A red headed wolf in sheep's clothing


Mentally calling Hank to place her in a bed. Quickly probing her mind the professor couldn’t get much her walls were still very much in place but it was enough to make him sick.

It was clear to Xavier that Jean had become a liability to herself and the school. Everyone was in danger. She had sold out to the worst possible people and they would be coming for them all. Xavier had Hank administer Jean a sedative, and called all his X-men to a meeting.

“What I am about to say will come as a shook to most of you. I am sure that you will all have many question, I ask that for the time being you put them aside, time is of the essence. I do promise to let you know everything once the immediate danger is over. As you can all see Jean is not present. For those of you that know Jean a long time you know that she has always struggled with her powers and trying to make the right choices has been a very difficult process for her. It has come to my attention that she has misused her powers, for her own pleasure purposes.” No one said a word but they all thought he was referring to the Logan/Jean incident that had led to the fight with Scott, creating a mini Melrose Place in the mansion (having everyone playing the guessing game of who‘s sleeping with who, some even placing bets).

“I had my suspensions for some time and have tried to guide her as best I could without ethically invading her mind. Today I became aware of Jean’s involvement with Rogue and Sabertooth’s abductions.”

Wolverine sneered “what the fuck do you mean.”

“Logan please I will tell you everything but please do not interrupt or I will have you removed. Now then, it seems that Jean had contacted a doctor friend of hers who works for Abbott Laboratories. She made him aware of Rogue’s mutation and pointed him in her direction. Sabertooth was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What Jean did not realize was that it would not stop there. This doctor has another agenda, they are searching for a cure to rid the world of mutants and I’m afraid that if we don’t act quickly he will succeed. Scott I want you to prepare the team and be ready to leave within the hour. Hank I also want you to go. You are to go through the research and destroy it all, make sure that you don’t leave anything behind it is of the utmost importance that they are unable to continue and work they may have been working on. Shadow Cat you will also destroy all computer records of any experiments and anything at all to do with mutants, names, dates, locations nothing. Storm and Jubliee you will stay behind, once I have given the co-ordinates to Scott of the Laboratory we will evacuate the school the children are our first priority. If this mission fails they will come for us and they must be protected at all costs. Contingency plans have been made for these circumstances. I will not divulge them at the moment as they are for each individual I will let you know at the appropriate time. I will keep a physic link to all of you and let you know when the time comes. You are dismissed please make your way to your rooms pack a small bag no ID and best of luck to you all. Scott Logan please remain behind.” Everyone filed out with heavy hearts, off to say their goodbyes to their loved ones in private.




“How long have you known old man” Logan couldn’t keep the contempt out of his voice. He had known and done nothing, if he hadn’t been playing favourites they wouldn’t be in this situation.

“Not as long as you think, and I didn’t know to what extent until just a few moments ago.” In a quite smooth voice, he continued “why didn’t you come to me? Why didn’t you let me know what was going on.” The professor had seen most of what had happened between them, and didn’t blame Logan for what happened, he had been clinically unaware of what had happened, his choices had latterly been taken from him.

“What is he talking about Professor” Scott wanted answers, they were keeping things from him and that was unacceptable. He was leader of the X-men and he needed, no Had to know what was going on with all member of his team damn it.

The professor snuck a glance at Logan to see his face, and sighed. Logan was a closed book knowing that he would say nothing else on the matter the professor took it upon himself to try and explain what was going on with Jean, and subsequently what had transpired between the two, and more to the point why Rogue was where she was, all without invading Logan’s privacy.

“Please sit down Scott. Let me begin at the start. I’ve been having sessions with Jean to try and control her more primal urges. To try and guide her from acting on her impulses to get the satisfaction that her Id was demanding. In essence her Id was, and is feeding off the pleasure that she gets from using her powers. As time goes by it wants to feed more often and needs stronger emotions to do so. She is addicted to powerful emotions. She went after Logan knowing that she could get the most primal emotions out of him. Once she realized that Rogue was in the way she devised a plan to take her out. I believe she was trying to get some sort of revenge as it is one of the strongest emotions an Id can feed off.” The professor hoped that would be enough, not wanting to really get into everything with Scott and trying to keep some semblance of privacy for Logan.

Logan was seething he couldn’t believe it, he had know or at the very least suspected what was going on in her head and had done nothing. “You cold hearted bastard you knew and did nothing. Rogue is God knows where, and you could have done something. You could have gone in her mind like you did today. And now we are all paying for your mistakes”.

The professor snapped. “What did you expect me to do go threw her mind, on mere suspicions. It’s not like she was going to volunteer. Why didn’t you let me go probing threw your mind or at the very least tell me what happened. You let everyone think that what happened was mutual, that you had gotten what you always wanted. When we both know what really happened.” Before Logan had a chance to respond the professor continued. “Now I’m going back to Jean to get the location, and you both will prepare for the mission. Scott I know you have a lot of questions but there really isn’t any time. I promise you that I will inform you of everything to you once we have more time.”


With that the professor left both men stewing on information that the professor had revealed. All three men having the same questions weigh on their mind, Could the professor have stopped these chain of events from happening? And What was going to happen to them all?