Logan laid in bed with her that night, holding her to him as she tried to lose herself in his scent. She knew that there was no way she was going to sleep for a long time. She had seen too much, too many people die because those doctors were done with them. She had almost been one of them. If Logan and Cloud hadn’t shown up when he did, she would have died on that dirty table. She owed him her life, again, but, this time, she wished that he would have allowed her to die.

There was no sex on her first night home. It was something she wasn’t ready for yet. She still didn’t feel safe, even in Logan’s arms. She couldn’t allow him into her body, yet, not until she felt she was deserving of him again. She knew that it would be a long time before she could even consider it.

She allowed them to take her daughter. She knew she should have fought more. She had the upper hand. They wouldn’t kill her child. She was too valuable. Now she didn’t even know if her little girl was still alive.

It was almost dawn, and she knew that she couldn’t lie there any longer. She sat up slowly, letting her gaze move around the room. Logan had moved all of her things into his room as she was being checked over in the medlab. It had been the only time he had left her side since then. As soon as Beast let her go, he ushered her up to their room, and he kept her there since then.

“I’m sorry, Logan,” she whispered into his chest. The guilt was eating away at her. Everything that had happened had been her fault, starting with the point when Sabertooth had taken her from her room. She should have been more alert, should have known that something was wrong. She had been so tired, though. And there had been no alarms. No one should have been able to get through without triggering the alarms. That meant that there was someone who had allowed him in. Someone who had sold her out.

“Who would do this to us, Logan? Who would want to hurt me so badly?” She asked softly. She couldn’t understand what had happened.

“I don’t know, Baby,” he whispered back, tightening his hold. He had been unable to sleep, also, the same thoughts running through his head. “I thought it was Bobby, at first, but he was with Jubilee and Beast in town until Ororo had called us for that meeting. It had to be someone who was in the surveillance office and he just had no chance to do it. We will find out, though. I promise.”

She sighed hard, not wanting to even think about it anymore. It was just too much for her right then. They had a traitor among them. ‘Who’ was the question now.