Was this the face that launch'd a thousand ships
And burnt the topless towers of Ilium?
Sweet Jean, make me immortal with a kiss.


Professor Charles Xavier, looked like the oldest man in the world as he wheeled out of the med room where Dr. Jean Grey lay in a drug induced coma. Xavier had seen the extent to which Jean had gone. Not only had she taken advantage of Logan and plotted Revenge against Rogue turning her over to sadistic scientists. She had sleep her way through Congress, and conspired with the brotherhood. She had handed over mutants to those lunatic Doctor’s, Rogue and Sabertooth hadn‘t been the first. And she had promised them more mutants. Mutants from the school, mutant children, to be experimented, tortured, and disposed of. Xavier was completely crushed, he had failed, as a mentor, teacher, protector, father. Fresh tears sprung to his eyes to add to the ones that had already fallen. Even if by some miracle the X-men succeeded he wasn’t sure he had the strength to continue.

Mentally letting Scott know where the lab was, he began to take steps to evacuate the rest of the students from the school. He’d make sure they were safe if it was the last thing he would do. However there was still the matter of Jean. What to do with her? he couldn’t let he go, she was a waking cyclone, leaving death and chaos behind. This was going to be the hardest thing he would ever have to do, it might even destroy him, but it had to be done.


Mentally communicating with Storm and Jubilee, they began boarding another aircraft. They would take the children on a “vacation” to Scotland, where the professor had a mansion there equipped to handle them. Once everyone was settled Storm went to get the professor so that they could take off.

“Storm I won’t be going.”

“Professor, what are you talking.”

“I will be staying behind, I will be inside Cerebro, keeping tabs on you and the children as well as the X-team on their mission.”

“But I thought you said that if they failed they would come for us, here.”

“Yes, they will.”

“Professor, that’s suicide. You can’t stay here we need you, the children need you.”

“I must stay not only to keep communicating with all of you, but I cannot leave Jean. She has gone down a path of no return, and she cannot be left alone. She is completely out of control. Storm, Scott is the leader of the X-men, but the run of the school has always been yours. That is why I didn’t want you on the mission. If Scott should not return, you are to take over. Instructions have been left do not worry about anything of that sort, financially you’ll never have to worry. If the mission fails do not come back, this will become a war zone. If any of the other X-men survive they too will be taken care of. It would be best to not try and locate them. I’m not sure how far things will escalate should they fail but I don’t think it will be good. Storm your first priority will always be the children. Now please go before it‘s too late. More optimistically, if everything goes well you should be able to return with a week or two to be safe.

Please Storm, you are a strong leader and now is the time for that I can feel your reluctance, but rest assured I can take care of myself. Now go I will keep communication with you”

Giving Storm a mental nudge she left the Professor alone with Jean in the med lab. A tear made it’s way down her cheek, for the man that had always been like a father to her. Would she ever see him again?

Leaving the Med lab the professor made his way to Cerebro to keep in contact with the team and try and guide them through this mission, perhaps for the last time. Giving Jean one last look confident that she would remain in her coma at least for the time being, and until he could decide how to proceed in restraining her permanently.


Meanwhile in Jean’s Subconscious

That stupid old man does he really think he can actually control me with his psychic barriers, and his never ending speeches in doing the right thing. Does he not have any idea how good it feels to finally do what I want, when I want. Can’t he understand the high I got after personally dissecting those inferior mutants, and then watching as they were disposed of. Here I thought that he was the one person that could equal me in power, how wrong was I. Don’t worry you’ll get yours Xavier, and it won’t be pretty.


Chapter End Notes:
Well there it is, just though we’d hear a little about what’s going on in Jean’s mind. Well hear more from her in other chapters.