Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie finally gets her present and Logan realises just how much he means to those around him. He gets a surprise and a little bribe from Xavier.
Logan walked down hallway his robe moving as he went the velvet rustling and he stopped outside his room door. Smiling he unlocked the door and went inside, coming out again still wearing the robe but walking down the hallway in his bare feet. A fire reflecting in his eyes as the lights were put back on, he still had one present to deliver.

Marie and Jubilee were just putting out the last of the candles when Logan just stood watching them eventually getting their attention. Jubilee noticed him first and as her eyes met his, she just nudged Marie. The lights didn’t do him justice and he heard Jubilee’s intake of breath as she noticed the toe peeking out of the bottom of the robe. Shifting his foot forward so it became uncovered completely made Jubilee’s eyes go wide and Marie’s face to take on a predatory leer. Her voice husky as she spoke, “Finished giving out presents sugar?” Her tones making his skin crawl with want. Jubilee just took one look at the pair of them and made her exit, hurrying up the stairs she managed to squeeze past without touching him. He growled low as she passed him and he saw the blush rise in her skin and her own scent hit a high note. Squeaking she bolted up the rest of the stairs, her flush spreading as the thoughts of what he had on (or the lack of it) under the robe filled her mind. She needed to find Bobby, fast!

Laughing he picked Marie up and pulled her into him, her dress making her waist seem even smaller than it really was. Purring as he ground her into him, his erection beginning to push forward under the heavy velvet, swinging her hips across his groin and hearing him rumble in pleasure. Pulling him to the doors of the Rec room its lights still off and only a few candles lit in the room. Making him raise an eyebrow at her, “What you think I’d let you sneak off without giving me my present?” Her grin was indecent as she pulled him over to the large chair, “You gonna put me on your lap and ask me what I want?” She pushed him into the chair, marvelling at how the light reflected from his body, how it made his eyes shine. Taking hold of the wreath she threw it off into a corner, hearing it land near the tree making the baubles rattle. Her legs trying to straddle his but finding the arms of the chair in the way, noticing Logan just pulled the arms out putting them to either side.

Seeing the heat in Marie’s eyes at his display of strength, he smiled “I’ll repair it later.” Pulling her down into his lap and his heat, her hands sliding under the velvet across his skin. Bending her head to kiss his neck, feeling the fox fur tickle her as she chased his pulse down his solid throat. “Marie,” his voice was thick with need for her but he knew she was still hurting from the other day. His eyes told her his concern and she just shushed him and lifted her skirts so she could sit comfortably. Her skin feeling the slightly scratchy quality of the spangled velvet against her inner thighs, he could tell she wasn’t wearing anything under the skirts and he rumbled his approval.
“Like your present huh?” Her voice muffled as she bent her head to his skin and trailing small kisses over the broad expanse of chest in front of her. His own hands sliding up the dress, fingers slowly making their way along her thigh in small circles. Feeling her muscles tense with each maddeningly slow trace, closing his eyes and just losing himself in her touch. Breathing slow Logan opened his eyes to find her hands on his belt buckle and a leer across her face. His heart almost burst when he saw her slide down his legs and nudge them apart, making room to kneel in the green velvet. His eyes never leaving hers as her hands slid up the robe, fingers tickling each hair she passed with her hands. Hearing his breath hitch as she moved over his knees, sliding her hands up the inside of his thighs. Logan finding it difficult to breathe as he watched Marie take him in her hands, opening the robe so she could work without a barrier between them. Her face open and hungry as she sized him up licking her lips as a whimper came out of Logan. His body humming with anticipation as she licked her lips, making them shine in the semi darkness. Her voice almost as soft as the velvet she was knelt in she bent to his erection and kissed it gently, “Merry Christmas sugar.”
Her mouth slowly took him inside, sliding in so slowly so he could see every little movement of her head and lips. He grabbed the back of the chair in an effort not to thrust upward into the warmth of her mouth, her tongue slowly licking the underside of his shaft, making him groan loudly.

He could feel her smile and she opened the link they had between their minds, images of him dressed as he was, picking her up and fucking her, no grace, no tenderness just an animalistic joining. Her own hands clawing his skin and drawing blood, her own growls mingling with his own as they rutted. Her face snarling and vibrant, eyes on fire as she pulled him deeper into herself as he thrust down into her. The images flooded his senses, mingling with the feelings she was creating on him, her fingers digging into his thighs as she lost herself in the rhythm of her work. Grabbing her cheek he slowed her down a little, listening to her skirts rustle and seeing her own hand sneak under the dress. The bloom of scent reaching his nose and making him twitch against her mouth. He could feel her smile as she worked on herself, her breath cooling his erection as she sighed at the feel of her own fingers. Releasing him for a moment she looked in his eyes, he was barely contained, every fibre was alive and humming, smiling she slowly licked his shaft from the root to the glistening tip. His growls deeper, more animalistic as he fought to keep his mind together.

Her hand grasped him and pulled him hard making him jerk toward her, his hands released he grabbed her and pulled her up in front of him. She didn’t even hear the claws release as he began to cut the dress from her, sliding the claw up the bodice and watching it fall away from her skin. All he cared about was getting to her as quickly as possible, as he cut she slid her hands over his groin and squeezed him tightly, her voice sliding over his nerves like silk, “I’m waiting sugar.” She opened her mind to him again, showing him what she wanted. He was behind her, supporting her weight with his hands, her legs wrapped back around his. Her own hands against the wall pushing back, in her mind she showed him a wink and licked her lips as he fucked her seeing the blush of her orgasm run through her. The dress completely off she stepped away from him pulling him by his straining erection out of the chair, his robe completely open.

Her eyes taking in the magnificent sight in front of her, shuddering with the amount of effort it took to restrain his hands from just grabbing her and lifting her up and onto him. Instead he lifted her up and carried her, the fur edge tickling her breast as he walked over to the dark part of the room, his fingers managing to find her as he held her. Sliding a finger past her lips and feeling how ready she was for him, how hot she felt and how slick. The tops of her thighs were damp as he realised how ready she was, her own body so close to coming already, her eyes glittering in the reflected light from the room. Breathing heavy she showed him her thoughts as she spoke “Logan, please.” His hands holding her open as he dove into her, hands wrapped around her thighs as he licked at her core. Making her grab his hair viciously, seeing his own fingers dig into her pale skin just to hold her still for a moment, standing still as the image passed into his mind and through him. Hearing her need in every breath, trying to keep controlled, fighting to keep the Wolverine down, to use his energy but not his violence. Reaching the wall he slid her down to her feet, turning her away from him, her eyes opened and Marie leaned against the wall. Pushing her hips backward to meet his, her round softness meeting his erection and she listened as to his halting breath as she slid herself against it, her own whining becoming louder. Needing him inside her, sliding his hands down her skin resting on her hips for a moment he lifted her up just enough to slide past and into her.

Heat and muscle tightened around him almost too much for him to take as he filled her, feeling her tighten around him further she pulsed with her own excitement. Feeling her feet wrap around his calves as she moved against him her arms and body doing most of the work as he stood there. Holding her tight as she moved, fingers digging deep into her skin bracing her with one hand, the other reaching around to play with her sex, lowering his head to the skin of her back. Running his tongue down her sensitive skin, taking it between his teeth and nipping gently as she moved against him. Her movements becoming more frantic as she tried to buck against his hand and his body. Hearing her breathing become deeper, more harsh as she neared her peak, opening his mind to receive hers, flooding him with sensations and visions. Him as the Wolverine in the stable, holding her down as he took her, feeling her excitement as he’d lost himself in her body, knowing it was her that was doing this to him. Her, Marie no one else, not even Damask, her mind showed him the possession she had on him, he was hers just as much as she was his.

The Wolverine rose to the stimulus, biting her shoulder he pushed against her taking over he growled into her body as he fucked her, his fingers becoming rough against her sex and hearing her writhe on him. Sweat making her slide down his legs a little as he pushed deeper into her. Listening to her whimpers as they became moans feeding his own as he felt her begin to clench around him, her back stiffening as he felt her grab him tightly. The muscle contractions sending him into a frenzy, holding her with both hands on her hips as he pounded into her from behind. Feeling control slip away as he came hard inside her, biting into the back of her neck, growling as the shock waves passed through them both.

Staying locked together as they both recovered, moving his hands he saw the deep red marks in her skin and he felt a pang of guilt run through him. Pushing back against him, making him gasp her head turned to see his gaze and the guilt in it. Unhooking her feet she moved and slid off him, her feet a little unsteady as she turned to face him. Her hand reaching up to his face trying to wipe away the guilt in his eyes. “I wanted this Logan. Don’t you dare try to take that away from me.” Reaching under the robe she pulled herself closer to him, snuggling next to his body under the velvet. Taking hold of the two sides he wrapped them around her, bringing her under his robe. Feeling her warmth running through him, body still humming with energy as her lips kissed his skin as he held her. Resting his chin on her head she squeezed him tightly, “I love you Logan, everything you are including The Wolverine.” Her face lifted to meet his gaze, “You forget I’ve had him riding around in here.” Her hand lifted to her head and tapped it gently, “You’ve never hurt me Logan, you’ve given me everything I’ve always wanted and that includes you.” The light in her shone through her skin and warmed him through, burning the guilt away with its heat. Forging them together again, feeling her safe within his arms and the small baby growing inside, kissing her deeply feeling her melt against him and his own body harden with her touch. “Want to unwrap another present huh?” Her fingers dropping down to grip his hardening member, “Well you’ll have to wait till tomorrow because I’m starving, seeing as I’ve used up all my energy for now.”
“Who said you’d be moving?” His voice deep as he wrapped her up in his robe, the velvet covering them both as he blew out the final candles around the room.
“Sounds lovely but I really could do with some food Logan, seeing as I tend to throw up whatever I manage to eat anyway.” Stopping for a moment he thought about it, something high in calories but not too heavy on the stomach. Remembering the shopping he’d seen Ororo put away a grin spread across his face.
“I think I know the perfect thing, we’ll have to make a pit stop in the kitchen though.” Her eyes lit up as he mentioned food, her mind quickly assessing what she knew was in there.
“Which flavour do you want? I’m not sure I’d like the brandy flavoured one.” He quirked an eyebrow at her and smiled as he knew she’d worked it out.
“Yeah me too, lets just go for the ordinary, less mess too.” His grin sending her into a shudder as she let herself be carried through the kitchen and upstairs.

Just before they entered their room he stopped and let her down so she was wrapped up in the robes warmth. “I love you Marie.” She looked into him and could see what he wasn’t saying, that he was thankful for the chance to be here with her. To have her carry his child, to have memories he could hold onto no matter what the future brought. That she brought him love without cost and brought out the best in him, even in The Wolverine which she accepted as part of him and therefore worth her love and trust. Smiling he just pulled her tighter to him as he opened the door, “Merry Christmas Marie.” Following her into the room he closed the door when they were both inside and wondered if custard would come out of velvet, well he’d let Ororo worry about that later. He was going to have the fun of finding out how it tasted when he poured it on Marie.


Christmas Day

Logan made it to the bathroom in time, retching into the sink he swilled the remnants of his stomach away. Marie was still asleep her face cuddled up to the blankets, looking at her small body he wondered again how he’d ended up here with her. He could hear the kids running down the stairs and his mind went back to last night, the presents in the rec room and his own particular present from Marie. The smile froze on his lips as he remembered that Marie’s dress was still down there, sliced in two. Snatching a look at the clock it read 7.30am, maybe he’d be able to get it before anyone else saw it. The last thing the kids needed to see was the dress that Marie had worn last night in tatters.

Flying into the Rec room he saw with horror that he was too late, kids were everywhere, toys were out on the floor, games were being played and everyone was doing it as loudly as possible. Even Bobby in the middle of it all having his hair brushed through by several children holding coloured dye pens. His eyes scanned the floor and he couldn’t see the dress anywhere, deciding to enter the room to have a better look he almost ran over Jubilee who was seated next to the doors. She quickly moved her legs out of his way and smiled as she saw him scanning the floor. “Looking for something?” Her voice was tinged with humour and he just turned his gaze to hers. “If it’s what I think your looking for me and Bobby put it under the tree, at the back. It’s all wrapped up so no-one will see it, although I don’t think Storm’s going to like it when she sees it.” Jubilee’s grin was almost as wide as her face and Logan couldn’t leave this as it was, she’d managed to get one over on him and it wouldn’t help his pride any if he left it this way. Standing over her he bent his head down to her and looked at what she was reading, a book on fashion design. His eyes met hers and he heard her breath hitch a little as she felt his bulk crowd over her. “How did Bobby like his present last night?” Her face coloured a little.
“I have no idea what your talking about,” he smiled and she saw the glint of pure mischief in it. Slowly moving he straightened up and looked over to where Bobby was and he made sure she could see what he was going to do.
“Oh Bobby,” hearing his name called he turned around to see Logan stood next to Jubilee who was a little flushed. “Jubilee just wanted me to know how much you enjoyed her present last night.” It took about a second for Bobby to go from pale to bright red and start to fend off questions from the children around him. He turned his face back to Jubilee and saw her mouth wide open, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Seeing the hurt in her face he regretted his joke immediately. “Hey I didn’t mean to…” She didn’t give him the chance to apologise, she just got out of the room and ran upstairs. Bobby watched her leave and saw Logan clench his jaw in frustration biting back a swear word, the kids were still around and he couldn't explode like he wanted to. Logan met Bobby’s gaze and he saw the hurt in him, Bobby just nodded back and carried on playing with the kids.

Why did things always go wrong? She’d tried so hard to keep things on an even keel with Bobby and now Logan was rubbing her face in it? How much had Rogue told him? She wanted Bobby so badly she could taste it and having Logan around didn’t make it any easier. He could just walk through a room and have every female in there on their back in seconds. He just oozed sexuality in the megawatt range, it had taken her a couple of days to stop her power’s sparking off everytime she saw him alone, surely Rogue hadn’t told him had she? Flicking through the last couple of days she quickly discounted that theory as she knew she hadn’t had the time. Tears were flowing now and she avoided the crowded area’s and headed for the library. No one would come for her there and she could calm down a little. Even if she did want to fry her best friend’s lover right now.

Logan went back upstairs and found Marie awake and in the shower, sighing he just sat on the bed and waited for Marie to come out. “What’s up? You look like someone just drank your last beer.”
“How long have Bobby and Jubilee been together?” Marie cocked her head to one side.
“Why?” He looked up at her with a defeated look on his face and she sighed. “Oh god Logan what did you do?”
“I remembered we left your dress in the Rec Room, all sliced up?” She nodded as he continued, “So I went down to get it and found the kids were already there, I went in and found Jubilee had already hidden it with Bobby’s help.”
“That’s a good thing yes?”
“Well yes and no.” She walked over and sat down next to him her hand brushing through his hair. “I upset her, I made a joke about last night on the stairs. When she was going to find Bobby.” Her hand froze mid stroke and she stood up, her body tense. “What? What did I do?” Marie turned around and he saw the look of uncertainty on her face, she was struggling with herself and her friendship.
“I can’t tell you why Logan I just can’t I promised her. But it’s something to do with when she was in care back in L.A.” He thought back to their conversation a few days ago in Rosie’s, about her not wanting to be left alone, about her confusion about whether he was attracted to her or not, remembering the fear he’d picked up from her. He’d put it down to her nerves at finding herself alone with him and not upsetting Marie, now it looked like he’d gotten it completely wrong.
“Marie is she still...” Her eyes met his and he saw the answer to the question.
“She told Logan but they didn’t believe her, she had to stay there until The Professor found her.” He felt as low as dirt but he had to know.
“Has Bobby, have they...” Marie just shook her head, tears forming now.
“No, he’s just being there you know, helping her. You can’t tell her I told you Logan she’ll never forgive me, only The Professor knows it all. That’s why she has sessions with him every couple of weeks, with him being away she’s been talking to me about a few things. Bobby and her got together after her unscheduled ‘field trip’ down to Rosie’s.” She let her tear fall and she wiped it away, “She was sweet on you you know, she didn’t tell anyone but she always stuck up for you when anyone said anything. It wasn’t just for me, she needed you around as much as I did.” She looked through him and he knew she couldn’t help him fix this he’d have to.
“Marie I’m sorry, it’s just that she always plays everything so carefree, especially around Damask.” Marie nodded.
“Yeah but she asks more questions than anyone else about her experiences Logan, she needs to know she wasn’t alone in what happened to her.” He gripped her hand and stood up.
“I fucked up didn’t I?” Wondering how much he’d changed over the last twelve months, to caring about the people around him, including those Marie cared about. Marie just nodded and let his hand pull her up into his arms.
“I can’t tell you what to do but at least you understand why she is the way she is now.” She could feel his guilt on him like a filthy covering, smiling she tugged his head down to hers. “She needs you ya big lunk, now go get her.” Giving him a long kiss she saw she warmth come back into his face, “It’s not your fault Logan, you didn’t know. Like Bobby and cows, it’s something you’ve not needed to know,” letting him go she went back into the bathroom.
“What about Bobby and cows?” She just laughed at him and he decided to try and find Jubilee before he ruined anyone else’s Christmas.

Jubilee was curled up in front of the fireplace, the small fire was comforting in the library and she just watched the flames eat the log she’d put in there. She’d managed to keep out of everyone’s way for a couple of hours now, her watch read 11.30am, nearly time for dinner. The large wing back chair hid her from view so she wouldn’t be found easily, her eyes looking out of the window and watching the snow fall outside. Snow, she’d never get used to it, she was a tropics person, needed the heat of the sun on her face all year round. Hence sat in front of the fire now and wanting to be miles away from where she was and who she was. Logan had hurt her, he couldn’t have known how but he had and it stung. She thought she’d managed to get a little ground under her with him obviously she had been wrong. Wishing she’d had the forethought to bring a drink with her when the can dangled in front of her nose. Blinking back tears she looked up into Logan’s face looking down at her. “I’m sorry kid, I didn’t mean to upset ya.” Her hand took the offered can and looked at it, it wasn’t soda. It was a vodka mixer and she just looked at it.
“Thought I was still an ‘almost’.” Her tone flat and cold, she saw him shrug his large frame.
“Hey it’s Christmas.” Nodding at the logic she popped the can and downed half of it in one slug. Sighing to herself as she looked at the fire, Logan still leaning on the back of the chair. He wanted to say something to her but he just couldn't start and Jubilee knew it.
“It went well last night didn’t it? The presents I mean, you made a kick-ass Santa.” He smiled at her letting him in with the conversation.
“Nah, Father Christmas. Not Santa he’s based on a Saint.” Lifting the can to her lips Jubilee took a smaller drink.
“Saint Wolverine huh?” Her mind thinking through the requirements for Sainthood. “Well you’ve completed two tasks of Sainthood already Logan. One brought someone back from the dead,” watching as she counted them off on her fingers. “Two you’re a protector of children and the weak and three….” She stopped to think about this one, “You manage to annoy or scare the shit out of almost every other man alive with just being in the same room as them.” Moving round to sit on the arm of the chair, staring into the fire, Logan looked at her furtively. Her face was calm but he could smell the tears she’d shed earlier.
“I do that huh?” She just nodded. “Don’t do it on purpose though. I can’t help it if every other man’s a jackass.” Jubilee just looked at him, the look of sheer disbelief across her face. She looked like she was about to burst into tears again when she just exploded into laughter. Her shoulders shook with the effort and he just watched as she sank into the chair in a fit of laughter. Grabbing the can out of her hands as she slid further into the chair, her feet almost touching the fire grate. “Careful there or you’ll end up burned. Mind you, you could always ask Bobby to chill em down for you if you do.” Her laughter came to a stop when he mentioned Bobby again and he saw the hurt return into her eyes. “I’m sorry about the comment I made in the Rec Room Jubilee, I had no right to say that. Your life is your own business. I’m sorry for doing it, it’d be like someone telling the kids what we did last night. Thanks for moving the dress, it didn’t occur to me till I woke up this morning.”

Jubilee was quietly mulling over what he’d said to her, here he was The Wolverine, one of the most dangerous mutants alive apologising to her for upsetting her feelings. For hurting her when he had no idea what he’d said that had hurt her. She looked at him and saw the gentleness that Marie had known about from the first time she’d seen him in the cage. His eyes met hers and she could see he really was sorry. “It’s okay Logan, me and Bobby aren’t what everyone thinks. He’s been really great about it all, I do want to be with him eventually, it’s just that it’s a little difficult for me.” He just looked into her face and nodded.
“Yeah, you just tell him if he ever hurts you I’ll gut him so fast he’ll flash freeze his own meat trying to hold em in.” She could see he was serious and it made her glow inside to know he’d do that for her putting his place here with Rogue at risk for her. Tapping the can he added, “Make sure you finish that before you come to dinner. Vodka don’t leave no smell behind Jubilee but it’s better to be safe than sorry eh?” He winked and left her alone again, letting her feel a little more wanted than she had before. Tipping the can to the snow falling outside Jubilee smiled, “Cheers Logan, Merry Christmas.”


Christmas Dinner

The table was set, the dinner itself would be fantastic if the scent was anything to go by and all the kids had washed up and dressed in their best. Even Hank had put on a shirt and tie, although it had raised a few eyebrows when he’d come into the dining hall with it on. Conversation was at a low hum as the thirty or so residents were gathered along the large table in the ballroom. Logan and Kurt had moved it into the room earlier in the morning and had left Jubilee, Bobby, Ororo and Kurt to sort out laying it while Peiter and Damask finished off the last few trimmings for the dinner itself. Logan had busied himself with the fires in the large room, making sure he’d piled them high with fragrant apple wood and pinecones. Their scents filling the large room and warming the air, which seemed to be permanently chilled because of the large wall of windows looking out over the grounds. As the first dish entered the room the kids cheered as it was set down, the rest of the food came out and was placed on the table. Dishes full of vegetables were placed in easy reach for everyone and then Peiter brought out the meat. Already carved the smell was turning heads and the plates were cleared quickly of the steaming meat. Logan managed to snag his share as it passed him, finding a small smile on the child across from him as he passed him the plate. “Thank you sir,” the comment floored him, the kid had just called him ‘sir’. It took Marie to give him a little kick under the table to bring him back out of his thoughts. He just watched as the kids got stuck in and listened to the conversations that were going on around him. Damask and Peiter were still feeding each other, Jubilee was sat across from Bobby and he was doing his best to make her smile. Even Kurt had made an effort to look normal by hiding his tail under a pair of baggy trousers but by half way through dinner his tail had managed to escape. The look on Ororo’s face had been priceless when his tail had stolen her fork

He’d never thought that just watching people eat could be pleasurable but it warmed something inside him as he finished his plate and saw the kids sit back and pat stomachs. He knew that the kids here in the ballroom didn’t have anyone else that cared for them, no one that wanted them anyway, so something like this was important to them. A meal that someone had prepared just for them, that someone had thought and cared enough about them to give them a present each. Looking around at the happy eyes and smiles he couldn’t say he didn’t share Xavier’s hope of a better future but with it came the knowledge that these kids had been abandoned by a society he’d be asked to protect.
The knowledge soured his stomach and Marie noticed his eyes darken a little. “What is it?” She put her fork down and rested her bare hand on his. He found her concern everywhere and he smiled trying to put her at ease but she knew he was faking. “Come on spill.” She squeezed his hand tightly.
“It’s just the kids, they look at me as if I’ve done something amazing. Hell all I did was hand out a present or two and go hunting for meat.” His gaze dropped to his plate and wished it could have been larger so he could’ve hid in it.
“Hey,” she shook his hand until he met her gaze. “You did do something amazing, you gave a damn when no-one else did. If you hadn’t been here I doubt we’d have had this meal here this year. That’s something to be proud of Logan, we’re proud of you.” Her hand dragged his down to her belly and placed it over hers.
“Yeah but what if…” She shushed him with a finger.
“Just enjoy it Logan, believe me there’s still pudding to go yet and the rest. The clean up is going to be enormous today and we’re all roped in on this one.” Smiling at her words he looked up in time to see Kurt bamf into the room holding a couple of trays filled with dessert which were quickly passed down the table. Conversations stilled as the food was eaten quickly, the contented happiness filling the room with warmth as the dishes were collected and taken away.

Everyone was still seated at the table, which surprised Logan a little, usually the kids just ate and ran this was something different. Ororo stood up and raised her hands for silence getting it almost immediately. “Now you all know that it’s our tradition to give thanks to those who’ve worked hard all year. This year is no exception although it is unusual as we have two recipients this year, not just one. But first I’d like to thank everyone for helping out today with dinner and Logan for providing the meat for our dinner.” Her smile reached him and he raised his beer in acknowledgement. “It’s time for our thanks to be shown to those who’ve brought us a little extra this year with their efforts and skills.” Peiter got up and opened a connecting door to a small office bringing out a small stack of presents. Logan watched the scene as the children who’d excelled academically this year were given something, even attendance records got a prize.

Noticing with a smile that everyone got something, no one was left out, even Paul got a prize a hand made fountain pen with ink. He caught the smile that was unused to being on his face and noticed his genuine gratitude. Ororo’s voice snapped his attention back to her, “Now for our two older recipients, the first is Jubilation Lee.” Watching as Jubilee got up from her seat and walked to the end of the table, her smile a little nervous. Ororo wrapped her arm around her shoulders and spoke to everyone. “Jubilee has been here for everyone this past year, things have been difficult but she’s raised herself to the challenges that have been put in front of her and she’s succeeded. A good friend to everyone and a valuable team member, her efforts earlier this year went beyond friendship and duty into love. So it seems only fitting that we return the commitment by offering you a place on the team and a permanent place here on the teaching staff, that is if you’ll accept it?” Ororo looked into Jubilee’s face and caught the tears that were being quickly wiped away. Smiling Jubilee just nodded and the room went into cheers, kids ran over to them both and hugged Jubilee for all she was worth. Marie smiled and let his hand go as she pushed out of her chair and went to congratulate Jubilee. The kids still excited and now having energy to burn Kurt’s voice echoed out above the din, “Snowball fights outside in ten minutes!” The room cleared in around a minute flat, leaving the few remaining adults to clear up the dishes that were left. Ororo was still stood at the head of the table, a half-smile playing on her lips. Picking up his beer and the few plates around him he walked down the table length to the doorway, smiling at his domestication she followed him into the kitchen. The dishwashers were stacked and full and were already on their first cycle, putting the rest of the dishes down he looked out of the window to see the first snow forts being built on the lawn. Ororo was next to him in a moment, “We haven’t finished yet Logan, there’s still one more present to give.” He looked at her sideways and saw her smile.
“Oh no I’m done giving presents Ro, all I want to do right now is go sleep off dinner. Maybe watch some hockey and get some peace.” He felt her hand touch his shoulder lightly and he knew he’d lost the battle already.
“It won’t take a minute Logan and it is Christmas, then you can do whatever you want to do I promise.” Her eyes sparkled with mischief and he knew there was something he didn’t know about going on, now he knew it was something his curiosity wouldn’t let him leave alone until he’d found out. Growling he shoved a cigar in his mouth and let Ororo take him out of the back door to the equipment shed. The cold air was a nice surprise and he felt the prickle of cold as it ran over him. She took out a key and controller and opened the large shed flicking on the light inside. A large tarp was in the centre of the shed and she just looked at him, “Go on, it’s yours.” Breathing in the scents of the shed he couldn’t find anything unusual in the room, just oil and metal as usual. Taking the edge of the tarp in both hands he threw the cover off, underneath was a custom bike. He caught the name ‘Orange County Choppers’ on the leather of the seat. The bike was almost pure black, it’s shine like a crows wing purple and blue in some light, black in others. His hands went over the curves almost reverentially, as if it was a living creature. The forks were sprung old style and he could see the chasing going up them, a pack of wolves running at full speed. The whole bike was understated but it’s details were there to be seen, the oil filter was a wolverine in adamantium, the petrol cap was a push button release with a wolf head in relief. The back fender had a winter snowscape on it with mountains in the distance, he recognised them as the ones he’d met Marie in.

There were so many little details on the bike, he took his time taking them in and Ororo had left by the time he tore his attention away from the bike in front of him. Marie was stood watching him as his gaze lifted, smiling holding her arms open to him as he pulled her to him and onto the bike. “It was Xavier’s idea, we’d been thinking about a Harley for you but everyone seems to have a Harley. Bobby was watching tv and found these guys, they make one off bikes and we thought you deserved a one off seeing as you are one.” Her fingers touched the handle bars tracing the little rows of ‘X’s’ that covered them, “It’s all yours Logan. He ordered it in June you know and it’s been in here waiting for you since November.” That answered his question, he’d always wondered if Xavier had felt him when he’d almost come home it looked like he had and had planned a little bribe just in case he hadn’t come back for Marie. He knew he had but it was a beautiful bike anyway and it suited him down to the ground. Small, strong, well built, not overly flashy but the thing was all in the details, just like him. “I took a trip to their workshop you know, so we got the design right. You in here came in very useful believe me.” She tapped the side of her head and grinned. “So you going to take her out?” He just held onto Marie and breathed her in.
“No, not yet. I’ll wait till the snow clears some then we’ll take her out. I’ve a nice warm seat and a hockey game to find. Fancy it?” Marie snuggled down into his arms.
“Sure why not, it’s not as if we’ve anything to do today is it?” Letting her go he pulled the tarp back over the bike and locked the shed again, just as he turned to go back inside a snowball hit him in the ear. Turning to the culprit he saw a small child hold a glove up to her green face, a look of terror etched across it. Scooping up snow as he ran across the field he took aim and let the snowball fly above the child and into another. Catching the little one he spun her around in the cold air and made her whoop with joy, putting her down behind a snow fort wall he got hit in the back of the head. Turning round he saw Marie wiping the snow off her hands and trying to look innocent. Grinning he scooped up more snow and slunk toward her, going slowly across the snow field, each movement slow and steady eyes never leaving hers. “No Logan, you can’t get me back I’m pregnant.” He cocked his eyebrow at her comment and rushed her, “Damn!” She almost made it before his hand caught the back of her jumper and the cold ice went down her back. “Agggrrrrhhh Logan!!!” She struggled in his grip, “I’m all wet and cold now you idiot!” The smile was plastered to her face and her eyes were bright.
“Good then I get a chance to warm you up then don’t I?” She caught his look and smiled as her hand wound into his hair.
“Okay but I want chocolate too, with marshmallows on top.” Laughing he picked her up and carried her back inside, being happy with the thought of having someone to spend many more Christmas’s with and the prospect of a baby to make next year even more interesting. Stopping just outside the entrance to the mansion he kissed her under the bunch of mistletoe that hung there. “Merry Christmas Marie.” Her face a little red from the cold but her eyes holding enough warmth to melt the Arctic. “Merry Christmas Logan.”
She thought a little as he carried her upstairs, “Next year is going to be different though, we’ll have someone else to share it with.” He just nodded and thought about the changes that had happened to him since he’d met up with Xavier and his X-Men.
He felt a little like old Ebeneezer himself, he’d been offered a chance to change things for the better and he’d grabbed it with both hands. He knew his future wasn’t perfect or safe but at least he wasn’t alone anymore, his mind going back to last night and the wolf in the forest. He’d found his pack and he’d defend them to the last breath he had in his body, he had young to care for. Letting Marie down from his grip he bent his head and kissed her again, knowing that life from here on could only make more good memories because she’d be with him. No matter who he became or what he found out about himself or what he did, she’d always love him and that was enough of a miracle for anyone.