“She’s not allowed off the grounds, but he’s not having someone follow her around, either,” he spoke into the phone quietly, hoping his roommate was sleeping too deeply to hear anything he was saying. No one could know about the real reason he was there, or else they would kill him. It had been easy to infiltrate the school, no one suspecting that a mutant with such a mundane ability could be any danger to them.

The plan had gone perfectly. Once they knew that the cure would eventually ware off, depending on how big of a dosage received, they figured how long they would have until Rogue would return. They knew that she really had no one else to turn to, and no matter how everyone felt about her decision, she was still one of them, and she needed help.

The scientists were able to calculate to the week when she would return. They chose a boy of about 17 to infiltrate and go in. He would feign difficulties controlling his ability, and wait for her. Once she got there, he would pretend to grasp control by any means possible, and infiltrate the team. Once he gained everyone’s trust, he was to turn off the security system from the inside, allowing Sabertooth to gain access.

He was supposed to wait it out, afterward. He was supposed to lay low and do what the others expected of him. Once Rogue was disposed of, he would be sent for.

Unfortunately, the doctor screwed up her end of the plan, and now he was stuck and they had another job for him to do.

“Alright,” he whispered softly, “I know she gets up early for breakfast, and that she usually meets Logan downstairs. He went on a mission last night to pick up a new student. He will be trying to catch up on sleep in the morning and then will have to do a briefing before going what went wrong. She might not even see him until late afternoon.”

He gave all of his attention to the person on the other end of the phone, listening intently as he was given his new orders.

“Yes, tomorrow morning. Alright. Tell him I will meet him just off the grounds at six, and not to be late.” He hung up the phone and crawled into bed, not noticing how still his roommate was, assuming that Oscar was still asleep.