Story Notes:
Some of you may be old enough to remember a show called St. Elsewhere that was on in the mid 1980's. In the series finale, it was revealed that the entire show had been the imaginings of a young person, holding a snow globe. That is where I've taken my idea from. I have always loved that episode. I even still have it somewhere on tape. Anyway. That's where the idea came from. Please let me know what you think as this is my first fic. Picks up at the end of X-2, kinda AU-ish.
He walked out the main door and into the gardens. Yes, Jean had made her choice and her choice had saved them all; including Logan. Scott found he wasn't so upset about that. He was glad to have Logan around. He knew Logan would keep him from falling apart, and he knew Jean would always be alive in his heart. He could live with that; for now.

Snow began to fall around the beautifully manicured gardens. Light, flaky, almost unreal. For a brief moment, the gardens were tilted upside down then right side up again. The snow flakes started falling harder all around…

The young girl held the snow globe in her hand and watched the white synthetic snow fall down around the old mansion and gardens that looked so very real. She smiled softly and turned, setting it on a table where other snow globes rested as well. One held an old southern home with magnolia trees in the front yard. Another looked like a Canadian tavern with trucks parked outside of it, all covered in snow. Yet another globe showed a train station. There was a snow globe that featured the White House and the one next to it had an old abandoned church. There was even one that held only a motorcycle and a strange looking aircraft. The one the girl loved most of all, though, was the newest one the physical therapist had given her yesterday. It was a young girl, standing in a doorway, holding what looked like military tags in her hand. She looked like she was waiting for someone to return... She picked that one up and held it in her hands.

Ever since the diagnosis had come four months ago, she'd spent all her time in the hospital with doctors and therapists and her beloved older brother. Her main doctor, a woman named Jean, was her favorite of them all. Hank was her physical therapist when she was strong enough to endure the therapy. Dr. Jean's husband, Scott, visited her often and the two of them talked about cars and motorcycles. He'd been the one to give her the snow globe with the motorcycle and the airplane. Her foster father, Charles, came at least twice a day when he wasn't busy teaching at the university. Ororo, Charles' assistant, also came and had brought her the snow globe of the train station. Then there was Kurt. The girl smiled and glanced over at the snow globe of the abandoned church. Kurt was a priest who came often and prayed with the girl. He'd been the one to give her the snow globe of the church… They all did what they could to show her their love and support but she knew she was dying. It was just a matter of time...

There was a knock at her door and she looked up from the hospital bed as the door was pushed open. She smiled brightly at the man entering the room

"Hi, Logan!" She held up the snow globe for her older brother to see. "Look what Hank brought me!" Logan chuckled softly and sat down in the chair next to the bed and looked at the snow globe, smiling softly.

"Hank's got good taste, babe," he said quietly. His dark eyes moved from the globe to her face and his smile softened somewhat. "So, what did you write about today, Marie?" Marie grinned and put down the snow globe, then reached for the notebook that sat there next to it.

"I sent everyone to Washington, Logan. They talked to the President and the Professor told him that it was up to him to make the right decisions. Then they all went back to the mansion and Scott decided that he could go on without Jean because he had all his friends to help and support him." Logan smiled and leafed through the notebook as it was handed to him.

"So, is it finished then?" Marie sighed softly and Logan looked at her more carefully.

"For now, Logan. For now." Marie closed her eyes and Logan closed the notebook. On the front cover, Marie had drawn a large circle that surrounded the letter X. She had written all their names somewhere on the front. Logan sighed heavily and set the notebook back down, his gaze falling back on Marie's face once more. He pulled out a small bag and opened it, drawing out a snow globe that held the statue of liberty inside of it. Logan shook it, watched the snow fall around the inside of the globe then set it down and took Marie's hand in his, holding it tightly, blinking back the tears that were in his eyes.

"I'll take care of you, Marie. I promise."

The End