A/N : Danielle Moonstar (Mirage) was at one point part of the X-men (which I do not own I wish I did). Her powers are she can generate astral images in the form of an individual's greatest fear or desire. Also a few other latent powers.




“I guess when your heart gets broken you sort of start to see cracks in everything. I'm convinced that tragedy wants to harden us and our mission is never to let it.”



Wolverine moved stealthy passed the bulk of the soldiers with his team in tow. Mirage followed behind him in case she needed to create a diversion for them. Nightcrawler came shortly after her, and for obvious reasons Colossus was bringing up the rear.

Trying to use his nose to get a sent on Rogue or any other mutants was a little more difficult than he had anticipated. Their was a strong smell of antiseptic and bleach in every direction so potent that it stung his eyes and nose. Wolverine couldn’t help the growl that escaped him, he was becoming more and more frustrated. It didn’t help that the building felt like it was going to come down at any moment from the explosives they had planted, and with Havoc and Polaris’s blasts, it felt like the very foundation would was giving.

Wolverine knew that he needed to find someone any one and make them talk, to tell them exactly where Rogue was and where the holding cells were, looking in every corridor was simply out f the questions it was going to take too long. Hopefully Mirage would be able to help in that department.

“okay we need to act quick, I can sense one around the corner, I’ll corner him, Mirage use your power on him, when I ask him stuff, ease up a bit and if he doesn’t say anything then hit him harder, I want him to reek of fear. Let’s hope that he’ll talk quick. I don‘t think the building can hold up much longer.”

As soon as Wolverine had him cornered, Mirage sent out a astral image out to the soldier which took form of dozens of rats taking bits out of him. His screams were deafening to Wolverine, who motioned for Mirage to ease up on her power. Getting close enough to whisper in the soldier’s ear he asked him where they were holding Rogue and Sabertooth, getting the information was pretty easy, he proceeded to knock him out cold. Deciding that Rogue was closer than Sabertooth he led his team there first, not that it would have mattered the most important thing was getting to her, and making sure she was safe.

The growl that escaped Wolverine could be heard in the hole compound, he couldn’t have been more frustrated, they were right outside of her cell and there was no Rogue only a passed out soldier. Taking a quick sniff, he ordered Nightcrawler and Mirage to get the mutants that were still alive back to the Blackbird. Taking Colossus with him they made their way to the only other place he could think of where they were holding Sabertooth.

“She’d better be there damn it”.

While ShadowCat was on the computer deleting files, she couldn’t help the tears that sprang to her eyes, as she caught tidbits of the horrific experiments that were being done on the mutants that had passed through the facility. Cyclops was using the old fashioned way, and making a big bon fire where the hard copy files where.

Just as he was about to light the files on fire a name stood out from the rest, grabbing and stuffing the file along with the one next to it in his uniform, he quickly lit the rest on fire.




Inside Cerebro Xavier was monitoring the progress of the X-men. He ever so slightly made Cyclops pick up those particular two files, that just so happened to be Rogue’s and Sabertooth. Also planting a mild suggestion that if they didn’t get out alive to destroy the files.

He was also trying to help Wolverine keep his berserker rage in check they needed to find Rogue and Sabertooth and get them out of there. He could sense their metal signatures and wanted to get them out alive. He wasn’t sure what mental of physical state they were in but he had to try. There were where they were because of his blind faith in someone that no longer existed. He was so immersed in what was happening at the lab compound that he never noticed the door to Cerebro open. He never noticed Jean approach him from behind. The last thing he remembered before he passed out was the blinding pain as Jean ripped through his mind tearing down all his mental blocks. The last thing he saw as he turned around was the smile on Jean Grey’s face.

“How do you like it Charles, feels nice doesn’t it”, and the hole place lit red.