Keep your Friends close and your enemies even closer. Sun-tzu Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

Charles looked around the room with a heavy heart, he decided that the direct approach would be best. Despite the tension between the members of the x-team, he was sure that everyone would keep a level head save one. He hoped that by having everyone together he could defuse any potential violent outburst and prepare them for the task at hand.

Clearing his throat Charles began “for those of you that are not aware, yesterday I suffered a sort of psychic sos. I have only ever felt this once before. In this particular case the mutant was in great pain and their suffering became mine so to speak. For a brief moment I was bombarded with a few images but mostly with the intense pain that was happening to them at that moment”.

“Professor do you know who that mutant was.”

Taking a moment to try and put together his thoughts. “Yes Storm I do. It was Victor Creed. As you know he left on personal leave and it seems that he has been captured and is being tortured and experimented on. I spent all night trying to pinpoint his location but, thus far I have had no luck.”

“What aren’t you tellin’ us chuck.”

Rubbing at his temple he told himself that bad news was like ripping off a band aid “I was not able to pick up his location but other images have led me to believe that he is not alone.” Bracing himself and ensuring his metal walls were up he continued “wherever it is that they have him, Rogue is there as well. I tried to pick up her metal signature but due to the nature of her powers it is almost impossible to track her unless she chooses. Wherever they are it’s blocking any kind of mental links or signatures. The last place I was able to pick anything up was Las Vegas, some time two nights ago”.

“What the fuck do you mean, you told me she was fine.”

Before Charles could response Scott beat him. “she wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for you”.

Wolverine snarled “you had better keep your mouth shut about what you don’t understand one-eye.”

“Or what, what are you going to do, there isn’t anything left that you could possible do to me Wolverine”.

Charles could feel the headache coming in and groaned “ gentlemen, please there are more important things at hand than whatever is going on between you to. I will ask that you put your personal quarrels aside for now and concentrate on locating Sabertooth, and Rogue. I suspect they are in a laboratory of some sort and whoever it is that has them knows what they are capable of it seems that they have taken precautions towards their mutations.”

“Professor, what exactly did you see. What were they doing to Sabertooth.”

“They set him on fire” a collective gasp was heard around the room. “His mutation is keeping him alive and from what I can tell they are keeping him heavily sedated. I saw Rogue through his peripheral vision, as she was being taken dragged away.”

No one noticed the red glow in the Jean’s eyes as they the professor mentioned Rogue, nor the smirk that passed her face before she was able to mask it with a look of concern.

“Obviously I will keep trying Cerebro, perhaps those around have seen something I will start at the place she was last seen. Shadowcat I would like you to search on the computer and see if you can find any abnormal activity with any major laboratory companies, for some reason I don‘t believe this is government related. The rest of you I will let you know once I have any leads. You are dismissed, Scott if you could please stay a moment.”


“Scott I realize that you are going through your own personal problems, and the situation with Logan is a difficult one at Best. However you are the leader of the X-men and as such I expect for you, at least for the time being to behave accordingly. I fear that for whatever reasons behind Rogue’s abduction there is much more going on. I do not wish to jump to conclusions, but I believe one of our own is responsible. I also believe that if we do not find them soon, there won’t be anything at all to find. They will test the limits to both their mutations and then dispose of them, quickly”.

Scott was reeling from the revelations, he wanted so desperately to believe that the professor was wrong, but the logical side knew that everything he had said was true. He by no means had the powers that the professor possessed but for the last few months had couldn’t shake the feeling off that something was happening. Taking deep breaths to steady his emotions.

“Of course professor. As soon as you know anything let me know so I can prepare. Thank you for not holding out on any information. I’ll be in the danger room”. Closing the door behind him, sighing he sometimes wished he cold be more like a certain Canuck, and just let his emotions take over. Logan was the type to shoot first, shoot again, and then look for survivors.

He was a complete emotional mess on the inside. His role as leader was the only thing keeping him afloat. Everyone thought he was cold and a boy scout. No one not even his wife realized that he couldn’t afford to wear his emotions on his sleeve that he had to be strong for those around him. He knew that no one could see his heart was broken into a million pieces.

Scott knew that whatever was coming was not good. He thought it best to mediate in order to be prepared for anything that might be coming. Trying to calm his raging emotions, and bring the level headed X-men leader to the front was more exhausting than he let on.