Author's Chapter Notes:

well the first paragraph is for all you that skipped chapter 16, it was pretty gory. However please be warned that the ending to this chapter is a little strong as well. Not quite as bad as chapter 16 but still if you have a week stomach or aren’t’t into that then please don’t read the last paragraph. I thought about splitting it again but, I though it would just ruin the story.


A/N: I've also had a lot of FB on having this be a happy ending, I'm not great at writing the happy stuff , this is a really angsty fic. That being said I'm not against an alternate ending depending on the feedback. I'll leave it up to the readers, I'm sure you'll let me know.



Cruel is a matter of perspective. ~Jack Sparrow~


Lugging back Sabertooth to the blackbird gave Wolverine a lot of time to think about what had happened to the doctor. A part of him wanted to be ashamed for his actions leaving the doctor bleeding to death in his own guts but, the more primal part of him knew that he was getting what was coming to him. Had Sabertooth been in any better shape he was sure that it would have been much worse. As it was Wolverine was covered in blood and other matter that he was choosing to ignore at the moment.

As soon as Wolverine and Colossus had Sabertooth on board, Havok and Polaris pulled back. Once out of Range Havok aimed a plasma blast at the last of the explosives at the left side of the base to the compound, creating a huge blast and effectively bringing down anything that was left of the horrific mutant testing facility.

Pyro was unconscious but stable for the moment. Sabertooth was hooked up to an IV feeding him saline to rehydrate him, it seemed that his mutation was keeping him alive. Cyclops had also been hit by some kind of plasma gun and was also unconscious he was stable as well. Rogue was another story. He was trying everything he could think of just to keep her alive, but until he got back to the med lab and figured what had been done to her. Rogue had lost an enormous amount of blood combined with unknown amount of drugs in her system, Beast didn’t hold out much chance that she’d make it past the next few hours.

Glancing a look at Wolverine who was beside him and holding on to Rogues hand like a life line, he couldn’t keep the pity out of his eyes. The once mighty Wolverine looked like a lost child, barely holding on to reality. Beast didn’t dare utter a word not wanting to have Wolverine turn on him.

The mood on the Blackbird was quite sombre, each member hoping that those injured would be alright, all just wanting to be home and get some much needed rest, no one suspecting what was waiting for them at home.




Once the injured X-men were stabilized in the med lab, Beast tended to Rogue’s most obvious wounds which were the bullet wound, removing it and stitching it up. The miscarriage seemed to be normal as possible. After briefly letting Wolverine know that she was stable for now, however things could turn for the worst at any moment. Beast began to pour over the files on Rogue, and try to seek the best course of action, he was sure that if he could reverse the effects of the drugs and shock her powers to take at least a little bit of Wolverine’s mutation then she would as least have a fighting chance.

Beast was so immersed in his reading of the files that he never noticed Jean was not where he had left her. Until Scott started coming to, and calling out for her did he realize that she was not laying in the unconscious state he had left her in.

“Jean”

Just as Scott uttered the name Beast took a split second to analyze the situation and realize that they were all in danger. Wolverine had also heard Scott and began to sent her out with Beast following close behind.

Havok had been with Scott and also heard him he was on his way to follow Wolverine and Beast when Scott called to him.

“ Alex, help me”.

“Scott, you have to rest, once I know what’s going on I’ll let you know”.

“No help me…..up. I need to be there what ever is going on I need to be there. Now help me, or I’ll crawl there myself”.

“Fine just let me get a wheel chair”.




Wolverine was in full predator mode, searching for Jean, with beast right behind him. His senses took him straight to Cerebro. Inside they found the professor lying on the floor of a holographic replica of the upper part of the mansion.

Beast came rushing forward to check on the professor, sighing as he felt a pulse when the doors opened to reveal Alex wheeling in a distressed looking Scott.

“He has a pulse, I can’t really tell what’s wrong with him it would be best to get him back to the med lab and run some tests”. Beast was about to lift him up when the professor started to come to.

“We must get to Jean, right away”. Just as the professor was about to continue a loud shrieking scream broke through the silence. The professor’s eyes glazed over for a bit and the screaming increased in volume as Wolverine winced in pain. He was sure that no realized that sounds like that actually popped his ears drums and was quite painful until his healing factor took care of it.

“She’s on the roof. I’ve managed to trap her in here, and she’s not exactly at her best at the moment”.

Even if they didn’t know where she was they could have followed Jean’s trail of destruction. The mansion replica looked like it had been hit by a tornado. All the windows had been shattered the wood of the walls splintered, the various furniture turned upside down. Had it been the real mansion they were sure that there would have been bodies of the students to add to the destruction.

Scott looked around and the tears stung his eyes as he thought about what Jean had done, not just to the mansion but her hand in the atrocious acts that had been done to the mutants. To mutant children. How could the woman he loved be capable of such cruelty, after reading about the things that had been done to them made him shutter. There had always been places that he couldn’t reach in Jean, but he didn’t think that they were this dark, this sinister. The malice in her actions was undeniable, and unforgivable.

Alex helped him the rest of way as the wheelchair couldn’t e wheeled up to the roof and Beast carried the professor. Wolverine as always was in the lead, and out for blood, even Scott couldn’t deny it to him. After seeing the condition that Rogue was in he really couldn’t blame him or try to stop him. It was evident that Jean needed to be stopped, if Wolverine could do it then maybe it was best, because he wasn’t sure he had what it took to look her in the eyes and finish her off.

Jean Grey was standing on the ledge of the roof glowing red and anger sketched on her face. Xavier tried to gently tap on her mind and try and sway her away. The result was one pissed off Jean.

“Stay out of my head” Jean hit the professor with a powerful psychic wave and had him howling in pain.

Wolverine stocked forward claws barring only to be flung back against the brick wall and knocked out. Jean grinned as he went down.

“Just the way I w anted to see you Logan flat on your back”.

“Jean” Scott called out to her, in hopes of jarring back the old Jean the one that was kind and good, the one that would never hurt anyone. For a small moment he thought he caught a glimpse of something familiar in her eyes, but then the red shone even brighter.

“Scott Summers, my beloved fool of a husband. What makes you think that you ever knew me at all. All I ever was to you was the perfect little trophy wife, the one that could never do any wrong. Let me in on a little secret Scott Summers they were all better than you, ever single one of them”. She winked at him before began to psychically tear his mind apart.

The pain was like nothing that Scott could describe in a last ditch attempt to make it stop he tore off his glasses and sent an optic beam right at Jean. For a few seconds it hit Jean hard, but she raised her hand and grit her teeth and with a psychic shield began pushing Scott’s power back to him, Jean kept pushing until she was right up to his face.

“What do you say Scott one last kiss goodbye” just as Jean leaned into press her lips to Scott’s, Havok blasted her back to the other side of the roof knocking her in to the brick next to Wolverine. Scott collapsed exhausted from the amount of strength Jean had taken from him. Jean got up to retaliate against Alex, when the professor spoke to her.

“Jean, stop this right now. This isn’t you, you have to take back the control your emotions have over you. You would never hurt anyone, look at what your doing, think about what you’ve done. There is still time, you can stop this, you can be the person that you were before”. While the professor was speaking to her he was invading her mind with tendrils of psychic doubt trying to confuse and shock her. So he could buy them time. Jean was dangerous and growing more powerful with every moment it seemed the her emotions were tied to her powers and the more angry she got the more power she could wield.

Jean was absolutely furious, they were trying to trick her. First they wouldn’t let her out of this stupid fake world and now they had Scott and the professor trying to break her mind. Jean fought back by tooth and nail, they wouldn’t get the best of her no way. She’d get them all every single last one of them, especially that southern little bitch, she was the one that was at fault. If it wasn’t for her, she could have had them all and no one would know. Don’t worry I’m still coming for you my dear.

“Jean look at me, just follow my voice, everything is going to be alright”.

“Yes professor everything is going to be just perfect” the change in her voice was evident as she continued “just the way that I want it”. She hit the professor with everything she had, the professor screamed in pain clutching his head. Jean just hit him harder her eyes darkened and she didn’t stop until the professor was seizing on the ground. Jean smirked as she was finally satisfied that she had finished off her long time father figure without a second of remorse.

“So who’s next. I say I finish what I started, what do you think Alex, it’s time to say good bye to Scott”. No sooner were the words out of her mouth when her eyes widened in shock. Both her and Alex looked down only to see two sets of three nine inch claws sticking out of her chest.




Chapter End Notes:
A/N: hope you didn’t’t find that too gory, but again thought Jean had it coming to her, hope you let me know.