Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a semi dark chapter. I have split the chapter in two for those of you that are not into extreme gore. So please skip part 2 of this chapter and wait for Chapter 17. I’ll do a little recap without the gore in that chapter. Once Again Please skip part 2 of this if you are faint of heart.







“Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.” ----Erica Jonq



Stalking the corridor Wolverine was so close to the edge that Logan couldn’t even see through the haze any longer. Barely holding on to any semblance of sanity, it was all shattered when he took a sniff and smelt the faint trace of blood, Rogues blood. Wolverine broke at a dead run following the metallic smell that clung in the air.


She was feeling faint from the blood loss, but still she trudged on, not wanting to give up until they were out of there. She was so close she could feel it, going down the last corridor and punching in with the pass the doors slid open. If her heart wasn’t already broken it would have at the sight before her eyes. Sabertooth was strapped down to a metal table with all sorts of tubes coming in and out of him. He looked pail and his face sunken it. Although still quite big, his normal muscle mass has been reduced by at least half. They were sucking the life right out of him. He was suck a pitiful sight. She went over and started pulling out the tubes as the tears fell down her cheek. Once they were all out she gently caressed his face and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“Well if it isn’t my little pet, returning to her master”.

Rogue abruptly turned around to be faced with Dr. Claw, smirking at her as his eyes roamed her body making her feel more dirty if that was even possible. Rogue was torn in two, a part of her wanted to shriek away run and hide, another part of her wanted to charge at him and gouge out his bloody eyes with his very own robotic hand. Swallowing hard she didn’t make a move.

“Come on Rogue you know how much we enjoyed our time together don’t be shy with me now” chucking so loudly that the echo resonated in the large room. He Started to come towards her and Rogue couldn’t help the whimper that escaped her throat. Trying hard not to show any fear was becoming impossible, he was at arms length when she started to move away to the right trying hopelessly to put distance between them.

Dr. Claw couldn’t get enough of taunting Rogue it brought out the best of him. She was the perfect specimen, it scientific terms. As far as a human being she just a used up piece of trash, the combination drove the good Dr. even more insane. He wanted to be her master and destroy all at the same time. He would get an overpowering rush whenever they were in the same room together.

“Don’t run away Rogue I know how much you liked our alone time. It’s just the two of us right now, your little friend over there is out for the count, we can have some fun together”.

It was a loosing battle Rogue was so weak she could feel her legs starting to give she wanted so very badly to run, but what was she leaving Sabertooth too. What fate awaited him, only more torture and death. Before she could really think of what her next move was she heard the swoosh of the doors slide open to reveal a very pissed off Wolverine, claws and all.

“Logan” all kinds of feeling accompanied by a few scattered images came to her as she said his name, Rogue just stared at him. Not quite trusting her eyes, was this another illusion, had she finally gone crazy. She was so confused, not having all of her memories and having such strong emotions towards the man standing in the door. She could feel his eyes accessing her body trying to see what condition she was in. It almost brought comfort to her. But still there was something holding her back.

In the time that Logan and Rogue were having their “reunion” Dr. Claw had reached for his gun taking aim at Wolverine “let’s see how your friend handles this”.

Rogue blinked and knew what he meant, the gun was one of the prototypes that he had mentioned during the last round of experiments. She was pretty sure that whatever it was would take down Wolverine permanently.

Before he could pull the trigger Rogue threw herself in front of Wolverine and taking the shot that was meant for him, right in the back.

Just as the shot went off Colossus came in the room only to see Rogue fall in Wolverine’s arms. Being steel armed had it’s advantages as he went right to the Dr. and took the gun away from him before another he had a chance to take another shot. Restraining him by tying up with rope that was lying nearby.

Wolverine just whimpered at seeing the fallen Rogue. Holding his hands to her face hoping that she would just take what she needed to heal herself. Rogue opened her eyes and started at him.

“I …” Rogue sputtered but breathing was becoming extremely difficult. The bullet had hit her left lung.

“shhh don’t say anything baby just hang on, open up your connection so you can take what you need”.

“I can’t…..the drugs…won’t let me, comes and goes” coughing and choking she tried to continue. “ my memories are gone” taking deep breaths “but I… I” she closed her eyes and tried desperately to focus. She was pretty sure that this was the last thing she’d be saying there just wasn’t anything left, to go on, her last hope had literally been ripped out of her.

Forcing herself to open her eyes, she started into the eyes of the man she loved, no matter what she loved him, even if he didn’t, even if it was all misguided and clouded she still loved him and wanted him happy. Maybe after she told him that she could go.

“just remember that I ………. I love you,…… be happy Logan”.

Trying to memorize the plains on his face the length of his hair, the tone of his skin, she gently closed her eyes with a smile on her face, maybe now she could go?

The Wolverine inside roared with anger she still had a pulse there was till time.


Chapter End Notes:
Once Again Please skip the next chapter, it has a very gorey scene. I will do a recap in chapter 17 so you don't miss a step. Thank you