Laughlin City, Canada
Rogue’s POV


Christ. This is it? Someone had the brass balls to declare this a city? Well, that is just my luck, isn’t it? I wonder if I’ll ever catch a decent brake, I’ve been on the road for nearly a year now and I’m, exhausted. I just want to get to Alaska already, so I can find myself a place to settle down and appear normal…you know, a place where no one has even a slightly clue that I have several different voices bouncing around inside my head and toxic skin that can easily kill with a touch, should I decide to flip the switch and turn it on, which is one thing I really never want to do again. I’d like to keep what space is left in my brain reserved for just me, thank you very much; David and Eric and Carol and the three or four guys I had to touch before I absorbed Carol’s super strength and great healing ability don’t need anymore company.

Muttering a thanks to Jack, the driver than had given me a ride to this lovely ‘city’, I slid to the ground with my duffle bag in hand, wondering if I should have maybe tried a bit harder to ride it out at Chuck’s. The mansion sure was nice and warm and safe and the fact is, I actually liked the professor and Scott wasn’t all bad, once you got past his cool leader façade and Ro was nice to me, she made me fell like I could turn to her to talk and all, but after the whole Carol nightmare, Dr. Jean Gray decided to make my life a living hell.

Course, Jean never liked me, not from the moment Scott first found me in Alabama, not long after I ran like hell from Mississippi. She didn’t like that Scott was nice to me, that his friendship helped me through the entire nightmare I suffered when Magneto got a hold of me and tried to use me in his mutant making machine. She thought I was after her man, or something, she even cornered me one day and told me how I was just a pitiful girl, I could never compete with her…she said a lot of nasty things that prompted me to do my best to avoid her, but once Carol attacked me in a deranged state and I had no choice but to completely drain her, Jean began telling everyone that I was a danger, that I had liked killing and I could have knocked Carol out, but I didn’t cause I wanted to steal her powers.

The professor tried to help, he did help me get Carol under control in my head, like he had with Eric, but Jean just proved more than I had the strength mentally to handle so I decided to run.

That was a year ago.

First I traveled south, just to throw Scott off, in cause he tried to find me, but once I got to Georgia, I went west for a while, working odd jobs, then back east for more of the same and finally, I decided to become Alaska bound. I had always wanted to get there so it seemed like a plan.

But here I am, in Laughlin City, slowly walking into a bar that is…well, it’s a shit hole if there has even been one, but at least it is warm, even if it does smell like smoke and beer and sweat.

And holy hell, what is that?

Smack dab in the middle of the room is a metal cage with a bunch of people around it, yelling like loons, but it’s what’s in that cage that I can’t take my eyes off of. Sweet God he is hot…I mean, I had thought Scott was a good looking guy, but this man…this man is raw sexual appeal on legs, standing there in nothing but tight jeans that encase an ass I girl just wants to grab.

And that chest and stomach.

Rock hard, dusted with hair I can just imagine curling my fingers through…

Okay, I have read way to many of those romance novels that I swiped from Kitty, cause I am having some seriously carnal ideas forming in my mind right now as Mr. Hot As Hell scans the crowd…and shit, his eyes settled on me for a second there and all I can do is stare, feeling pinned to the floor.

And then some fool jumps up and says he’s willing to fight Mr. Hot As Hell and that is a dumb thing, cause he flattens that guy in like ten seconds flat and the crowd goes all nuts and needing a breather, I head to the bar.

Putting Sexy Man from my mind, I mental calculate that I have ten dollars to my name and I need to save that for food so I order a water, which clearly does not endear me to the grumpy ass bartender.

Course, I don’t give a shit about that, cause as I’m sipping my lukewarm water, the guy from the cage comes over and sits down, casting a look at me before ordering himself a beer.

Watching him wrap his lips over that bottle, I can’t help but think I have better ideas, about just what he can do with those lips…I can think of a few places where he can put those lips…

Snap out of it Rogue.

I turn my attention back to my water when I realize I am staring, recalling what my mom always told me about staring being rude.

Glancing up at the television, I see they are talking about the congress meetings that went on earlier in the day, and wouldn’t you just know it, there is good old Jean talking about mutants deserving rights.

Didn’t keep that in mind for me, did you bitch?

Sighing, I look from the television, feeling tense all over again as the bartender makes a comment to the waitress, something along the lines of the only good mutant being a dead one.

Ha Ha Ha.

I steal another glance at Sexy Man and I notice that he tensed a little…I wonder…but then I figure what are the odds of that this man I want to jump is a mutant? I don’t have that kind of luck.

Shaking the thought aside, I curse myself for being silly, cause what are the odds that this guy would even want to touch a skinny, smelly, nearly broke runaway with voice that aren’t her own sounding off in her head.

Logan’s POV

Shit. Shit. Shit. And I just mean shit. What in the fuck is this kid doing here? She can’t be more than nineteen, if that old…sure as well don’t belong in a place like this, sitting at the bar, looking like a vision from heaven and smelling more and more aroused with each second that passes. Shit. She smells so good…so innocent…I don’t think I’ve had a chance to smell anything like that before and it makes me curious about her, cause she is a pretty thing with all that ivory skin and those big brown eyes.

And those lips.

Shit, those lips could kill a man…I can’t help but wonder what those lips would feel like, wrapped around my cock…

Stop. Stop. Stop. This is a kid. Nineteen or not, she’s a kid. And you are The Wolverine…a half man half beast that ain’t fit for proper company, according to the One Eyed Ass, at that fancy school where I just came from.

Course, he said that cause he caught me nailing his wife, but it wasn’t like she wasn’t all for it and besides, she came on to me, so I just took what she offered cause I hadn’t had a woman in a while. And I kind of like redheads, always hove, thought I got to say, I am feeling pretty attracted to a certain brown haired girl with odd white streaks that perfectly frame that face…

Great, she caught me looking, but she kind of gave me a smile before she looked away so I guess it’s okay.

Christ, I need to get laid, get back on the road…maybe I can find a place to settle in for the winter. I could use a chance to clear my head a little, maybe think about a few of the things old Chuck helped me find out about myself, before I woke up in the snow with claws.

And what the fuck is with this bartender? Could have lived without his mutant remark, I have heard enough of that shit to last a lifetime…I could have lived without seeing Jean on the television there and…hell, I do believe brown eyes over there might have a mutant issue or two, judging by the way she winced at what the asshole bartender just said and how she cringed when she saw Jeannie.

Wonder what this kid’s story is. Where she from? How she get here?

Does she like having her nipples sucked on during sex?

Shit. Keeps coming back to sex. I want to have sex with this one. I want her all spread out before me, her legs open…I want to see that ivory skin flushed and covered with sweat and I want to hear her screaming my name as I thrust inside her again and again until she comes so fast and so hard her nails rip into my back.

I want her on her knees in front of me, her lips around me, my hands in her hair…

I want her beat over so I can take her from behind…

I want her marked as mine.

Mine.

That thought brought me to a halt and I glanced at her again, the man in me coming to realize what the beast had known the second he smelled her.

The second he saw her.

This was the girl.

This was the woman.

The Wolverine had just found his mate.

Oh, shit. Shit. Shit, this is big. The kind of big I don’t need.

Course The Wolverine is screaming that what I think I need is too fucking bad cause he has what he needs in his sights and he’s gonna have her, so I had might as well get on board and come along for the ride.

Rogue’s POV

Okay, now he is the one staring and I kind of like it, cause you know, he is hot as hell, but it kind of freaks me out a little too cause his eyes are intense like I have never seen intense before.

Course those intense eyes are also beautiful, a kind of golden hazel flaked with hints of green and fringed with dark lashes…and his hair is wild and all over the place and all I want is to slid my fingers in it. I want to press myself close to him…I want him pressed to me…I want his bare chest to my bare chest while I wrap my legs around his waist so I can feel him all the way inside of me.

Shit.

You know, I must be getting some help with visual images from Carol, cause I have not ever actually had sex before, which I am sure is something that Mr. Sexy would not find appealing cause he seems like he would know a lot about sex and I am guessing he would want his women a little educated on the subject.

And I don’t mean second hand knowledge, Carol.

Though, I have to say, Carol has a lot of knowledge and at the moment, I am kind of glad she does, cause at least I can use her memories to come up with some interesting daydreams about Mr. Sexy, to keep me entertained through the many long nights I am gonna be spending all alone.

With the voices in my head.

Almost laughing at myself, I start to glance at Mr. Sexy one more time, but before I can, the door to my left flies open with a thud, thanks to the wind that is now raging fairly wildly and shit…I don’t need this.

Jean and Scott.

Logan’s POV

You have got to be kidding me. Red and Boy Scout? Here? You know, I could really live without another encounter with these two, especially with Scott looking all pissed off and Jean getting that superior light in her eyes as she looks…

Wait a second.

Jean is staring at the girl, whose slowly standing and reaching for her duffel bag and now it ain’t desire I smell coming from her, but fear mingled with some anger.

“Why are you here?”

Wow. She has a hell of a voice. Soft and sweet with what sounds like a southern accent. I really want to find out what that voice sounds like screaming my name.

Course, looks like that might have to wait.

“Rogue, we’ve come to find you.” That’s Boy Scout, looking away from me to the girl.

“I don’t want to be found, I just want to be left alone.”

“Rogue, stop acting like a child.” Wow. Jean sure sounds pissed. You know, she really is kind of a bitch. She ain’t got much other than her looks going for her, something I might have noticed if I hadn’t wanted to just fuck her for the hell of it.

“Fuck you, Jean. You’re the reason I left and you know it.”

Well, looks like The Wolverine has chosen well, cause this little girl has got some fire in her blood and she’s looking at Jean like she ain’t in the mood to take any shit and I can not say I blame her.

“Maybe if you hadn’t killed Carol…”

“I defended myself. She tried to kill me. You just used that as an excuse to be a bitch, cause you have hated me all along.”

“And why would I hate sweet and perfect Rogue?”

Shit, Jean can make one hell of an ugly face.

“Enough.” Great. Boy Wonder speaks again. “Rogue, we came to find you because we have reason to believe you are in danger again.”

“Magneto has escaped.” Jean snapped.

“So what? He can’t use me. I can control my skin now, I can kick his ass and I can heal from anything he dishes out.”

Skin? Heal? Kick Ass?

Has to be at mutant.

“Well, isn’t that wonderful you.” Again, Jean getting all nasty.

“Jean…”

“I am sorry, Scott, but you know how I feel about her. She is just white trash…”

“I would shut the fuck up if I were you Jeannie.” I snapped that out even before I had a chance to think about it, but the girl, Rogue they called her, don’t look too upset about it as I move over to stand next beside her, which draws Boy Scout’s attention.

“This does not involve you, Wolverine.”

“Fuck you, Scooter, this does involve me, cause Rogue here is with me.”

“Is that true, Rogue?” Jeannie looks like she just swallowed a bug.

“Yes.” No hesitation, no fear, she is all cool and calm as I put an arm around
her waist.

“Rogue, I do not know how you hooked up with this man, but I can tell you that he is nothing but trouble.”

“And how would you know, Jean?”

Look at Jean turn all red. “Wolverine was at the school about five months ago.”

“Lucky him. Did you run him off too?”

“No. She let me nail her then she got all pissed off.”

Rogue looked up at me, eyes kind of wide, before she laughs and looks back at Jean as if she is really enjoying hearing that.

“All those times you gave me shit cause Scott and I were friends and you are the one that steps out, Jean? You really are a bitch.”

“Rogue, that is beside the point.”

“No, Scott, it is not beside the point, cause Jean was horrible to me and I am
not gonna go back with you so just deal with that and leave me alone.”

“Rogue…”

“You heard her, Boy Scout. She’s not going anywhere except with me.”

“Exactly.”

Well, didn’t she agree to that easily. Guess I’ll count it as I blessing as I
reach for her bag and toss it over my shoulder.

“Ready to hit the road, darling?” I look down at her with a wink and she smiles.

“Ready, sugar.”

Sugar. I like that.

Shit, I am done for.

Course I put a bad ass look on my face as we walk towards the door, right past Jean and Scott and I clearly hear the nasty name Jean calls Rogue, but my girl seems kind of content to ignore it, so I won’t make a fuss. Got more important things on my mind as I lead her to my truck and unlock the door for her, so I can toss her bad into the back of the camper as she looks up at me and I finally grins.

“So, what kind of name is Rogue?”

“I don’t know. What kind of name is Wolverine?”

Ain’t she sassy. I think I might be developing a fondness for southern bells.

“I’m Logan.” Don’t usually tell anyone that, but since me and The Wolverine agree that this girl ain’t just anyone, I think it’s okay.

“Marie.”

Marie. Marie is close to mine.

“Good to meet you, Marie.”

“Same here, Logan. Thanks for the help.”

“Anytime, darling.”

She smiles at the before climbing into the truck so I can close the door, smiling to myself as I do, cause I got a good feeling that me and Marie are just getting started getting to know one another and I am looking forward to find out more.

Course, I already know the one thing that matters.

Marie is mine. Even if she don’t know it yet, she soon will.

The Wolverine can be pretty damn determined when he gets his sights firmly set on something he wants and right now, he and I can agree that we want this girl planted at our side and warming our bed for a longtime to come.

Logan’s POV

Shit, the girl must be half staved, judging by the way she’s inhaling that beef jerky. Wish I had something more to give her, something with more substances. Got to stop soon, in the next town and get her some real food. Can’t have my girl starving on me now that I found her…course, she’s already explained to me that she heals, that she got that ‘gift’ from another mutant she had to absorb.

I could tell talking about that was kind of hard for her, she hasn’t had it all that easy, with her parent’s tossing her out after the first boy she kissed went into a coma, and then she was on the road for a while, before Scooter found her and made her believe she could find a safe haven at Chuck’s.

Yeah. That worked out well. Kid got kidnapped, nearly killed, then had to absorb some chick named Carol that tried to take her over and Jean treated like she was shit she had scrapped off the bottom of her shoe.

Wish now that I had never nailed her.

Course, I explained to Marie how that came about, how I ended up at Chuck’s when he said he could help dig into my past.

Had to tell her then how I woke up naked in the snow about fifteen years ago with no idea what my name really is or how I got my claws. How I have nightmares that can just about drive me crazy cause they are so vivid and real…she took it all well, seemed like she understood and even felt bad about all I had suffered, which don’t surprise me that much cause she seems like she has a big heart.

She’s a good girl.

Christ. Me and The Wolverine got good taste.

Only problem is she deserves better.

“So it doesn’t freak you out?”

The question came from left field, she hadn’t said much while eating, so I’m a little on the confused side as I glance from the road to her and back again.

“Does what freak me out?”

“The me having other people in my head.”

“Why would that freak me out?”

She lifted a shoulder. “Jean says it makes me seem crazy.”

“Well, Jean seems to have a lot of weird ideas about some shit so if I were you, I would just ignore most of what she might have said to you.”

“So you don’t like her much, then?”

“Not really.”

“But you…” She trails off and I am willing to beat she’s blushing.

“That don’t always have anything to do with liking, darling.”

“Oh.”

That was a quite little oh. Kind of serious. She’s thinking, I can tell.

“For what it’s worth, I wish I hadn’t ever laid a hand on Jean.”

“You don’t have to say that. I mean, she is beautiful.”

“At first glance, she is, but when you get to know her, you can see she is kind of ugly on the inside so that makes what’s on the outside seem less important.”

Course, Marie is different…Marie is beautiful on the outside and the inside and that is enough to make her damn close to perfect.

“Did you like it, at the mansion?”

“It was okay. Too many people for me.”

“Yeah. The professor was nice and so was Storm. Scott’s okay.”

Yeah, darling, Scott was okay, but I bet, giving half a chance, he’d been all
over you in a heart beat…but I ain’t gonna tell her that cause I don’t want her thinking about some other man wanting her when I’ve already made up my mind to make her mine.

“Where are we headed, by the way.” She doesn’t seem worried, she seems to trust me to take care of things.

“Don’t know. I was thinking of finding a place to settle for the winter.”

“I was trying for Alaska.”

“Why Alaska?”

“I don’t know. Just always thought it would be neat to go there. It was my plan when I first left home, before Scott found me and took me to the mansion.”

“Well, we could head that way, if you want. Maybe stop along the way, just see what we can find.” I toss the suggestion out real casual like and I am relieved when she looks at me and smiles.

“You saying you want me to stick around a while?”

“Yeah.” Only fuck the a while and replace it with forever.

“Are you sure? I mean…some people find it uncomfortable around me.”

“Some people are uncomfortable around me.”

“Why?”

Why? Damn. She is serious. Doesn’t know why. God, she is too much.

“I got kind of a fucked up life, with next to no memories and claws and I make a living fighting me in cages…” It’s my turn to shrug. “People mostly tend to be afraid of me, so I avoid them and they avoid me.”

Rogue’s POV

“I don’t want to avoid you, Logan.” I say it before I even realize I’ve had the thought, but I feel okay with the admission when he glances at me with that grin that turns my insides to butter each time he flashes it.

“Really? You okay being around me?”

“Yeah.”

I would like to be around you a lot.

Come to think of it, I would like to be all over you…under you…pretty much in any kind of position that has your body touching mine.

Wow. I am like two seconds from begging this guy to pull over and fuck me.

“Can I ask you something, Marie.”

“Sure.” Yes. Conversation. Something to get my mind from the gutter.

“Listen, I’m kind of a blunt guy, I just tend to say things for what they are, so you need to know I ain’t that great with fancy words and all.”

“I don’t have a problem with that. Sounds like your honest. I like that.”

“Good, cause I got to be honest with you now.” Another glance from the road to me and back again. “I’ve kind of wanted to…look, I have wanted you from the second you walked into the bar, and I am pretty sure it’s a mutual feeling, but if I am wrong, you just tell me and I’ll shut the hell up now and swear that I will never mention the subject ever again, darling.”

Wow. I wouldn’t have thought it. He sounds nervous.

That is so cute.

He wants me.

That is so good.

“You’re not way off base, Logan.” I feel like I am gonna die, saying the words, but really want him to know. “I’ve wanted you since I saw you…” I just know my face is flaming, I can feel the blush going all the way to my toes and I am certain I am just gonna burst into flames right here and now.

“You mean that, darling?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I mean it. I can’t explain it. Stuff like this doesn’t happen to me.”

“Me either.”

“Logan…”

“I mean it, Marie.” He sounds serious. “I’ve wanted women in the past, I’ll admit that but I saw you back there and I…well, I just knew that me and you are connected somehow, and I knew I couldn’t leave that bar without you with me.”

Logan’s POV

Just lay it out there Logan…just tell her…shit, I really am no good with the words, but I think she understands, cause she’s giving me that shy but sexy little smile as she reaches for my hand.

“Sometimes, I think things happen for a reason.” She’s all soft spoken and quite, but she is serious about what she’s saying. “I think I ended up in Laughlin City for a reason and I think maybe that reason was I was suppose to meet you.”

“I think I agree with that.”

I look from the road to her…Christ I could fall into those eyes and never find my way out and be one happy man.

“Do you want to pull over…” She’s blushing again and I got to say that is about the most sexy thing I have ever seen and the fact that she is suggesting pulling over right now has me so hard I think I might die.

Course, I can’t do that. I can’t. I can’t. I can’t.

“Darling, I won’t lie, I’d love to pull over right now and get back in the camper, but I’m not gonna do that cause I want our first time to be better than just a quickie parked on the side of the road.”

“Logan…”

“I mean it. I want a room. A nice room with a big bed where I can lay you out and lick you all over…I want to be able to see every inch of you and I want you comfortable and ready, so even if it kills me, I am gonna wait until I get is someplace decent and then I am gonna make love to you until neither of us can move.”

And since we both got the handy little healing factor, it will take a lot of love making to get us to the too exhausted to move point.

Sometimes, life can be good.

Rogue’s POV.

Wow. I mean, just wow. Wow. What he just said…kind of having a hard time breathing, replaying all that in my mind and I got Carol in there telling me I am one lucky girl and for once I got to say she and I are on the same page.

Course, I am gonna shove old Carol back into her little box in the back of my mind, cause Logan here is all mine and I don’t intend to allow Carol to enjoy what I am sure I will be enjoying as soon as we find a motel.

However, there is one matter I need to clear up first.

“Logan, you might should know that I…I’ve never actually had sex…”

“You’re a virgin?”

I nod while I pray to any god that might be listening that me being a virgin won’t make up change his mind.

“How is that possible?” He sounds seriously amazed.

“Well, for a while, I had the killer skin, but after I learned to control it, I just never found anyone I had any desire to be with.”

“Until me?”

“Until you.”

Logan’s POV

Okay, I am glad we were sitting down in the truck when she announced the whole she is a virgin thing, cause if we had been standing or something, I might have done some sort of little dance or something and that would have been unmanly.

But could you blame me?

She is a virgin.

I will be her first and I will be her last and I got to say, The Wolverine wants to howl or some shit cause finding a virgin mate is like finding gold in a sawdust pile.

Okay, that is a shitty metaphor, but what do you expect, I’m a cage fighter not a poet, so if you want rosy shit go find Scooter.

“Is that…is it a problem, that I’m not experienced?”

I can tell by the way she asked that she is seriously worried, and I got to do away with that fear quick like.

“Course it ain’t a problem. I kind of like it. I like that I’ll be the first.” And the last.

“Really?”

“Really, darling. You got nothing to worry about. We’ll take it nice and slow and learn along the way just what you like.”

Oh, that is gonna be so much fun, finding out if she has sensitive nipples … does she like to have her neck nipped at…will she scream or moan when I suck on her clit…shit I got to stop this train of thought before I come all over myself like some nervous teenage boy with a girl in the backseat of Daddy’s car for the first time.

Marie is gonna be the death of me. Can see it now.

Don’t really care though.

“What about the whole Magneto thing? Are you worried that Scott and Jean were right when they said he may come after me, cause he’s kind of a dangerous guy, even for you.”

“Even for me?”

“Well, he controls metal…”

And I got the shit all over me.

“Don’t give it any thought. We’ll deal with it if he comes along.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt, Logan.”

She whispered that so softly and her eyes got all wide when I glanced at her…it seems she is really worried for me, which is just odd, cause I can’t recall the last time anyone cared if I lived or died.

“Hey, I’m gonna be fine, Marie. And so are you. I won’t let this freak get to you.”

“I’m not worried about me. I can kick his ass.”

Okay, I know she has the healing and the strength, but I still laugh a little, cause she is such a tiny thing.

“Hey, I can prove it. I’m pretty damn strong.”

“I don’t doubt it, darling.”

“Good. Cause I am serious. I am worried…”

“No worries.” I glance over at her. “I’ll make you a deal.”

“What kind of deal?”

“We can watch out for each other. If this Magneto comes along, we fight him
together, as a team. You and me. I got your back and you got mine.”

“Logan…”

“I mean it, Marie. It’s you and me.”

Her eyes get serious again at that, but she smiles a little.

“You promise?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I promise.”

Rogue’s POV

This guy is too much. He is…perfect. I mean, he is perfect in a gruff sort of hard way that a lot of people would find scary as hell, but to me he is just…he’s so good and kind and he makes he feel safe yet kind of wild all at once and I love it.

“Thanks, Logan.”

“For what?”

“For helping me out back there and brining me along.”

“You ain’t got to thank me for that, darling. I want you here.”

I can tell he means that and it makes me smile just before a yawn and he frowns a little, looking kind of worried.

“When was the last time you slept?”

“I don’t know. I think I got an hour or two when I was riding with Jack.”

“Shit, you must be exhausted.”

“I heal…”

“Yeah, well so do I, but I know I need sleep from time to time and so do you, so just stretch out in the seat there and lay your had on my lap.”

Oh, I want my head near his lap, but not for sleeping purposes.

“Logan…”

“No arguments. I want you all rested up when we find a motel.”

Well, in that case, who am I to argue.

With a sigh, I do as he said, stretching out so I can lay my head on his lap, with me curled on my side and as soon as I lay down, he puts a hand in my hair and gently starts to shift his fingers through it.

Christ, that feels so good.

“Logan…” I already sound sleepy.

“No talking. Just close your eyes and rest, darling. I ain’t going no where.”

I smile at little at that, at his assurance that he ain’t going no where, and I’m glad to hear it, cause I’ve kind of made up my mind that anywhere he goes, I
want to go there to cause being with him is the first really right thing that has ever happened in my life and I ain’t about to lose that or him.

Logan’s POV

Took three hours to find a town and she slept the entire way, her head resting on my lap, making it kind of hard for me to concentrate on the road when all I wanted to do was look at her.

You know, I’ve never had that kind of reaction before, never just wanted to be quite, and watch a woman sleep, but Marie…damn she is just so pretty, so relaxed looking, so perfect I just really wanted to drink her in as much as I can. I’m almost afraid she’s just a dream and any minute, I’m gonna wake up alone…man, I never thought I would find anyone like her in the world I live in, but I am damn glad I did, especially now that we are in a motel room.

Course, she wanted to shower first, which I don’t blame her. She said it’s been a while, since she had a chance to get clean so I told her to go ahead and take her time, cause we got all night.

First thing I did though when we got to town was feed her. Shit, that beef jerky didn’t do much, cause she ate a stake, fries, bread, a chocolate milk shake, two cokes, and a piece of cherry pie.

Had no idea someone so small could pack away so much food.

But that’s cool, cause she is gonna need her strength if I got anything to say about it.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, that’s gonna be ‘our’ bed really soon, I look around the room, deciding that it’s okay. Not great. Kind of common, sort of
plain, but clean, and the bed feels like it’s gonna be comfortable…

And holy hell she just walked out of the bathroom in nothing but a cotton t-shirt that goes to her knees and her hair is damp, hanging past her shoulders…shit, she is beyond perfect and I can’t seem to breathe.

“Marie…”

“Sorry about the shirt. I don’t really have anything more attractive.”

“Baby, I’m not worried about that.”

Telling myself to try and keep somewhat calm, I stand and move towards her slowly while she watches me with those big and beautiful eyes.

“I’m a little nervous.”

“That’s okay. But you don’t have to be. I ain’t gonna hurt you, Marie.”

“I know. I just…” She looks at the floor and blushes.

“What? Come on. Tell me.”

“I don’t want to disappoint you.”

Christ. She means that. She’s worried about disappointing me when that is not possible, cause as far as I can tell, this girl is perfect.

“Marie, you can’t disappoint me, darling.”

At that, she looks up at me slowly, her eyes wide.

“You are perfect, baby.”

“Logan…”

Holding at my hand to her, I give her a smile. “Trust me, baby.”

Rogue’s POV

I don’t even have to think about it, I reach for his hand, cause I trust him, more than I’ve ever trusted anyone in my life. I have faith in this man…in all
he says…I know he will not hurt me, he doesn’t have it in him, I know that just by looking at him as he tugs me to him and I go willingly as he pulls me to him and wraps his arms around me.

Resting my head on his chest, I sigh, feeling content as he holds me close, his hands gently moving up and down my back…he is so warm and strong…he feels so perfect and I just want him to hold me forever.

“You smell so good.” His chest rumbles when he speaks and it makes me smile.

“I smell good now that I’ve showered.” I can’t help but tease him.

“You smelled good before that. I know. I smelled you the second you walked in.”

“Christ. What did I smell like? Three days of road funk?”

“Not at all. You just smelled like mine.”

Mine.

Mine.

I smelled like his. His.

I want that so much, as I pull back to look up at him and he smiles that smile
that I just love, the one that makes him look all male and arrogant and when he looks at me, I feel like I’m gonna melt into a puddle on the floor.

“Logan…”

“Listen, darling, we can take this nice and slow, but I really got to kiss you now, cause I am dying to know what you taste like.”

Okay. That’s a plan. Kissing. Let’s get right on with the kissing…

Wow, his lips are warm…okay can’t clearly think cause those lips just take control of mine, moving over them with expert skill that has me opening my mouth so his tongue can slip inside and dance over mine.

Shit.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I press myself close to him as he kisses me, taking his time, devouring my lips and my mouth while he slides one strong hand down my back to cup my bottom, pressing me close to…

Holy shit, there is a lot of him straining against those jeans…it least it feels like a lot and I think I just whimpered.

“You taste so good.”

Okay, now I know I whimpered when he ended the kiss so he could trail his lips down my face to my neck that…wow, it seems my neck is sensitive cause I am shivering all over as he nips me with his teeth while heat floods me from head to toe.

Logan’s POV

She is pure perfection…so sweet and warm and I just want to get lost in her as she moans in my arms and lifts her hands to rest them against my chest, through my shirt as I shift my hands into her damp hair.

“Logan…”

She sounds shaky, but I can tell it ain’t fear, it’s desire that’s rolling off her in waves.

“Yeah, baby?”

“I…I think I need to sit down…”

“We can do that. But first, can we get this shirt off you.”

I feel a slight nod as she steps back from me, all flushed, her lips kind of swollen from where we had kissed.

Then she reaches for the hem of her shirt and without hesitation, she pulls it over her head and drops it to the floor.

And heaven help me, she is more than perfect.

She’s fucking glorious.

A little thin, from her time on the road, she still has a stunning body with full breast that have rosy nipples that are rock hard…she has the most beautiful ivory skin and long legs that are gonna feel good wrapped around my waist.

“Logan…”

“Baby, you are so beautiful.”

“I’m not…”

“Yeah, you are. You are perfect. I’ve never seen anything like you.”

She smiles at that, I think maybe she believes me, but even if she doesn’t, she will by the time this night is over, cause I plan on proving to her that she is the best there and all I’ll ever want.

Taking her hand again, I walk her over to the bed and after I kick off by boots, I crawl up on the already pulled back sheets, tugging her along with me so she is stretched out beside me, her hair fanned over the pillow.

Brushing a lock of hair back from her face, I smile down at her, facing the reality that I’ve already lost my heart and soul to this girl.

“I’m just gonna take my time and explore this perfect body of yours, baby, and if you need me to slow down or if I do something you don’t like, you just let me know.”

Nodding, she offers me a little smile, that sweet little smile that is more seductive than she realizes.

That smile owns me.

Leaning down, I kiss her again, slowly this time, taking the chance to really taste her, cause I’ve never tasted anything like her.

She is sweet.

She is life.

I whisper to her that she is beyond beautiful as I move my lips along her neck, loving how her breath sucks in, and her breast arch upward, drawing my attention to them.

I love those breast.

Latching on to her right nipple, I suck it deep into my mouth, flicking tongue over the nub as she calls out my name, her fingers tangling in my hair…she is getting more and more aroused, I can smell it and it’s driving me crazy even as I turn my attention to her other breast and she whimpers.

She is so honest, so responsive, and it’s an addictive thing.

I think this could be the thing that kills me.

I want to be inside her so bad I can’t think.

But I will myself to take time, I just concentrate on the sweet sounds she makes as I kiss my way down her body, not leaving an inch of her flesh unexplored…I want to mark all of her as mine and I tell her again that she is that, she is mine and she screams yes as I move down to taste the delicious junction between her ivory thighs.

Rogue’s POV

Holy Mother Of All That Is Pure And Good.

I know I should be bashful or something, but wow, that feels so good…he has my legs spread open wide and he is buried…I had heard about this kind of thing, but I had no idea it could feel so wonderful.

And that spot he just found…

“Logan…”

My hips fly off the bed, but Logan holds me in place, so he can keep right on doing just what he wants, which is turning me inside out…he’s licking one minute and sucking the next and I am flushed all over and…

Holy Shit.

I just exploded. All over. Every cell in me just exploded. I’d read about how this is what it is suppose to be like, but I never…I never knew it could feel so good as I shiver and call out his name and then he is beside me, kissing me again and I tangle my arms around him, holding on over dear life.

“So good.” He’s looking down at me. “You taste so good, baby.”

“Logan…I didn’t know…”

“I just want this to be good for you, baby.”

“It is.” His eyes are so intense and serious. “I mean that. The way you touch me…”

“I’m just getting started baby. There is a lot more touching to do.”

YES. Praise The Lord. YES. Touch me. Please. Again and again. I’m cool with that. In fact, I say we just hold up in the room for the next fifty years and do nothing but touch and touch and touch again.

Wow. I am gonna be a sex addict.

A sex with Logan addict.

I pray there ain’t no cure for that, cause it’s an affliction that I am more than content to have, thank you very much.

Course, I can’t say much to him about that as he gets up from the bed long enough, to take of his shirt, allowing me to see that amazing chest again.

You know, he doesn’t need to fight to make money, cause women would line up from here to Orlando to pay good money for a chance to get a nice look at that chest…

And holy cow he just dropped the pants.

That’s a lot of Logan there. I mean, a lot. I haven’t actually seen THAT before, but I can tell from Carol’s memories that Logan is…blessed.

What the hell am I gonna do with all of THAT???

Logan’s POV

The look on her face is priceless. I swear. I adore this girl. Everything she is feeling and thinking is clear in those stunning eyes and I can’t help but smile as I lay back down next to her.

“Logan…”

“Don’t worry, darling. Everything’s fine.”

I press a quick kiss to her lips before going back to her breast, which are enough to keep me entertained for a dozen lifetimes.

“Logan…”

“Yeah, darling…”

“Please…” Her hands are in my hair again and she is arching up off the bed. “Please, I so need you inside…” A strangled cry cuts off whatever she was gonna say, but I have an idea what she wants, cause it’s the same thing I want.

The same thing I need.

Whispering her name, I shift her, so I am looming above her and her eyes are on mine, and all I can see in those eyes is total trust and desire and that is just about my undoing as I sigh her name and slowly ease inside her.

Christ.

She is so tight, but she feels so good…the sound of her whispering my name as I make myself take this slow, cause the last thing I want to do is hurt her.

I don’t want to hurt my Marie.

My mate.

Rogue’s POV

Wow.

Just Wow.

That is the only word I can think of…he is so hard and I feel so full…there wasn’t really any pain, just kind of a pinch, and then he’s filling me and he’s all around me and I’ve never known anything so glorious.

I can see the concern in his eyes as he looks down at me and I smile, wanting him to know it’s okay as I lift my hips and when I do, I presses against a spot inside of me and we both gasp.

And then he’s moving, slowly thrusting his hips as I left mine to meet each thrust and all I can concentrate on is this man and the wonderful feelings…he’s all I can see, he is all my mind and body and soul wants as we became more and more frantic. I can hear my strangled voice crying out his name as once again, everything inside of me just kind of explodes and an instant, so does he and in that minute, I’m sure the world is perfect and all the bad stuff is finally behind me.

Logan’s POV

If there was one place in the world I never wanted to see again, it was Chuck’s fancy little mansion, but here I am, sitting in the med lab with Marie while Jean grumbles and bitches about ‘what trouble’ we are.

Never mind the fact no one asked her to stick her nose in our business.

But as much as I hate to admit it, it’s kind of good the X-Geeks showed up at our little motel room when they did, cause they arrived about sixty second after the guy with the bucket on his head came bursting through the door with a hairy guy and some blue skinned chick trailing behind him.

Had just finished making love to Marie for the third time when Mags came in and Marie was pissed as hell to see him, she just jumped right off the bed, naked as the day she was born she told him that whatever he had in mind, he could forget. Said she was not gonna be his victim again and then, in a flash, she lands this kick to his chest that sends him flying backwards and all hell breaks loss.

Me, I get stuck with the hairy guy and the blue chick, and while she wasn’t much of a problem, old hairy heals as quick as I do and he and I were going at it good when Scott and Jean and Ro came up.

Course, Ro fried the blue woman with a bolt, Scott gave the hairy guy they all called Sabertooth a blast that put him out for a while and Mags was already done for, cause Marie had put a hell of a kicking to his old ass.

She got a few bruises for the effort and I got slashed pretty good, which is why Charles insisted Jean look us over, even though he knows both me and Marie heal.

Course, if I even suspect that One Eye is even thinking about how he saw Marie naked, I am gonna do something to him that he ain’t likely to heal from. And if Jean don’t shut up soon, I have a feeling Marie is gonna knock some of those pretty teeth down the doctor’s throat.

Would kind of like to see that myself.

“If you would have just come with us, when Scott and I told you Magneto had escaped then none of this would have happened.”

“Lay off, Red. Everything’s fine.”

“Well, we are lucky, Wolverine. Just because you and Rogue heal, the rest of us do not and we could have been hurt.”

“But you weren’t and we will be gone soon so you have nothing to worry about Jean.”

Marie was kind of snippy with that, but I don’t blame her, cause Jean is really nasty with her and it’s pissing me off.

“And where are you going?” Jean looks all smug now. “Please, I can just imagine what a lovely life the two of you can have.”

“Jean…” I give her a glare but she ignores it.

“I mean, Rogue, you have voices in your head and Wolverine here…well, everyone knows that he is far from stable and…”

And Marie just landed a fist right to Jean nose and here comes Scott running into the room, looking all shocked while Ro sort of stands there, looking like she has an idea as to what just happened and why.

Have I mentioned my Marie has a temper?

Rogue’s POV.

“You listen to me bitch.” I can feel my blood boiling as Jean looks up at me, holding to her nose that is likely broken. “You can say what you want about me, but you leave my man out of it, cause he is the one thing I am willing to kick your bony ass over.”

“Rogue…”

“Don’t Rogue me.” I turn my eyes to Scott. “I like you, Scott, cause you are a good guy, so here is some advise for you; come to your senses and drop Jean cause you can do a hell of a lot better and she doesn’t deserve you.”

“How dare you…”

“I think that it would be wise for you not to speak, Jean.”

I have to flash a smile at Ro for that, I’ve always had a feeling that she has a thing for Scott and if he’s half as smart as I think he us, he will soon realize just how much more Ro has to offer than Jean.

You know, things like a personality and compassion.

Course, Scott figuring out that his woman is a bitch ain’t my problem, all I am worried about is Logan and since it seems he has healed up as well as I have and Mages and his gang are in jail, I’m ready to get the hell out of here.

Turning to Logan, my anger fades and I smile as he holds out a hand that I accept just as the professor comes into the room.

I’m sure he already knows what went down with Jean, but even if he doesn’t, I ain’t feeling inclined to explain.

“Look, Charles, I am glad you had Ro and Scott and Bitch Woman there help us out, but I am ready to get out of here now and I think Logan agrees.”

“He does. Me and Rogue got plans.”

“I am certain you do, but I would like to extend an invitation for the two of you to stay with us for a while.”

“Listen…” I can take one look at Logan and I know he ain’t for that.

“Rogue and I are gonna do some traveling.” He looks at me and winks and I smile.

“He’s right. We got places to go.”

“It could be dangerous.” Charles tries another approach.

“Everything is dangerous, but we will handle it.”

“If you take that out look don’t expect me to be a part of helping you again.”

I turn and glare at Jean after she says that. “If I never have to see you again Jean that is just fine. I consider it a blessing.”

“Same here.” Logan looks like he wants to run her through with the claws.

“You think we can get Ro or Scott to fly us back where we were.” I turn my attention to the professor. “All our stuff is there and I would kind of like to get back to it.” Actually, I would like to get back to a bed with a naked Logan
doing all kinds of interesting things to me.

Judging from the smile Charles gave me, I am guessing I am projecting a bit.

Oh, well. I’m a sex with lagan addict and I ain’t changing that for no one.

Logan’s POV

Okay, so we are back in our room, wrapped up in one another post some pretty wild sex and once again, life is good.

Course, I could tell Scooter wasn’t thrilled about having to fly us back up here, cause he glared at me a lot on the flight and then pulled me aside and said that if I never hurt Rogue he would find a way to kill me.

Told him he don’t need to worry.

I ain’t gonna hurt her. Ever.

“Logan…”

She’s pressed close to me, all sleepy sounding.

“Yeah, darling?”

“You haven’t changed your mind, have you?”

“About what?”

“Sticking with me, cause I know I am a lot of trouble…”

Gonna cut her off there. Gonna pull back and look into those eyes.

“I ain’t changed my mind and I ain’t going to, cause you are mine, Marie, and I am yours and I love you.”

Okay. That kind of popped out, but I mean it and I think she liked hearing it cause she has a big smile on her face.

“I love you too.”

“You do?”

“Yeah. Kind of have from the first.”

“Some here. I knew when I saw you that you were mine.”

“You mean you knew when you smelled me.” I love it when she gets to teasing me like that, cause now she is running her hand up and down my chest.

“That’s right, darling.”

“So what do we do now?”

“Well, we just make our way towards Alaska, or anywhere else you want to go and we stop a lot along the way and make love.”

“I can go for that plan.” She sounds so eager that I laugh as I roll over and pin her under me and she smiles as she laces her hands in my hair. “I really do love you.” Her eyes find mine and I can see she means it and that is more than I ever thought I would have and I give thanks for it.

“I love you too Marie.”

I love her.

So does the Wolverine.

And I got to give him credit.

He did a hell of a job in picking out a mate, cause this girl has what it takes me keep the man and animal at her side for a lifetime and then some.

THE END