Author's Chapter Notes:
A bit of smut for the festive season, hope you like it.
Logan had been holding Marie’s head over the bowl for nearly an hour when Ororo had come in with her little stack of ‘goodies’. Milk, soda crackers and dry toast. Marie was moaning and pushed herself weakly away from the bowl, her face was pale and sweaty but she looked wonderful to him. She caught the pride in his face and punched him in the arm. “If you think this is so great why don’t you get pregnant!” He just grinned at her and Ororo smiled.

“If they did Rogue the world would grind to a halt, could you imagine what they’d get upto? Stopping every two minutes to complain about the pain, eating way too much and bragging about the size of their stretch marks?” The whole idea of a pregnant Logan ran through both their minds and Marie just burst into a fit of laughter. Bringing colour back to her face as the tears rolled down, clutching her stomach as the wave of nausea left her. Ororo handed her a small glass of milk and avoided the glare Logan was giving her. Sipping it slowly Marie stroked his neck and felt him settle his ruffled pride. Getting up he took the bowl into the bathroom, “If you two are done assassinating my character I’ve work to do. The horses need sorting out and the meat course has yet to be found for Christmas dinner.” Ororo gave him a stern look as he mentioned it.
“Yes you promised you’d have that sorted by now Logan, what’s wrong losing your touch?” The impish smile touching at the corners of both their mouths made his knuckles itch. Growling he just left them to it and went outside, not allowing either of them to know that Marie wasn’t the only one feeling sick in the mornings. The last couple of days he’d been up twice in the night to throw up. Once the first night after Marie had gotten home and twice last night. Her ankle was strapped up tight now, Hank had taken a scan of the break and told her to keep her weight of it as much as possible but she could still get around with crutches.

Moving through the kitchen he felt his own stomach do a flip and he grabbed a couple of dry bagels off the counter top before he set off to sort out the horses. They’d been a comfort to him over the last few weeks, he’d found himself spending more time down there with them. They never seemed frightened of him even when he was in a foul mood, their solid bulk just comforting somehow.

Kurt and Ororo had made their announcement to Xavier yesterday, he’d heard the joy in Xavier’s voice and some of the man he’d come to care for had returned. He’d be staying in Scotland for a while longer at least until the New Year had passed. Christmas day was only two days away and the kids that were spending it here were getting very very excited. Even Jube’s and Bobby were grinning like idiots, showing Damask everything about Christmas, the lights on the tree, the decorations that hung everywhere and the uses for Mistletoe. He could have swung for Jubilee when she’d shown Damask how to use it and what it meant. Damask had had this particular leer on her face and she’d raced after Peiter, holding the sprig in her hand. She’d finally appeared after an hour looking a little flushed but her sprig was entirely gone, only the stalks remained. Jube’s had just curled up with laughter and Bobby had almost died of embarrassment. Peiter had stumbled into the rec room looking like he’d just done fifteen rounds with Mike Tyson. Even he’d had to smile then and he’d hid it behind his book on joinery. His ears had caught some of the conversation between Jubilee and Damask, if Bobby had thought for a moment that he wasn’t going to suffer the same fate he was well mistaken. Smirking he’d left them to it as he’d done his rounds, passing the outer wing he’d seen the light on in Bobby’s room. He’d heard what shared knowledge could do and he’d just smiled and carried on.

Now standing in the stables cleaning the horses he just lost himself in the task, making their coats gleam with the brushes. Feeling the warmth of their bodies he’s shrugged off his outer shirts, he’d be working in his vest as usual. He hadn’t heard Damask until he’d smelt her, her scent still rich on the air and making him struggle to think. Even the Bay he was brushing scented her, moving skittishly, he didn’t stop his task he just waited for her to speak.

“Logan, can I ask you something?” She sounded upset and he turned to face her, he read her body without having to hear her confirm it. She ‘needed’ him, the desire was burning out from her face, he’d never had the time to talk to her since the night she and Marie had been together. She sat down on a straw bale and he watched her shiver. “Put my shirt on if your cold, you should wear more when you come out Damask. You know that by now.” His voice was calm but his body was picking up on her nerves and her scent had deepened just by being here with him. Concentrating on pushing the thoughts of her naked under him, away from the top of his mind he bent to check the forelocks of the Bay in front of him. He picked up on her intake of breath and he knew she was struggling with whatever it was she wanted to ask him. He decided to help her out. “What is it Damask? You can’t stay out here all day.” She looked up at him, she’d been holding his shirt upto her nose breathing him in, allowing his scent to cover her completely, flushing as she remembered the feelings it stirred in her. Her eyes met his and she lost all control, she flooded the stable with her and she saw him blink as it hit him.

Inside the animal raged to the surface, hunger rose in his body and he felt himself react to her, the pressure of his jeans making breathing difficult. Hands gripping the brushes he just crushed them, snapping them in two as he fought to keep control. A long low growl worked its way up out of him and his eyes snapped open piercing Damask through to her core. The Wolverine was out and he wanted, he needed and he’d take and damn the consequences. Damask saw the animal take him over and for the first time she felt afraid, she didn’t move but it made no difference because he was. Throwing the ruined brushes down he grabbed her by his shirt and pulled her into him baring his teeth as he growled and breathed her in. Her eyes widening as she saw the heat of him devouring her, knowing she had to think quickly or she’d make him do something both of them didn’t want him to do. Bringing her knee up sharply she caught him right on the mark. Grunting in pain he just lowered his head and held onto her through the shirt, twisting herself away from his grip she ran down the stable block and shut the door tightly behind her. Throwing the bar across it she ran back to the house, tears running down her face as she thought about the woman she was about to hurt.

Marie, Jubilee and Ororo were sat in the kitchen when Damask ran in, face puffy and skin pale from the cold she just launched herself into Marie’s arms. “I’m so sorry, I just wanted to talk to him about Peiter and I , I , lost.” The grip on Maries arms was almost painful as she carried on. “I didn’t mean to hurt him I didn’t, I love him and you know I’d never come between you both, I’m so sorry Rogue.” Marie’s face just took in what she was saying as she calmed down and warmed up. After she was able to talk without crying she asked her to start again. Damask told her she’d gone to see Logan about Peiter, to ask some advice from him but she’d been upset and her control isn’t as good when she’s upset and with everything else she’d been a little wound up. She’d lost her control completely and he’d been there when it happened. Ororo looked at Marie as she just flew out of the door, leaving Jubilee running after her.
“Rogue, wait up you can’t go in there not if he’s lost it. I remember the mess he made of the training room after his ‘grief’ session. Jeez girl he’s going to kill you if you go in there.” They’d reached the stable block and she could hear the horses getting nervous and tetchy. Turning to Jubilee she looked at her friends face and decided that telling her was the best thing she could do.
“Jube’s he wont hurt me.”
“How do you know? He could be doing anything behind that door!” Her hand gripped her shoulder tightly.
“He won’t hurt me because I’m carrying his baby Jube’s. He’d never hurt me anyway but he’d die first before he hurt the baby.” The shock of the news spread out across her face, smiling she patted her friends hand. “Now open the door for me and lock it when I go in okay. Come back in a while with Hank and we’ll see where we go from here.”

The Wolverine was drowning in heat, the scent had ripped through him, forcing Logan deep under. This was primal, personal, his skin was on fire and he shed his clothing quickly, tearing at the seams in haste. Only slowing when he was free from their grip, her scent was maddening and he’d heard her run away down the path. The pain she’d given him had been too much to react to at the time, when he’d recovered a little he’d heard other voices outside and could scent others. One he knew very well, growling low in his throat as they entered the stable. Her scent reached him she was still covered with his own, her rich deep odour adding to his frustration. Hearing her come closer he moved fluidly to watch his mate approach, hand already stroking himself, readying himself for her.


Jubilee just opened the bar lock and helped Marie to slip inside, the warmth of the air in here making her breath hitch a little as she heard the low growl coming from an empty stall. The pheromone traces were still here and she could feel the strength of them herself. She really had lost it in here but at least she’d had the sense to get away. Slowly walking down the centre of the stables she was looking in every stall, her own body reacting to the scent around her. She’d been up close and personal to Damask herself and she let the emotions run over her body. Her own sex beginning to moisten as she walked toward the empty stall at the end. Before she got to it, he moved out of hiding, naked and the look in his eyes was something she’d only ever seen him hint at before. This was The Wolverine, not Logan, this was the thing she’d toyed with when he allowed her, when he felt safe enough to allow her to touch it with her mind.

The eyes were darker, deeper more animalistic, his hand went up from the floor and began to stroke his already straining erection. His body was taught and humming like a bowstring, everything he did was fluid, even the movement of his hand on himself was smooth. She felt her skin flush as she began to react to the scene in front of her. Shedding her coat she let it fall to the floor and began stripping her top too, when he rushed her. Grabbing her and pulling her off balance into the empty stall, his hands tearing the cloth away as he bit and suckled at her skin. Leaning her head back, she gave him the submission he’d been wanting, feeling the deep growl of acceptance roar through her as he slowed his movements a little. His hands went up her skirt and ripped the underwear away in one movement making her wince with the force of it. Listening as he growled in pleasure as he felt her wince, digging his nails into her skin trying to make her cry out. Instead she bit his shoulder hard until her teeth met, the roar that left him was nothing to the shock of being rammed into with such force. Feeling his body just lose everything into the movements, his hands gripping her hair, winding it tightly around his fists. Pulling her head away from his shoulder and latching his mouth to hers, tasting his own blood on her mouth and fucking her harder as it went through his mouth and into his senses.

Her own hands were clawing at his back and waist, digging as deep as she could, riding the wave of The Wolverine as he thrust between her thighs. Each one harder than the last until she thought he’d come through the top of her head. Feeling him tense up, his movements became jerky the nearer he got, lifting her hips and wrapping them around his waist. Pushing harder as he moved her around the stall, her voice found she coaxed him closer. “Come on Logan, you’re so near I can feel it, come on!” His eyes met hers and she saw them changing, the darkness retreating and his own soft hazel returning to her. His movements still frenzied but his grip lighter, lifting her clear of the straw and holding her upright. Growling out her name, as he came inside her the heat in him dissipating quickly as he came down.

Seeing her still wrapped around him with her legs bruising and breasts marked he just bent his head to her chest and cried into her skin. Huge sobs wracked through him as she stroked his hair and tried to calm him, “It’s okay shh, it’s okay. She’s alright Logan, she got away. That’s how come I’m here, she came and got me.” His face so full of shame he didn’t meet her eyes till she moved his head. “She’s okay, I’m okay only a little sore that’s all.” He took in the sight of her, the start of bruising already showing on her sex and thighs, sliding out of her as he looked at the damage he’d done.
“Oh God Marie!” He just bent his head into her and cried as he cradled her to him. She let her mind touch his, showing him what he couldn’t see, what she had felt and seen. How much it had turned her on to see him like that, just wanting to have her, to take her anyway possible. His mind tried to recoil away from the sight of her being fucked by him but she wouldn’t allow it. She showed him her feelings what she’d felt as he’d been in her, the desire to make him hers alone. She loved him, all of him even The Wolverine.

Lifting his head to look into her eyes, the tears still falling from his own, “I don’t deserve you.” Shifting herself round in his lap she felt him rise again as she moved. Smiling she answered.
“Well you might have to wait for a while until I get checked out by Hank. Just to be on the safe side.” His body stilled as the thought ran through his brain, the baby!
Picking her up he just pulled a blanket out of the rack wrapped her in it and went to the doors. Finding them locked he just popped a set of claws and cut the bar open. The two doors swung open and he stepped out completely naked carrying her back to the house. Hank and Jubilee were running toward them. The sight of a naked Logan coming toward them made Jubilee gape, she looked like a fish out of water as he passed her and Hank. Hank made to touch Marie as he passed and Logan just pulled her away and growled the threat. His claws still visible in the chill air, Marie just looked and shook her head at him as they passed into the house. He went through the kitchen it was the quickest way, Ororo managed to keep hold of the plates she was stacking as he passed. Watching his retreating rear go into the corridor she moved to watch the view. Assessing the perfect specimen of mutant manhood that had passed in front of her eyes, she watched until they went into the lift, Jubilee was seating herself at the table when she turned back her face still registering her shock. Noticing her Jubilee finally closed her mouth and opened it again, “Oh man that’s a sight I won’t forget for a few years, no wonder Rogue’s always smiling. Damn!” Ororo couldn’t help but smile as she saw the look on Jubilee’s face, the imprint of a naked Logan burned onto her memory. “And to think I spent a night in the same room with that sat in the chair!” Laughing Ororo joined in.
“That may be true but could you have handled it?” Jubilee’s eyes went wider.
“Handle it? I don’t even think it’d fit!” Ororo broke down into full laughter as Hank slowly made his way into the kitchen. His own nerves struggling a little with the pheromone bomb that was still dissipating in the cold air. Looking at them both Hank just ran for it through the kitchen hoping that they didn’t notice his own discomfort. When he was out of earshot Jubilee turned to Ororo, an unusual smile crossing her lips. “Wonder what’s got the Doc all nervous?” Her wolfish grin making it plain she knew exactly why he’d raced past them both, her eyebrow curving upward. The sight of it made Ororo stifle a giggle, “Jubilee if you think Logan won’t fit you’ve got no hope of ever seeing Hank.” Jubilee’s eyes widened and her mouth just fell open again.
“You mean he’s…” She didn’t even finish the sentence, Ororo nodded and put her hands apart like a bragging fisherman, “GOOD GOD!” At that moment Kurt decided to bamf into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her waist making them both jump. Seeing the look covering Ororo’s face as his hands touched her Jubilee made a speedy exit, still mumbling about it being impossible to fit.

Kurt was quiet for a while as his tail wound around Ororo, touching her body and making her squirm against him. Her hands were still showing Hank’s size and Kurt’s eyes narrowed as his mind worked it out. “Was that necessary?” His breath sending shivers down her spine as it tickled her neck.
“Yes, Jubilee has to realise that not everything comes in the same size,” turning to him she pressed her body into his feeling him react to her. “Or the same amount either.” Taking hold of his fiancée he bamfed away leaving only a lingering scent of sulphur behind.

Logan had reached the medical bay and was pacing in front of the table waiting for Hank to arrive. Marie was seated a little uncomfortably and she shifted in the blanket watching Logan wind himself up even further as he looked at her. She could see him worrying about what he’d done, what he could have done to the baby. Hank came in and went straight to Marie, his eyes avoiding the very naked Logan who was pacing up and down his medical bay. “Let me see Rogue.” Her eyes met Hanks and the gaze was all steel as she dropped the blanket. Her breasts were marred with purpling bruises, her sides of her neck had teeth marks and her waist was beginning to bruise at either side, showing Logan’s own handprints. They both caught the low growl as he saw the damage he’d done to her, it was almost a whine as he stopped pacing and stood away from her. His body burning with shame and his eyes dangerous, Marie held out her bare hands to him and he walked toward them reluctantly. Her fingers touching his bare flesh and marvelling at the sensations still new to her. Hank touched the bruises with cooling witchazel, seeing her wince a little but not complain once. Finished with her upper half he looked at Logan first and then to Marie. “You’ll have to undress Rogue.” Logan’s eyes met Hanks and he saw The Wolverine flash in them for a second until she bent his head to hers and kissed him. “Please honey, go get dressed. I’ll be okay, we’ll be okay,” her hand straying to her stomach. “All of us, okay?” Sending a deadly look Hanks way, he left her with him.

Watching him leave Marie could let herself feel the pain now and she leaned into Hanks arm. His grip tightening on her as she laid down on the bed. Her gaze catching his and holding it. “You ever tell him I did this and I’ll finish the shaving job those idiots started. With Nair, got it?” Hank smiled as she moved into a better position, wincing as she moved.
“I understand Rogue, I really do.” His amber eyes settling on hers and she remembered the conversation she’d had with Logan the other day. The one about the arrangement him and Hank and come to, the difficulty he’d had in even telling her what had happened and why. He hadn’t wanted her to hate Hank, only to try to understand him, why he had to help him the best way he could. Taking off her skirt Hank could see the full damage The Wolverine had done to her. Criss-crossed with scratches and deep finger marks, bruises already turning purple and the swollen flesh of her sex, looking at the damage Hank spoke. “You’ll have to lift your legs up Rogue so I can check for tears, I know it’s not very comfortable but I’ll be as gentle as I can.” Trying to relax she just lifted her legs up and slowly opened her thighs, wincing as she felt the muscles fight to give. Gentle hands helped her and she felt the gloved fingers checking her most intimate place, the touch making her flush a little. “There’s no tears, but plenty of bruising, your going to be stiff for around a week I’d say.” Putting her legs down and pulling the long skirt over herself again she pushed up from the table only to be helped back down. “I need to check on Junior.” Moving her over to the scanner he positioned her bed into it and set the scanner running. A few passes later the image solidified on the small screen, the tiny little bump was fine, blood vessels were already strengthening. She smiled in relief, her hand hovering over the little piece of life she had inside her.

Logan chose that moment to return to the medical bay, just as Hank was pointing out the growing umbilical cord. Marie had her shirt closed and held together her scent was relaxed and he could feel her ache from where he was. Wrapping his arms around her he squeezed lightly, nuzzling her neck from behind. “I’m sorry.” The pain dripping from the words almost breaking her heart with their weight. She just ran her hands over his and pulled them down to her stomach. “Say hello to your daughter.” His eyes looked at the small screen in front of him and the tiny bundle of cells that was growing inside Marie. The look of confusion passed his face as he wondered how they knew it was a girl, Hank saw his confusion and helped out.
“All babies are girls when they first start Logan, it’s only later that they change, that is if they change.” His amber eyes finding Logan’s and telling him that he didn’t judge him for what he’d done. He knew the struggle they both fought with and he was lucky to have someone who understood all of him and accepted it, all of it. Marie hugged him tighter, “I don’t mind if it’s either, as long as I’ve got you.” The simple words echoed through him, soothing the pain of his guilt, feeling Marie beginning to shift off the bed he stopped her and picked her up. Looking to Hank he waited for orders, Hank obliged.
“Bed rest Logan, no sex for a least a week. Well not penetrative sex anyway, she’ll need to have the bruises treated everyday.” He turned and handed Marie a small bottle of witchazel. “Make sure you get everywhere Logan and I do mean everywhere.” His large amber eye winked at him before he pulled of his gloves and walked away. Holding her in his arms she just snuggled down into his warmth. Pulling her closer they walked out of the medical bay and back to their room.

Guilt trip
Damask had holed up in her room, she knew the others would blame her for causing this. She’d lost control of herself when she thought she could control her emotions, but he’d been so close and she’d needed to know the truth. If he still loved her like he said he did, she knew he belonged to Marie, to Rogue but there was still a place for her wasn’t there?
Peiter was outside the door, he’d been waiting for her to let him in but she hadn’t yet and she knew he was upset and unsure of what had happened but she couldn’t face him yet.
She loved him. For the first time in her life she loved someone for who they were, not what they did, not how they smelled to her but for the way they made her feel. With a look of their eyes as they saw her and smiled, Peiter loved her too and this was what she couldn’t understand. Was it just her scent or did he actually care for her? The only other person she knew who did love her was Logan and she’d gone and messed things up with him and Marie now. Confused and alone she cried into her sheets wishing she could let someone into the room without hurting them.

Logan saw Peiter stood outside his room, the huge man was trying to be patient but he was being torn in two by the sounds coming from inside. As he passed him he nodded and went onto his own room, he’d be back in a while as soon as he’d settled Marie. She was sleeping in his arms when he got to their own room, gently placing her on the bed he wrapped her up in his blanket. The old thing had been with him for years, it’s pattern faded and old but it held his scent longer than anything else and he saw her curl into its folds and settle down again. The memory of her under him in the stables was still hurting but she’d shown him her view, the raw power of him, the emotions he’d fired in her surprising her with their strength. She’d wanted him like that, she’d wanted The Wolverine in her on her, she hadn’t been afraid of him, Damask had been. Brushing his hands over her head he wondered how he’d come to deserve a woman like her, maybe fate had been smiling on him when it had thrown them together. Letting his hand rove down her body until it rested over her stomach and the little life she was carrying. She’d been the only one who’d have been safe walking into the stable, he could smell himself on her as she’d walked in. The Wolverine knew it’s mate and wouldn’t hurt her intentionally, just that she wasn’t as strong.

She’d brought Logan back to the surface, even as he was lost in her body she’d managed to reach out and bring him back to the surface. No one had ever done that, not even Stryker. They’d just left him to calm down on his own, bloodstained and feeling the memories of The Wolverine pour into his mind, closing off Logan’s ability to feel. Marie had eased him with a few words, love was a strange thing but he wouldn’t be without it now, wouldn’t be without her.

His mind went to Damask, the look of terror that had passed across her face as he grabbed her and pulled her body into his. He knew The Wolverine had loved that fear, that spike of terror but she’d had the sense to hit him where it would hurt the most and run. She’d run from him and that hurt him, he’d never wanted her to see that side of him and it wasn’t all her fault either. Sighing he let go of Marie and went back out of the room taking a last look at her sleeping body, his ears picking up Peiter trying to get Damask to open the door, to tell him what was wrong. He was needed down the hall and he left to pick up the pieces he’d left Damask in.

Peiter saw him approach and he heard him tell her he was coming, hearing her footsteps come near the door he stopped outside with Peiter. Sensing the large man’s pain as the door opened to reveal Damask flushed and tearstained. Pushing into the room Peiter picked her up and held her to him, trying to soothe the pain that was coming from her. Watching her as she tried to struggle out of his grip but he wouldn’t let her. He had her and he wasn’t letting go. Logan just watched as she fretted and finally settled in his grip, her scent under control again. Her violet eyes found his and the sorrow and fear in them made him feel awful, knowing that he’d helped to put it there. Her voice small and quiet as she spoke, “I’m so sorry Logan. I never meant to, I didn’t mean it, please don’t hate me.” Her hand was reaching out to him while the other was being stroked by Peiter, his eyes full of concern and his body tight with fear. Logan closed the gap between them and let her have his hand, her fingers clutched at his tightly and Peiter met his gaze with a barely disguised look of jealousy.

Tearing his eyes from his Logan spoke to her, “Want to talk about it now?” Sniffing she nodded and made to move out of Peiter’s arms but he held her tight and Logan stopped her too. “What ever you have to say Damask you say to both of us, it’s safer that way.” Looking into Peiter’s eyes she saw the depth of his pain, that he didn’t know why this had happened, what had caused it and why. She sighed and relaxed into the firm body holding her.
“Okay, at least put me down. I can think better when I’m moving.” Reluctantly he put her down on the soft carpet, her feet quickly taking her over to the large window, her body hugging itself as she spoke her mind to them both. “Logan I love you and I need you, you’re the first person who ever treated me as if I was normal and I’ll always love you for that.” Logan noticed Peiter’s hands clenching and his body tensing up, he was expecting bad news. “The thing is…” they both heard her struggle with the words and take a breath, “I’m in love with Peiter too.” Peiter almost ran over to her but Logan held him back and shook his head, asking him to let her finish. “It’s different than you, it’s not gratitude or debt for getting me away from there, from up north. That’s the problem Logan, that’s what I’m having trouble with.” Her voice becoming thick with tears, “I don’t know why he loves me, why he would bother with me. I’m scared it’s because of my gift and that’s all it is, that it isn’t me at all, not the inside me anyway.” The sobs wracked her small frame and he let go of Peiter, he just knelt in front of her and made her look at him. He didn’t say anything he just wrapped himself around her, pulling her into his warmth, the scene so personal Logan turned and left them to it. The words so quiet he almost missed them, “Thank you Logan.” Smiling he walked back to his own room where Marie was waiting for him, Damask had her fears finished for a while and he’d talk to her eventually. But not just now.


Christmas Eve

The day had been already started at 4am for Logan, he’d been retching in the bathroom when he’d heard the rustling of the bed. “Logan? Logan what’s wrong?” Hearing Marie walk into the bathroom catching him looking like death warmed over. Her hands gloved for the night he felt her concentrate as she flicked the switch in her head and pull them off, “Oh darlin’ why didn’t you say something?” He growled low in his throat as the next wave of nausea hit him forcing him to retch again. She stroked his back as he threw up, this was not the thing he wanted to her to see, he was supposed to be her protector, her champion, her strength. Not feeling as sick as a dog and throwing up for all he was worth, he leaned back and felt the cool tile against his skin. “How long does this last Marie?” Her hands gently wiping his brow with a towel she answered.
“It can be as short as a couple of weeks then it could be for the whole nine months.” He groaned at the prospect of throwing up for nine months, he’d never done this much in his whole life and he didn’t want it to become a regular thing. “Hank explained it to me, it’s my bodies reaction to the pregnancy, it fights it for a while then it kind of accepts it. The sickness usually stops then, he said his own mother never even had it.”
“Some people are just lucky.” She knew what he was saying even through his gruff statement and she ruffled his hair.
“Yeah I know, I love you too.” Helping him up from the floor, she sat him on the bath edge looking at his colour returning. “You feeling better?” He just nodded as his body cleared the feeling, looking at Marie as the colour began to drain from her face. “That’s good because I’m not.” She made the toilet in time and a small amount of bile emptied from her mouth. Rubbing her back gently watching as she emptied her stomach, after a few minutes she stopped and cleaned her mouth out. Taking care to brush slowly she watched Logan remake the bed, his movements almost reverential. Turning it down again he waited for her to come back to bed, watching as she moved stiffly to the open side. “Does it hurt?” His eyes full of remorse as she slid into the still warm covers.
“Yes but I’ll heal, besides you’ve got to medicate me now while I’m awake. I’m not sure if I’ll be awake again later when you come back from hunting. So you’d better do it now.” He just looked straight through her, how on earth had she known he was going out? Then he noticed her gaze was stuck on his boots, he’d oiled the leather last night, making it supple and quiet so he wouldn’t be heard in the snow. She still had his memories and thoughts running around in her head, snuggling her to his side he kissed the top of her head and reached for the small bottle of witchazel. Turning it over in his hands he wondered if there was anything else Hank could give her to speed up the process. The thought passed his mind and he saw her grab it as it passed through.
“Oh no mister, that is not the way to get me better. Besides my body might not take too well to it while juniors here, it might decide to ‘heal’ them too.” The thought of losing the child he’d just thrown up for settled it, witchazel it would be. “Besides that’s the most gentle stuff I can have Logan, Hank wants me to have a natural pregnancy. As few drugs and junk as possible, so I’m afraid pizza night is officially cancelled for the next few months, so is beer.” He quirked an eyebrow at her last statement, so that’s where his beer had been going, he’d blamed it on Bobby. Touching her skin with the cool liquid he smiled as she gasped as he rubbed it into her bruises.
“That’ll teach you to steal from your husband.” The word slipped out before he even realised what he’d said and Marie just froze under him, her eyes locking onto his. “What?” She just blinked at him.
“You just said ‘husband’.”
“No I didn’t.”
“Oh yes you did!” Stopping his work on her skin, he just thought back and there it was, he had said it. It had just fallen out of his mouth without thinking. Marie’s eyes were brimming with tears as she flung herself around his neck. Feeling her laughing into his neck at his slip he put the bottle down and pulled himself out of her grasp. She was grinning like he’d given her the world and she quickly kissed him, “I love you too Logan. I won’t hold you to it though, not until you can ask me properly. No matter how long it takes.” With that she snuggled down under the covers, her skin forgotten for now and leaving Logan in a state of shocked surprise. He hadn’t just asked her to marry him had he? Looking at the soft form slowly falling back to sleep under his sheets, his eyes tracing her curves he supposed he had really. In his own kind of weird way that was, kissing the top of her head he pushed off the bed and dressed for the cold. He still had to get Christmas dinner and the dawn was a few hours away yet, plenty of time to settle his stomach before he went out into the cold and try to find a way to ask her properly.

Passing the rec room, he found Hank sat in front of the fire, his body relaxed and his mind totally on the flames in the fireplace. Looking at the clock on the wall it read 4.45am, even a little early for Ororo, seeing the firelight reflect off his fur he reminded him of a bear. Chuckling he walked in and seated himself next to him, Hank didn’t move his gaze, only spoke to him in a whisper. “I love this time of morning, the world is still asleep and it’s almost as perfect as it can get.” Logan just watched the fire as Hank’s distinctive smell reached him, with all its undertones and musky richness. Finally, Hank took a look at him “Are you feeling all right? You look a little pale this morning.” He shifted uncomfortably as Hank hit the nail on the head and he just squinted into the flames. “Come on what is it? Is Marie keeping you awake with her sickness?” Logan sighed and spoke. “You could say that, except I’ve been the one to get to the bathroom first before she wakes up. When she wakes up she gets it.” Hank looked at him seriously before he spoke again, considering what he’d just been told. “I’ve got a theory but I’ll need you both down in the lab later. If it’s what I think it is you’ll be riding the roller coaster with Marie until she finishes her first trimester.” He groaned as the news sank in making Hank smile. "Just eat some ginger before you go to bed Logan, it’ll settle your stomach.” A comfortable silence fell between them as they both watched the flames devouring the split logs in the large fireplace. Only knowing time had passed when the hall clock chimed five. Looking out of the window and seeing the snow beginning to fall again Logan sighed and pushed off the warm sofa. “This isn’t getting Christmas Dinner,” looking down at Hank still lost in the flames he tapped his shoulder and the twin amber orbs met his. “Any preference this year? Deer, Boar?” Hank took his time in answering.
“Do the grounds have any Elk?” Logan searched through his mental map of the animal territories and found himself nodding to Hank.
“Yeah way at the edge of the land here, well where we blend into the wilderness really over the West ridge, where the wolves come in from time to time.” Hank rubbed his hands together and made ready to get up and start the day.
“Then Elk it is, that is if you can find any.” His eyes looking out into the snow filled air outside. Smiling Logan pushed away from the warmth and pulled his jacket closed.
“If it’s out there I’ll get it. See if I can bag an old male might only come back with half of it though, I doubt we’ll need all of it.” His gaze taking in the heavy snow clouds above the grounds. “We’re not the only ones who’ll be looking for dinner in this.” Hank met his eyes as he got up off the sofa and stretched, a moment of understanding passing between them. That out of the two of them they made two normal things, one human one animal, it’s just that they were the mirror reflection of the other. “See ya later Hank.” With that he left to get tomorrow’s dinner, thinking of the years he’d missed on the road, never knowing what day it was until it had been too late.

Stopping the thoughts dead as he saw their room light on again and he could see Marie at the windows, she was watching for him and she just lifted her hand and smiled. The cold retreated from his skin as her eyes roved over him, taking in his wrapped body, making him flush with heat. Smiling he raised his hand and waved, thinking of the small bump that was growing inside her and knowing without a doubt who had put it there. Turning into the snow he set his course across the field and set out to find dinner.

The snow wasn’t too heavy on the ridge, the cold air making tracking easier as the scent lasted longer. He’d found Elk but also a fresh set of Wolf tracks, at the most four different wolves travelling single file. Climbing over the ridge he found the pack, they had an elderly male Elk at bay, one wolf was already injured and limping badly. The other three were trying to keep away from the impressive rack of antlers that were being held down at them each time they tried to get close. He could feel the growl rising in his chest as he stripped off the warm layers, hanging them on a tree to keep them out of the way. Dressed only in his jeans and vest he felt the blades slide out of his hands, the sharp pain making him growl, the sound alerting the wolves to his presence. Two of them swivelled their ears to find the source of the sound, the injured one risked a look and barked quickly. The large alpha turned his head and their eyes met, his brown coat was full but his body condition wasn’t great, none of them were. He stood his ground for a few seconds more then chuffed and the pack followed him over the next rise, leaving the Elk behind. They drifted away like smoke, the only thing to say they’d been were their prints rapidly filling with fresh snow.
Pulling his concentration onto the large Elk it started to move toward him, it’s large feet plunging through the crust of the snow, breath pluming in the darkness. Snarling now Logan readied himself for the kill, bending low to the ground, his hands gripping the snow, he was above the elk able to use the advantage as he fell onto it. Letting The Wolverine free he dove toward the Elk, it didn’t see him until it was too late and the blades severed the neck cleanly. Blood fountained into the snow, it’s body falling as the blood stained the ground.

Sitting next to the body as it bled out its last into the snow, his breathing slowing, wiping his claws in the fresh fall after slitting the stomach open. Steam erupting from the still warm carcass, hearing the soft footfalls of something and the blades snapped out. The alpha wolf was back on the rise, his eyes were on the carcass and his hackles were raised. Logan worked quickly, slicing the carcass in two and taking the rump. Emptying the innards on the snow Logan walked away with his prize. Back up the ridge and toward his clothes. As he made the top he saw the alpha come down and start eating the still warm meat. They didn’t squabble there was plenty for them here, the alpha raised his head for a second and chuffed in his direction. Silently taking the acknowledgement he walked back home carrying the meat with him, life can be hard but it makes a huge difference when you have others around you who are willing to back you up.

When he got back to the kitchen there was a full-blown argument going on, nearly all of the winter boarders were involved and Ororo and Kurt were having trouble keeping some of the kids civil. Opening the door he caught some of it. “I’m telling you miss ‘Oh I know everything’ that I know it isn’t true and you can’t make me believe it.” No one noticed him walk in, bloodstained and carrying enough meat to feed an army. Walking over to the large island in the kitchen, he slammed the meat down the sound sending waves of silence around the room.
“Now if you’re finished arguing I’ve got work to do in here.” His voice heavy with threat and every eye was on the carcass on the island. Several kids just bolted out of the room and Ororo followed them, the rest just finished up what they were doing and left. Jubilee was rooted to the spot, her eyes hadn’t left the carcass on the surface. Eventually her eyes met his and he raised an eyebrow, “Yes Jubilee?” his tone was even but his temper was getting a little frayed, he hadn’t eaten properly yet and his stomach was complaining. Blinking she found her voice.
“Did you kill that?” She was drawn to it just by its sheer size, popping a claw he began to skin the meat.
“Yup about half and hour ago.” Jubilee’s hand crept out to feel the pelt as he stripped it from the meat. Snatching her hand back as she felt the warmth still in it.
“It’s still warm!” Her face showing shock as he finished and put it in the sink. His eyes watching her reaction as he sliced the meat from the bones, laying each large piece on the counter. Wrinkling her nose she pulled out a large plate from under the counter top and pushed it toward him. “Put it in here. You can’t just put it on the countertop.” He just glared at her and continued to carve the meat away from the large thighs. Her eyes widened as she realised he wasn’t going to move it, “I’m not touching it!” He stopped carving and just looked straight through her, she managed fifteen seconds of his stare before she broke. “Okay but if you tell anyone I touched it I’ll deny it entirely!” Jubilee picked up the pieces of still warm flesh and stacked them in the large dish. Smiling Logan decided to find out what the argument had been about.
“What was all that racket?” Jubilee was washing her hands when he asked. Turning as she dried her hands, paling as she watched him slice the bones into smaller pieces. Concentrating on his face she answered.
“It started out with Anne asking about Father Christmas.”
“Anne?” Jubilee kept her face on his as he struggled with the hip bones.
“Yeah young kid, around 14, can morph water?” He just threw her a look which she read as ‘Their not Marie so I don’t notice’ and she sighed. “Anyway she was saying how much she missed seeing a Father Christmas, she’s knows she’s too old to go to the Mall one but it was a nice memory she had you know before her mutation kicked in. Paul kind of kicked off and started arguing about it being impossible for someone like him to exist.” Paul the name rang a bell with Logan.
“Paul? Brainy kid?” Jubilee noticed his interest.
“Yeah high IQ not much else if you ask me. Cyclops’s little golden boy. Well after all that the younger kids got into it and we had a full-blown blow out. It’s been brewing for days if you ask me, a lot of the kids here are away from home for the first time this year and it kind of stings. Those that had a home.” Darkness swept across her face and her smile slipped as she prodded the plate, he watched as she slipped under further. Her eyes losing their shine, not even wincing when he snapped the bones with his hands in front of her. Laying the bones with the skin in the sink, washing his hands clean in the other. Turning back to Jubilee he watched a tear roll down her face, the way she just ignored it as it fell almost broke his heart. Moving toward her Jubilee pushed away into the kitchen and out of the door before he had the chance to touch her. Sighing he put the meat into the large fridge and went to find Marie.