“Logan won’t let her out of the house. She doesn’t even leave when he’s not here,” he said angrily. “You were supposed to kill her. What the hell happened?”

“We thought she didn’t stand a chance. We assumed her skin wouldn’t work any longer.” Dr. Sloran replied quickly.

“Well, you stupid bitch, you assumed wrong, didn’t you? She was supposed to die. But you and your damn torture fetish might have cost us everything.” His voice was full of venom. “If she ever gets back to that facility and takes a good look around, she can destroy us.”

“Why not burn the place down?” She asked softly, not trying to upset him any longer. He was the one in charge. He was the one who could break her. “Why not destroy everything?”

“Not possible. There are things there that we will need eventually. Just be thankful that those asshole super heroes didn’t grab everything.”

“Aren’t those ‘assholes’ your friends?” she asked sarcastically.

“Shut your fucking mouth! I’m going to have to report back to my supervisor about this. He wanted her dead. Do you realize that if she finds any information, she is the only person who can take us down?” His tone was becoming higher and higher, and his voice became more manic.

“I would have thought you would be more concerned about the child’s father.”

“He’s nothing, don’t you get it? He’s not shit compared to her. She can take us out single handedly. It was her genes that we needed, not his. He and Victor are one in the same. It wouldn’t have mattered who the father was. She was the key. He’s nothing without her. He would have fallen apart as soon as she was out of the picture. Now, we need her dead, and they will both be out of it. I know someone who can help. It’s just going to take awhile to get a hold of him.”