were gnawing at your lip," he stated in fact.

She shrugged. "Maybe I just wanted you to take a hint and do the gnawing yourself," she teased.

She expected him to tease her back but his face became serious. "Are you sure?"

"Logan," she spoke as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Just stop it, stop the worrying, and stop the guilt, because I remember alright. I love you and I want to move forward. I want to make new memories with you. I know it's hard and impractical to say but I just want to move on from wherever we had left off in the good times, and that means you need to stop treating me like some kind of china doll."

Her buried his face against hers and whispered, "I just want to take care of you."

"You need to take care of yourself as well, Logan."

He pulled back and sighed. "You're right," he murmured. "It shouldn't be harder for me, not after what you've been through."

"Logan," she spoke clearly as she propped herself up on her elbow. "Maybe that's true, but think about this, I wasn't the one who spent thirty years thinking you were dead, thinking I had no life left to live. If you ask me, you got the raw deal. I'm not sure I could have done it. It's alright for you to feel this way."

Slowly, a small smile found its way onto his face as he reached up and caressed her hair. "It's too early for this."

She leaned back down against him and bundled the covers around them. "I agree, but whatever needs to be said should be said so we can start fresh. I'm ready to be everything you need again. I'm ready to feel whole, but are you?"

"Of course, darlin'," he spoke clearly, his voice strong. "I want the same thing. I have you back now and I don't want to change that."

She kissed the inside of his palm as his hand trailed along her cheek. "Good."

His eyes came to life as she smiled at him and she wrapped her arms around him. She felt sleep beckoning her again but she fought it, wanting to do something important. She leaned in and she noticed the way his eyes became clear as he focused on her movements. Gently, she laid her lips upon his and kissed him softly. He responded back and although it didn't have the same fire as the time in the forest it had a spark all to it on its own. It was gentle and soft, letting a calm spread between them as they both opened up to one another. The kiss wasn't rushed and it didn't lead into anything else, instead they let themselves become locked in the moment refusing to let time carry them away.

Licking her lips, she fell against her pillow in satisfaction and murmured a contented sigh. She opened her eyes to find Logan's head resting on her pillow with a similar look on his face.

Her hand settled on his chest just above his heart. "Stay with me."

"Always," he answered.

She found her eyes closing; her body unable to refuse the warmth and comfort that surrounded her. It was still early and she was happy to spend a few more hours wrapped up in bed with Logan. He didn't seem to mind either as she found his heartbeat slowing down slightly.

"Logan," she murmured just before sleep over took her.
He grunted.

"When we wake up later," she paused to lick her lips.

"Yes?"

"I want you to take me home."

His hands tightened around her back. "Of course," he answered his voice full of heavy emotion.