For seven weeks Logan tried to make things better for Rogue. He didn’t follow her around like a paranoid bodyguard any longer, but she was still not able to leave the grounds without someone with her at all times, preferably, someone big and scary. Jubilee wasn’t sufficient enough to protect her. His exact words were that fireworks weren’t going to stop anyone.

Rogue had accepted what she could. At least it was an improvement from before. And, besides, she didn’t really mind taking Colossus or Scott shopping with her and Jubilee. They were always willing to carry the bags, and never gripped about the time.

She was finally allowed to walk around the grounds alone, at least. She took walks daily, now, avoiding everyone, although she was certain Logan was watching from somewhere close by. She still hadn’t told him about Scott’s proposition, and wasn’t sure that she was going to. He would flip out and cause a scene. Besides, it wasn’t like she was leaving, was it? She hadn’t told Scott yes, but then again, she still hadn’t told him no. Things were improving now. Logan was finally opening up enough to understand that crying over their daughter didn’t make her weak. If anything, it made her more determined to find her. He promised that they would find her soon. He just needed to make sure the mansion was safe first. Something about catching a snake.

She still didn’t know what he was talking about, and he refused to tell her who was involved. She had more important things to think about, so she never pressured him, knowing that he would tell her when he was ready for her to know. She was still going through those papers, trying to figure out anything that might be useful. She refused to give up the one thing she had that just might point her in the right direction. Her daughter was out there, somewhere, and she was determined to use what ever she could.