Logan couldn’t help himself any longer. He swung out his arm, feeling the sting when the back his hand connected with the man’s face. The 17 years old boy whom they had all known as Armand was really a 32 year old shape shifter named Melvin Bornt. His ability wasn’t very effective, though. Unlike that of other known shape shifters, he could only make himself look younger or older, shifting his body mass and size. The only thing Logan could think that this would be useful for would be for buying alcohol before he turned twenty one, and of course, to infiltrate schools.

Logan was finally able to pinpoint what it was about the boy’s smell that got to him. It was the stench of middle age, and not a man who has aged well. Although the man could change his size and age, he was unable to hide his smell, having to try to cover it up by bathing in cologne.

“Who were you after?” Logan asked angrily, smacking him again. “You can either tell me now, or I will make sure you live the rest of your pathetic life in agony.”

“Yeah, right,” Bornt replied with a gleeful laugh. “If you really think that’s going to scare me, you’re dumber than you look.”

“Fine,” Logan flashed his own evil smile, “I gave you a chance to do this the easy way, now you’re going to have to deal with her.” He tilted his head toward the door, raising an eyebrow.

Bornt watched as the door slowly opened. She walked in slowly, wearing next to nothing. Her breasts were pushing against her tight top, and her shorts were riding high up the length of her legs. Her hair was in loose curls that were hanging down her back. Logan could feel his pants tighten just from the sight of her.

“Hey Sug,” she said softly, innocently, as she lead into him, her brown and white hair framing her face. She placed her hand on his crotch, right in front of Bornt. “Is he ready for me, yet?”

“They both are. I’ll see you upstairs when you’re finished?” he’s voice was heavy with lust and she knew that he was getting turned on by the whole situation. She loved the man, but she couldn’t understand some of hid hangups. She was terrified inside. She had never tried anything like this before, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted a man like Melvin Bornt in her head for ever.

She watched his close the door behind her, her smile fading as it did so. She turned to Bornt, her eyes full of anger and a coldness her had never seen before.

“You got to understand something, Mel,” she said slowly, her voice slick and angry. “You hurt some people very close to me. You made it possible for my baby to be taken from me. I will be honest with you. I am going to kill you. But it’s up to you how. I am giving you a choice. Either you tell me what I need to know, or… I take it from you. Which would you rather like? A swift and painless death or to spend the rest of MY life in MY head, always looking out, and being trapped up here with Wolverine and Pyro, never being able to die?”

“Xavier will not stand for this. We both know that. He would never let you kill anyone.” He had her. He knew as well as anyone that the good professor wouldn’t let it happen. It wasn’t what he believed in.

“Actually, he wanted to come in here and comb your brain. I was supposed to be the last resort,” she said with a laugh. “No one actually believed that Logan could get anything from you, so he was sent in just to get you prepared. Xavier wanted to see if he could ravage your mind and find something. If he did, you would have been sent to prison. Unfortunately, he understands just what kind of steak I have in all of this. You see, right now, what ever information you have in your head is the best clue I have to finding my daughter. If you die while I am trying to retrieve it, then who really cares? You hurt us all. If you survive it, then, just maybe we will go easy on you and just had you over to the authorities. It’s up to you.”

“You don’t want me in your head. You wouldn’t do it.”

“Guess again, little man.” Rogue reached out a bare hand, gently turning it on as she pressed it to his forehead. She was bombarded by memories of a little boy who wanted to be bigger, older. Of a kid who was the youngest of eight and left in the dark by parents who were just too tired to help. A child who was forgotten because he was just too small to notice. She saw memories of a young, 15 years old boy, using his fake ID for the first to impress the girl waiting outside, and being surprised when the cashier didn’t even ask to see it. The same boy being shocked when he tried to throw his arm around the girl, and she kicked him and ran off screaming, not realizing that he was her date. Her screams hurt her ears just as they must have hurt his as his enhanced hearing kicked in.

She watched his life flash through her mind so fast that it was almost hard to tell how old he was. Then she saw what she was looking for. She was back in the underground facility, and she was looking at a picture of herself and Allen, having dinner in a bar she recognized to be Michaels, a place the frequented often when they were dating.

They had been watching her for a while. They had known what was going to happen, and they had anticipated it. She could feel her blood boil as she watched the same doctor who had taken her child brief him on his mission.

Even after she absorbed every useful piece of information, she continued to hold on. Part of her mind was telling her to stop. She could feel it yelling and screaming, but it was being drowned out by the other part, the part that contained all of those she had taken previously. They could all feel the pain she had gone through while laying on the operating table as they stole her daughter. They all wanted blood, and his would have to be enough for now. Yet, she knew it couldn’t be this way.

Before she could completely absorb him, she pushed back, giving him back his life before she could take it all. She had never done it before, and, if it wasn’t for the fact that she was so angry and bloodthirsty, she would have tried to give back his memories, also.

Instead, once she knew he was conscious, she turned her mutation off and forced him to look into her eyes. As he watched, she rapped her hands around his neck and pulled with everything she had. Watching his head fly back with a large snap, she felt his neck separate from his body. She couldn’t do anything else but stand there, allowing the blood to drip from her hand and to the floor.

She didn’t notice when the door opened or when she felt the large arms and hands encircle her, drawing her close to the muscled chest. She felt hot tears build up, but she couldn’t even will her self to wipe them away. She needed to get her child back. She was becoming a monster, one that no one should ever forgive. In the second between the time the head fell from her hand and hit the ground, she made her decision.

“I’m leaving, Logan.” Her whisper was so slow, that any normal man wouldn’t have been able to hear it. She knew he had, though. She could feel his body stiffen behind her as his hold tightened. He wasn’t going to make this easy for her. “I have to go, Logan. I can’t live like this any longer. I have to find her, even if it takes the rest of eternity.”

“I’ll go with you,” he whispered back. “We’ll pack tonight and leave in the morning.”

“You told me once that they need you here. Now I’m telling you the same thing. Stay. I might come back one day, when I find her.”

“You can’t go alone and now that Scott’s back…”

“He’s going with me.” She felt more than heard the rumble coming from his chest. “He asked me if I wanted to tag along the last time you were off looking for our daughter… with out me. Logan, I love you, but you can’t come. You left me behind, and you let me go on my own, and I have forgiven you for that. But this time, I won’t give you the choice.”

She walked away then, before he could say anything more. She didn’t want to give him the chance to change her mind. If her heart broke any more, she would die.

“I love you, Logan.”