Author's Chapter Notes:
to all the readers that hung in, thank you so much especially Corinne who gave me the courage to keep this story going. Sometimes life gets in the way. The ending is almost here. Please read and review.



How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss? ~Verbal; The Usual Suspect~



Wolverine started to come to just in time to see Xavier seizing, with bile coming out of his mouth. He saw Jean zoning in on Cyclops and knew that this was the last chance that they had, it was now or never. Using his stealth mode Wolverine snuck up on Jean and stuck her from behind with his claws. Not wanting to leave a job half done, with all of his force he dragged his claws up before retracting them, as Jean dropped to the floor with a loud thud.

Luckily this time he had managed to avoid most of the blood getting on him. Leaving her where she was, he headed straight for beast “I’ll get the professor back to the med lab you get to Rogue”.

Beast knew better than to argue with Wolverine. Following hot on his heels as Wolverine gave the command for the hologram to end, as they headed out of Cerebro.

Alex was almost too stunned to follow watching as Jean’s blood pooled by her hair, a groan from Scott shook him out of his trance.

Jean was on the floor and knew that she had just a few moments left, and not even in the end could she control her emotions, still laying blame on those around her for current state. Wanting still to do the most damage possible, letting the last of her powers loose she aimed to finish Cyclops once and for all, she would take him with her where ever that was, it was a fitting end. Jean hit Scott with a even more powerful physic blast than the one on the professor, Scott was already weakened from the earlier attack.

Scott was in so much pain his mind felt like it was going to explode, he could feel the cold tendrils of physic waves as Jean was invading his mind. The pressure was so intense that he felt his eardrums actually pop, the pulsing of his brain was just too much and Scott stopped fighting all together, one last spasm and he was gone with a look of agony sketched on his face.
Chapter End Notes:
The ending is almost here. Please read and review. Still considering a happy ending or at least an alternative happy ending with enough feedBack. I know it's a short chapter but I didn't want to drag it out any longer.