Author's Chapter Notes:
And next pic: http://roudevil.deviantart.com/art/One-Size-Does-Not-Fit-All-75902765
Eep. I hope I didn't mangle your vision completely...
When morning came it dragged unusually cold weather at its wake. Glittering frost covered every surface, and made roads slippery. Luckily Rogue had packed warm clothes for the baby, but her own jacket was woefully inadequate for the chill conditions.

“Are you sure about this?” She asked, twisting and turning in front of the mirror. “Aren’t you going to get cold?” She asked. Logan shook his head. “I’m going to be just fine.” “Well, if you say so…” Rogue said, tugging the sleeves of his jacket a bit higher. It was far too big for her. She could have used it as a tent if an emergency struck, but at least it was warmer than her own jacket. She let go of the hem of it and it instantly fell past her hips, down to her thighs. “My God, Logan! This thing is huge!” She huffed. “Well, there’s a lot to cover…” He smirked, stepping behind her for comparison. She stared at their reflection for a while and then swallowed. “Uh… You could say so…” She whispered. The top of her head barely reached the hollow of his throat. T-shirt he was wearing revealed arms as thick as her thighs. Hands that rested on her shoulders looked wide and strong enough to snap her in half.

Suddenly she felt herself very small, and when her gaze shifted to Logan’s eyes, something very old and feral was staring back at her. She froze. Like a rabbit on a ray of light. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t breathe.

It was over as sudden as it started. When she snapped out of her stupor Logan had already picked up the baby from the bed, and looked just about as harmless as a big, burly beast of a man could look with squirming bundle of drooling little girl on his arms. “You take this,” he said shoving the baby to Rogue. “Huh? What am I supposed to do with it?” She asked stunned. Logan smirked. “Tsk, tsk… ‘What am I going to do with her’, Rogue. It’s a she, not it…” He said, wagging his index finger. “We’re going to Xavier’s. I’m riding the bike. You’re driving a car. Do the math, kid,” he continued, stomping out before she had the time to protest.

When she got at her car Logan roared past her, seemingly in awful hurry. But by the time she had the baby strapped to the children’s seat he returned, spraying small pebbles to the side of the car as the motorcycle skidded to halt. “You better wait at the front gate when we get to Xavier’s! I don’t know about you and me, but there are people who that critter can really hurt! I’ll drive in and talk to Xavier!” He shouted over the noise of the engine. She nodded, then reached over and placed her hand on his forearm. “Are you sure you’re going to be alright without jacket?” She asked. “I’m fine as soon as I get out of her range!” He shouted, then gunned the engine and drove off.

It was a tricky task. He wasn’t about to let Rogue and her precious cargo out of his sight, but he couldn’t let them too close either. He found out that if he kept two cars between them he felt just fine. Any closer and coldness grasped him, making him numb and his every muscle cramp and shiver.

Of course he could have called to Xavier, but he was paranoid to the bone. Trait that had saved his hide oftentimes before. He wasn’t going to be the person who let out the rumor about the perfect weapon against mutants, and anybody could be listening phone conversations. Few hours in a freezing weather on a motorbike was a cheap price to pay for the secrecy. And this way he had the time to clear his head. He wasn’t going to step in front of a powerful telepath, remnants of his latest dream still swirling around in his head.

At some point in the wee hours of dawn he had fallen to a light slumber. He had lain on the bed, not quite sleeping, but not awake either. And she had come to him. Rogue. Naked as the day she was born. He had touched her, his fingers skimming over her ivory skin, all the way from her lower abdomen to her perky breasts and rosy nipples. She had sat there, straddling him, her eyes locked to his, barely breathing, tilting her head back and closing her eyes when he had rolled her nipples gently between his fingers.

Not bad for a guy who usually dreamt of painful surgical experiments performed on him, but somehow he doubted Xavier’s ability to see the beauty in that particular fantasy. Logan had to admit that the dream had been realistic enough to give him an honest scare right before he woke up. He had half expected to find nude Rogue sitting on his lap when he opened his eyes, and even if it had been good, leading to all kinds of nice things, one fact remained. She was just a kid. Very mature, very grown up and capable of helping him to fix the mess he had stumbled upon, but deep down just a confused teenager.

He gunned the engine and weaved past the cars separating him from the one Rogue was driving. Getting in was easy. It took several minutes before he really started to get cold. He tried to peer in to the car, but it was impossible. Xavier had had all of the mansion’s cars rebuilt. From the outside they were still perfectly normal SUV’s, but innards were completely another issue, and tinted windows were part of the package.

When the coldness and the breeze got unbearable he drew back, bracing himself for the inevitable dizziness as his mutation slammed back on full force. He managed to keep the bike steady and congratulated himself. He was getting the hang of it. Maybe given enough time he could develop immunity to the baby. Weirder things had happened. For Rogue the baby would do good, that was sure. All she had to do was to keep the brat close enough and she wouldn’t have to worry over her own mutation anymore.

He shook his head. “You’re a fucking moron, Wolverine… If it looks to be too good to be true, it probably is just right that,” he grunted. The baby’s mutation was just a little too convenient.