Story Notes:
Special Thanks to the X-Men 2 book for the lines.
On the way to his tent Logan began to wander closer to hers. They hadn't really talked much lately, and he felt now would be a good time. As he approached he could smell that other boy--Bobby, was it?--in there with her. They were together, asleep. She was barely asleep, keeping herself on alert of her skin, Bobby holding her in his arms. Logan wanted to puke. He turned the other direction and didn't try to think about what had just come to his attention. And then he saw her there, near the ship, looking as if she knew what she was doing as she repaired it.

"How bad is it?" Logan asked, walking up to her. She seemed almost afraid to see him come out of the darkness and approach her.

Logan didn't catch half of what she said after that. All kinds of technical stuff he didn't expect to come from her. She looked gorgeous, she smiled at him with her naturally red lips as she talked. Her brown eyes seemed to smile too. Her long hair hung over her smooth pale skin.

After she finished her speech that he hadn't paid attention to he added, "That isn't what I meant." What he meant was how are we? How are you?

"I know what you meant, Logan. That's how I chose to answer it. Okay?" Logan didn't expect her to get so worked up over a little question. He starred at her, her flame of anger faded from her eyes until they were soft again. "I'm worried about everyone. About... Bobby."

"I know." Logan almost growled. He didn't want to talk about Bobby. He leaned in closer to her smaller figure, almost close enough to touch. He lifted his hand to caress her cheek. He was surprised when she didn't pull back, and how a shock didn't pull him in when he touched her. "I'm worried about you. That was some accident up there. Are you all right?"

"I'm just glad that Nightcrawler guy was around." She smiled at him, a smile that he was delighted to see. When he leaned in closer she didn't stop him. The feel of his facial hair against her skin made her want to laugh, but instead she kissed him, long and deep. He stroked through her long dark hair until finally she pushed away. "I love him."

"You do?" Logan found it hard to believe she could love that little twerp. He starred into her eyes, loving her gaze and the shine in her eye. He could almost see his reflection.

She smiled at him, pushing him away ever-so-gently "People flirt with the bad guy, Logan. They don't take him home." He noticed her long dark hair suddenly turn red, in a flash, and then back to brown again. He looked into her eyes, the same soft eyes. "They marry the good guy."

Great, now she was talking about marrying this weirdo? Where the hell had he been? It had only been a couple of weeks. He decided he needed to have a talk with this Bobby kid.

"Is that enough?" Logan wondered how she could love that little goody-too-shoes kid anyway. Her eyes changed, in a flash, like her hair. Still brown, but the softness had vanished. In another flash it returned. Another flash, this time her face changed, Jean was staring at him. Then back to Rogue. "I could be the good guy, Jean."

Rogue didn't seem to notice he had called her the wrong name. "Logan, the good guy sticks around." Logan couldn't take anymore of this Bobby crap. He leaned in and kissed her, more passionately this time, almost a sign of possessiveness. She pushed him away, pain clear in her expression. Another Flash. Jean stood in front of him, Logan was baffled. "Logan, don't." She turned around and walked away, Logan watched her go.

What the hell?