Story Notes:
Part Two to The return Of The Rogue

Dedicated to Kyrada for the feedback. Thanks!

This was really hard to write, and I'm not sure that I like it, so feed back would be greatly appreciated again!

There will be one more part!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan clears things up between him and Storm before he realizes Rogue is missing.
He lay in bed, dreaming of long, creamy legs, curves, and white surrounded by brown. He didn’t hear the door open or close as he caressed the delicate, pale flesh of her inner thigh. It wasn’t until her scent, a rich mixture of Freesia, roses, strength, jealousy, and desperation, reached him that he opened his eyes to find Ororo standing above him, wearing a white, silk robe. He would have staked his life that she was naked underneath. Slowly, he sat up, suddenly aware of just how naked he was under the sheet.

“I’ve missed you, Logan. It’s been a long time. Since you left to get Rogue, in fact. I wonder if there is any connection.” It was more a statement than a question. The gleam on her eye told him that she was there to claim what was hers.

“Look, Ororo. I think we need to talk,” he whispered, trying to move away from her as she crawled into the bed beside him. The smell of desperation coming off of her was enough to make him choke. He knew that this was a bad situation, and, quickly, he jumped out of the bed, wrapping the sheet around him midsection as he did so.

“What’s there to talk about, Logan?” She asked sweetly, sitting up, and letting the robe slip open just a little. “I mean, we’re adults here. We both agreed not to be exclusive. Just casual, friendly sex. Those were your words, weren’t they? I mean, you are the one who didn’t want to be in a relationship. Too many ties, too many opportunities to get hurt. Let’s just fuck so that neither one of us would have to leave the children unprotected to go find something.” He could feel the air in the room becoming electrified as her anger grew. She was losing control.

“Listen, Ro, things change…”

“Not you,” she cut him off sharply. “You don’t change, Logan. You are the only thing around here that doesn’t change. You’re an asshole, and you like things to stay the same. You don’t settle, and you call the shots. So why? All because of this child?”

He sat up as he saw the tears begin to trickle down her cheeks. How was he supposed to explain this to her? How could she even understand something like this? His feelings for Rogue were all animal. She was his mate. How could anyone understand that? “Even I change, Ro. I found my mate, and I can’t let anything come between us. Not after everything we’ve been through.”

“Why her?” She was having a hard time coming to terms with the end of their physical relationship. He was probably the only indulgence she allowed herself. Between classes, running the school, and leading the A team, she didn’t even have time for garden. The only reason the flowers were still as beautiful as they were was because of the botany class. “She’s a child, Logan. How can you be sure she will even stick around? She only just recently regained control of her skin. How do you know she will even want to settle down? She’s young, Logan.”

“She’s a lot older than you think, Ro,” he retorted angrily. “She hasn’t been a child for a long time. She’s a tortured soul, and she’s been through more than anyone should ever go through. She’s seen more things and had more experiences then anyone I know. Hell, with everyone trapped in her head, it’s a miracle she hasn’t completely lost herself.”

“Is that why you love her? Because of everything she’s had to go through? Because of her deadly skin? Why her? Because she’s younger?” She was starting to lose control now, and Logan sat back on the bed.

“There’s so much more to it, Ro,” He replied softly. “I love her because of who she makes me. She treats me with respect. She doesn’t look at me like I’m just a toy, and she’s never treated me like an animal.”

“I’ve never treated you like that,” she whispered, turning away from him.

He didn’t have the heart to correct her. The entire time they had known each other, she had treated him like he was nothing but an animal. He sighed, lowering his head. “It’s different with her.”

“What’s does she have that I don’t?”

“Me.” He was blunt in his reply, letting the word slip out before thinking. He felt a sharp stab of guilt when she flinched away from him, though.

“I see,” she whispered as she crawled out of his bed and walked to the door. She stood for a moment, not moving, barely breathing. He watched her shoulders slump, and he could smell the desperation and anger leave her scent, only to be replaced by a sadness that he knew would take a man greater than him to chase away. “I’m happy for you both, Logan.”

As she slowly opened the door, he was hit by an out of place scent, one that he knew too well.

Before Storm was able to walk out of the room, Logan was up, claws unleashed, pushing her aside. Stark naked, he looked more feral than he had even on the battle field. She something was wrong even before he kicked down the door to Rogue’s room.

She followed close behind him, knowing that it had to be bad for him to react the way he did.

The first thing either of them noticed was upon entering was that Rogue was missing from her bed. The second was shards of glass and a syringe laying on the floor, next to her nightstand. It appeared that the glass had been a vase that had been knocked over and stepped on.

Watching Logan, Storm realized that he knew who had done this. Someone had been here, in their school. Someone who wasn’t supposed to be there.

“Sabertooth,” Logan growled as he stomped back to his room.

Storm listened as the door slammed shut. She was halfway down the hall when Logan ran past her, completely dressed. She had a feeling he was on his way out to follow the scent.

Sure enough, as both the main and the junior team began to pour into the briefing room, Logan was nowhere to be found. Storm prayed that he would find her before anything happened to her, even as she briefed and delegated the others.