Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue's being held hostage, but she's not alone.
She knew where she was even before opening her eyes: In deep shit. The floor below her was cold and hard, the texture of cement pressed against her face. She could smell the stale dampness in the air, and she had a feeling that she just may die in here.

The effects of the drug Sabertooth had forced into her made her head dizzy and ache. Her eyes felt like they were going to explode.

“Psst. Rogue.” The sharp whisper forced her to open her eyes, the weak light making her eyes sting. She found herself staring at bars. “It will pass. Just look at me so I know your alive.”

She knew that voice well. He had whispered sweet nothings into her ear late at night when her boyfriend was too afraid.

“Pyro?” She whispered, sitting up slowly, finding him in the cage next to her. That was what they were in. There was no back wall, just cages for as far as she could see. She couldn’t understand why he was here, though. Why would Magneto have him kidnapped? Weren’t they already on the same team? “What are you doing here?”

“Same as you. I let my guard down, and Sabertooth was on me.” He looked away from her, staring out at the cage on his otherside.

“What are they going to with us?” She asked softly, remembering the nightmares she had gained from Logan. She didn’t understand why the humans would want to keep them alive after what happened at Alcatraz.

“Use us, than kill us,” he whispered back, still not looking at her. She could hear the pain in his voice, and wondered how long he hand been here, and what he had already seen.

“Who are they?” She whispered slowly. She could feel his pain, and knew he was already being used. “Humans?”

He turned his head towards her, struggling to make eye contact, his dark eyes full of guilt and shame. “Mutants.”

He jaw dropped. Mutants? How could that be possible? No one had ever heard of other mutants doing anything like this, not even Sinister. He didn’t make his victims wait like this. Usually, they were enticed, and he never used well known mutants. To many people would notice.

“Why? Who are they?”

“Followers of Magneto who woke up one day, and realized they weren’t strong enough to benefit from the mutant resistance.” That was why he looked so guilty. “There wasn’t going to be any power for them. There wasn’t going to be anyone to help them incase of retaliation. They wouldn’t have been able to defend themselves alone.”

“So, once they knew Erick was out of the picture, they decided to put their own revolution together. They decided the best plan of action was to higher an extremely strong mutant, and use him to kidnap other mutants with strong physical mutations they can breed together. This way, if the offspring has even one of their parents’ abilities, they will have succeeded in beginning to form their own army. They kill the mother once they know the child is a powerful mutant.”

“And the father?”

“He’s just a donor. He donates three sets of specimen and then he dies. They won’t need him anymore.”

“How many more donations do you get to give?” She asked softly, not really wanting to know the answer.

“Two.” The look on his face was one of disgust and amusement. “You always said that it would kill me one day.”

“How, though?” She asked softly. She honestly couldn’t figure out how they could force him to give it up.

“I really don’t want to explain, and you really don’t want to know,” he flashed her one of infamous devil smiles, but she could still see the pain behind it. He sighed loudly before standing and started to pace around the room.

It reminded her of all those years ago, late at night, when they would be hanging out in her room, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. He would walk circles in her floor, as she lay on her bed, watching. They would babble on and on, until the sexual tension became too strong, and they would fall into a mess of legs and arm, fire and poison, onto her bed. She would always be as cautious as she could, and try her damnedest not to hurt him. He wouldn’t care, and take every risk he could, enjoying it more.

But everything must come to an end. The good, the bad, and the inbetween. Their relationship came to an end the day Logan returned. It was almost as if John knew she belonged to The Wolverine. Nothing would come between them, and so he stepped aside, and they never spoke of it again.

“Did you and Meathead ever get together?” He asked softly, changing the subject. He already knew the answer. He understood that it was destined.

“Yes,” she replied, this time being the one to tare her gaze away. She let the name slide, knowing that he didn’t mean it. He had always had respect for Logan. She had realized that the time she had touched him. “The same day I was brought here, we finally found each other.”

“I’m happy for you.” He smiled at her, and she knew that he truly was. He sat back on the floor, and she suddenly felt comfortable with him again. It was like finding an old friend, not someone who had betrayed them all.

“John,” she spoke his name softly, remembering the last thing Sabertooth had said to her before she blacked out. “I think I am already pregnant.”