Chapter 2 The Road Trip. Cut Short


~Know which way the wind blows~


Not a day into her road trip and Rogue started to feel sick. It started out with her stomach feeling uneasy and turned into constant throwing up anything and everything she ate. She was moody and achy and just plain irritable. At first she though it was the flu. However she hit Nevada and just couldn’t take it anymore. Heading to the first doctor she could. Standard usual testing had Rogue back at the doctor’s office in the morning.

“Good morning, how are you feeling today, Miss. Xavier.”

“Not that good, I’ve thrown up three times already and it’s only 8:30, I’m hoping that you can give me something to clear whatever this is up”.

“Well Ms. Xavier, your blood work came back and you are in perfect health. According to these results you are pregnant, very early perhaps 4-5 weeks. An ultrasound will provide us with an accurate due date. Congratulations.”

Rogue was in total shock, the doctor kept going on about prenatal care, and if she needed an OB/GYN. She still couldn’t get past being pregnant, before she knew it, she had an appointment to see another doctor in a month’s time.

“I can’t believe this I’m pregnant, with Logan’s baby”, Rogue didn’t know how long but she guessed that she must had been sitting in her car at least an hour before heading back to her motel room.

After a hot shower she laid on the bed, not knowing quite what to do. She was going to be a mother, a single mother.

“A baby, oh my god”.

It was so bittersweet, on one hand she never thought she would ever have the chance to be a mother, once her mutation hit, she had given up on that dream. It was almost like fate was giving her a second chance. And on the other hand, her baby would grow up without a father.

“I’m going to love this baby enough for the both of us”.

With that though in mind she fell asleep. She dreamt of Logan and Jean, except they were having a baby. Logan looked so happy, he was holding a baby boy in his arms, gushing at Jean “my boy“. She woke up sobbing, she could hear his voice over and over again in her head. It felt like her heart had shattered all over again.

It was like a slap in the face, in spite of everything that he had done to her, she still only wanted him to be happy, and if his happiness was Jean then who was she to stop him. There was a part of her that always knew Jean was the love of his life, that he was just making time with her waiting for the right moment. The signs had always been there she had just chosen to ignore them, she though that if she loved him enough he would realize how much he loved her.

Could she ever tell him about the baby! Would he be happy? Would he even care? She didn’t want to tie him to her out of some sort of obligation. She had been slowly trying to let go of Logan, and now she knew that every time she would look at her baby, she would always remember him. She’d never be able to truly move on the baby would always tie her to Logan whether either one of them wanted or not. She only hoped that when the day came she would be strong enough to face whatever came.

Realizing this line of thinking would get her no where, she tired to focus on the present. First thing she would have to find a job and quick, babies cost money and she would need a lot in a short amount of time.

“I only hope Vegas will be good to me.”


Chapter End Notes:
Short Chapter just setting up the story hope you liked it.