Logan tracked the scent on foot for six hours before losing it in an open clearing deep in the woods. His scent had merged with jet fuel and sulfur before completely being overpowered by it. Where ever Sabertooth was, he was long gone. Logan would have to go back and regroup. He howled in frustration, allowing his claws to rip through his flesh. He had wasted six hours on his search, now he would waste six hours on his return home.

Upon his arrival, he was greeted by two familiar scents. Ones he had missed for a long time now.

As soon as he entered the mansion, Logan maneuvered past excited children, ignoring the hellos and smiles as he charged into Xavier’s office. The old man was sitting behind his desk, reading something off his computer screen when Logan stormed in, slamming his hands down on the giant, mahogany desk.

“Get your ass into Cerybro and find her, now,” he growled, his eyes boring into the older man’s. He hadn’t noticed the others sitting in chairs and on the over stuffed leather couch, waiting for commands.

“Hello, Logan. It’s good to see you haven’t changed,” Xavier said, not smiling. His eyes never flinched away. “I have already tried locating her, but something is blocking her mutant brain waves. The last known whereabouts are just outside the city. Scott and Ororo had little success.”

Logan’s shoulders slumped at the news. How could he have lost her already? How could he have left her alone? She should have been with him, in his arms.

“We do have something, though. Xavier whispered, drawing the feral man’s attention back. “A young woman who was there. She saw the whole thing.”

“Is she here?”

“Downstairs, in the medlab. It seems Sabertooth nearly took her arm off trying to get her, also. It’s as if he is collecting mutants.

“What’s her ability?”

“Super speed. It’s the only thing that saved her life.”

Logan made his way to the medlab, not noticing the students and faculty scurring out of his way. All he knew was that he needed to talk to this woman, and find out where the hell his mate was.

He found her lying on a bed, watching hank run around the lab, trying to look busy. “I need to talk to the patient, Hank,” he growled, forcing both patient and doctor to jump. Hank only smiled, before quickly leaving.

The woman looked to be no older than 17. She could have been a student at the school, but he knew better. He had committed each student’s scent to memory long ago, and she was unfamiliar. She had bright, curly red hair that reach to her shoulders, and large brown eyes. A scar that ran from her mouth to her ear let him know that she hadn’t always been fast enough. He would have to think of another way to handle this. He had a feeling that the scar tactic wouldn’t produce the best effect this time.

“What’s your name, kid?” He asked, sitting on a chair next to her bed. She was so young, but her eyes told him of a longer life.

“Lonny,” she replied slowly, sitting up to talk to him. She was still afraid of him, but he could also smell her curiosity. “Did you know her?”

“Yeah, I know her.” He replied softly. He was almost fascinated by her hair. The vibrancy of it was throwing him off a little. “She’s my girl. I want to make her my wife, one day.”

“Is she a mutant?”

“Yes. A dangerous one.” He replied with a soft chuckle.

“She didn’t seem all that dangerous to me, being all unconscious and everything.” She noticed the anger rising up in his eyes, and quickly backed off.

He sighed. What could he ask for? She didn’t know Marie. She had never met her before. “Her skin’s poison. For a long time, she couldn’t even control it. She can kill a man with a touch. But she’s strong, too. Very strong.”

“Why didn’t she get the cure?” Lonny asked slowly, not sure if it was a good idea to be so curious. “I mean, didn’t she want to touch? You said she couldn’t control it.”

“She did get the cure. Five years ago, when it was first introduced. She was one of the first, and she went through a lot, and disappointed a lot of people.”

“Did she disappoint you?” He knew that if he answered wrong, he would never get the little information she knew.

“Never. Nothing she ever did disappointed me. I was proud of her for it. It was the first time she went against everyone’s wishes and thought about herself.”

“They went west. There was only one jet, but I saw more than one mutant on board while Sabertooth was putting her in. Some were tied up, others weren’t. They were talking, but when I tried to get close enough to find her, Sabertooth came out. It was as if he knew I was there.”

Logan couldn’t believe that she would wait until she was sure how he felt about Marie before telling him anything. “He did. He has a very keen sense of smell. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“What happened to your face?”

“My step father. When I was thirteen. He got pissed off and decided that I would make a great punching bag. My mutation manifested while he was holding a knife in my mouth. When I tried to get away, I found myself running fast, and blood pouring from my mouth. My mother took me to the hospital and made up some stupid story about how it happened.” She had tears in her eyes, remember the events that happened only a few years ago. “I left as soon as the stitches healed. I’ve been on my own since then.”

“Are you going to stay here?” He asked quietly, feeling her pain.

“I don’t know. It’s kind of ritzy,” she said, looking around. “I don’t know if I would fit in.”

“Just promise that you will stay until after I bring Rogue home. I’m sure she will like to talk to you. Plus, I would like to talk to you, too. I just gotta…”

“Find your girl. I know. I’ll stay.” She smiled at him, and he knew she wasn’t going anywhere yet. As soon as he got Marie back, he would take a trip to Lonny’s home town to have a talk with her step father.