Hope is a light we keep inside that no one can touch. ~Jermaine J. Evans

After two weeks trouble came calling in the name of Abbott Laboratories. Neither Rogue or Sabertooth ever felt it coming. Rogue woke up feeling groggy and sicker (if that was even possible) than usually. Looking around Rogue found herself in a small dark dingy cell with a solid steel door and a small opening at the bottom, much like solitary confinement. There was a small light above her head that was flickering and was giving her a headache.

Trying to recall how she got there the last thing she remember was leaving the club and heading for her car Victor had told her he would meet her at her apartment, she was getting into her car and felt a sharp prick in the back of her neck, and then nothing. “Fuck they must have drugged me, where the hell am I.” Her hand went to her belly and prayed everything would be alright. She was only about two and a half months into her pregnancy and hoped that whoever had taken her would not find out. As Rogue was contemplating her fate she heard a sound that filled her with terror, it was a roar so deafening that she had to cover her ears. There was no mistaking who had made the sound. Rogue couldn’t help but wonder what she had got Sabertooth into, there was no doubt in her mind that it was her they had come for. She was suddenly over come with dread more for her unborn baby than for her. Would it ever even be born? Would she ever see it be born?

Thousands of miles away Charles Xavier held his head in his hands trying to block out the pain he felt from another mutant. The pain was so crippling and had Charles desperately trying to put up walls to stop the onslaught of fire that coursed through his body as if he was being burned alive. The pain was so intense that he promptly passed out.

Rogue didn’t know how much time went by when she heard footsteps outside her cell. She could make out that the door beside her own cell was opened and heavy thump was heard as it was slammed shut. My god the smell was like burnt flesh, and had her heaving the little that was left in her stomach. The next thing she saw was her cell door open and about five men dressed in black head to toe and wearing masks enter her room four had guns and one a needle in his hand.

“Hold her down”. Taking a deep breath she decided that now was not the time to fight, the last thing she felt were hands holding her down and then everything went dark.