Tears were still slid down her cheeks as she thought about the little girl she never got to see. Would she have her daddy’s eyes? Would she look like her momma? What about her personality? Would she know how to growl? What about her mutations? Would she have her mother’s or her father’s?

Rogue thought about all the things she would miss. She imagined her daughter’s first word would have been Dada. The first smile, the first laugh. The first step. School and dances. Watching Logan give her away at her wedding. But she wouldn’t even be able to hold her baby.

She had always wanted children, even at a young age. She wanted a big family with sit down dinners and lots of happy holidays. She dreamed about six or seven children running around, and birthday parties. She had thought that all those dreams were over when her mutation had manifested. The cure had given that back to her, only for it to all ware off. And now, even though she could touch again, that dream was ripped away by others.

She wasn’t sure what was worse, the fact that she was going to die, or that her baby had been stolen. A daughter whose father had no idea existed. A child that was taken too soon and may not survive.

A howl ripped through the air that was filled with so much pain that it would have made her shudder had it not been for the epidural making her body numb. She knew that howl. He had found her. He was coming for her. She didn’t know if she could last long enough for him to find her. She could already see the edges around her vision begin to blacken.

She tried to push herself, trying to scream or anything to alert her lover of her location. She found that her strength was disappearing fast, and she knew that if he didn’t find her quickly, she wouldn’t make it. All she could do was let out a small whimper before the darkness over took her.