Story Notes:
*WARNING* There's a lot of slash in this fic as well as hetro sex, along with a few darker aspects of fetish culture. If you're not comfortable with any of this please don't read these chapters. This fic explores the relationship between Logan/Wolverine as he's torn between both Marie and Hank. An adult attitude is needed to read this one and you know your own personal feelings on such things. It is a fic about their relationships and how it all works out to a happy ending but it's a long dark ride. So please, if you do read this one be aware of where your going with me. Thanks Jo.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie is pregnant, Logan's happy but things change again and Hank needs a little 'help' before he does something stupid.
Marie looked at the first scan of her baby and at the proud smile on Logan’s face. It was her first ‘real’ month of pregnancy and she was still throwing up in the mornings but then again so was Logan. He didn’t complain about it he just got on with what he had to do and that was mainly the construction of their new home.

January was blending into February now and she was getting restless, her urge to do stuff was beginning to annoy him especially as he wanted her to rest as much as possible. She’d organised a little trip for herself without his knowledge, a little girls getaway with Jubilee and Kitty, Storm knew and would keep him occupied while she snuck away to have a bit of fun for a few days. Her foot was well on the way to being healed and she wanted to get out and about, passing him the scan she broached the subject again. “Logan I need to get out a bit more, now my ankles healed up I need to start getting myself back on the training program. I’m getting flabby and I want to do something other than prop myself up in bed.”

His eyes took on a familiar leer and she slapped him for it, “Oh no buster that’s what got me like this in the first place and I refuse to be an invalid for the whole nine months of this!” He noticed that her face had gone red and her eyes were blazing with that look that meant trouble. He knew if he didn’t back up a little he’d have an all out war on his hands and that wasn’t something he wanted to have right now.
“Okay, okay you win. Just be careful Marie I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” Feeling him wrap his arms around her and hold her tightly his hands spreading across her belly.
“I’ll be careful, it’s not as if I’ll be doing anything strenuous is it? I mean all I’m doing is going to the mall with Jubilee and Kitty.” Sighing he let her go and got off the bed, looking at her face and realising that there was more to this than what she was saying.

“What’s going on Marie? Where are you going?” When she didn’t meet his gaze he realised there was something else going on under there that he didn’t know about and he growled at her, “MARIE!” Her face shot up to look at him and he caught the hint of a smirk on her face, “What have you got planned that your not telling me about? I’m not that stupid so spill it now or I’ll lock you in this room for the duration!” Her face paled as she saw he meant it, he hated being left in the dark and she knew it had been a risk to it this way but she rallied.

“Kitty’s parents have paid for a spa weekend for all three of us, me Kitty and Jube’s. A sort of congratulations and sorry for the ankle thing. I’m supposed to go tomorrow while you were out at the cabin but I knew you’d be mad if you found me gone again and I didn’t want you destroying the spa to find me.” She played with her hair and saw the disappointment cover his face. “I’m sorry Logan but you’ve been driving me up the wall keeping me like I’m a china doll. I’m pregnant not an invalid! Women have been pregnant for thousands of years and still managed to do stuff for themselves!” she almost missed his words they were so quiet.
“True but none of them were mine,” his eyes were full of remorse, but she could see the sense of his logic. She was his mate and he wanted to protect her but if he was like this now he’d be unbearable later.

“Logan I love you and I’d never do anything to harm the baby you know that. I can’t live like this, I need to move to get out and about. How would you like it if I kept you chained up in med bay?” The spike of anger in his gaze made her wince and she carried on, “Exactly Logan, that’s how you’re making me feel and I don’t want that. If you’re like this now what are you going to be like when I’m eight months along?” The sense of her words was filtering through to him as he finally got it into himself that she wasn’t going to break if she did stuff. That the quickest way for him to piss her off was to treat her as if she would, sighing he held her to him and kissed her.

“Go have fun and keep Jubilee from the pool boys I’m not sure they could cope with her.” Laughing she punched him on the shoulder and looked at him, smiling as she imagined the mischief Jubilee could get upto over the weekend.

********************************************************

She left the next morning and he felt his heart wasn’t really in the cabin today he’d go work out in the gym instead. Seeing Hank sat at a table in the rec room he went over and watched as Hank’s gaze drifted up him. Almost immediately Logan could sense the tension in him, shoulders were hunched over and the grip on the book in his hands was almost going through the cover.

“You okay Hank?” Seeing the tension in him and the deep swallow of his throat before he answered Logan knew something was wrong, something big. Bending down to his ear he just whispered in it, “Come on Hank, let’s get you working. You need to work off a little of this tension. Follow me will ya?” He saw the look of relief in his gaze as he put the book down and pushed out of his chair. Knowing Hank was following him out of the rec room and down to the lower levels.

Quickly checking the gym he found it empty and went to check the locker room, finding it empty as well. Seeing Hank enter and he pulled him away from the door and locked it, pulling the blind down across the small window in the door. Turning to Hank he saw the stress leaking out of his body, Hank’s frame almost shuddering with the effort of keeping it under control.

“Jesus Hank what’s wrong?” He didn’t answer him, only feeling the large hands grab hold and pull him into his embrace and heated mouth. Feeling the haste of his embrace, the desperation in each touch and the deep richness of his scent Logan just relaxed into it, after a few moments Hank managed to speak.

“I’m sorry I just couldn’t help myself,” his voice shaky, eyes red and water filled. His hands were still gripping his shoulders and Logan could feel the tremors moving through his hands. Reaching out to touch him Hank moved back as if he’d be burned by his hand, “Don’t touch me, please don’t. It’s hard enough standing up without being touched as well.” Tears were falling freely and Logan was trying hard to understand.
“What’s going on? Hank what’s happened? Have you done something, hurt someone? What is it?” His voice was getting a little angry as he could see his friend was in distress but couldn’t find a cause. Sniffing Hank met his gaze and let go of his shoulders, moving to sit on a bench he looked back at him and started.

“It was last week when I was dealing with the flu epidemic we had, coming out of the dorms I bumped into Marie, into Rogue. Since then I’ve been getting more and more twitchy, I can’t even sleep properly without thinking about sex. Everything reminds me of it, even food what I can bear to eat anyway. Nothing’s wrong, I’ve run blood tests and they’re all normal for me, I haven’t done anything different except for looking after Rogue. It’s the only thing I can put it down to, there’s something about her pregnancy hormones that are switching mine on. But I’ve been around plenty of pregnant women before and this has never happened to me before.”

Dropping his head he couldn’t see the obvious where Logan could.
“Hank, when was the last time you saw a pregnant woman apart from Marie?” He met his gaze and thought about it.
“About nine months ago,” Logan just smiled and nodded.
“So you weren’t like this then?” He just waved at his form and saw the slow dawning of the thing Logan was getting at come over him.
“Hank, your not all human anymore. Your instincts are driving you to find a mate, it’s coming upto Spring big guy. Your hormones will be through the roof, mine usually peak around March time but they start to get to me around midwinter. You need to fuck, simple as that.” The look on Hank’s face was almost embarrassment and he dropped his large head into his hands.
“Oh god, I feel like an idiot.” The tone running round the room making Logan smile as he walked over to him, sitting down next to his large frame.

“Hey if it’s any consolation at least you have someone to be with, it’s not as if you’re out in the middle of nowhere. When deer start to look good you’ve got to find someone, fast!” The tone of his voice was full of humour and Hank looked at him, about to ask when Logan just put his hand up. “Don’t ask Hank you really don’t want to know what I remember doing, I don’t have to and that’s all there is to it.”

Hank was thinking now his brain working on the problem, turning to Logan he spoke.
“How do you deal with it?”
“Well before Marie I’d just spend most nights looking for someone at the fights, usually there’s at least a small group of willing volunteers, then there’s the professionals. Never left without one or the other when I needed em Hank, too much trouble not to. Instinct’s a bitch when you ignore her.”

Looking at Hank, seeing he had his full attention he continued the story. “One time I was up in Regina, good circuit for fighting but not much for women. The ones that there were there were taken already and there’s a limit to even my tattered morals. A slow spring that was, plenty of money earned but my balls were as blue as your fur by the end of it. I made it to Saint Patrick’s day before I broke and just took off to the largest town I could, found a whorehouse and blew the winters earnings in two weeks. That was one time I wish I could remember but I’d gone too long and instinct took over, all I remember about it was waking up in April with a very annoyed madam kicking me out of her place. Several girls had left in that first week and I’d blown around 25 grand on sex alone, never mind food.” He could see the look of disbelief on Hank’s face and he smirked. “Just go to the Tacoma Hotel and see Miriam, ask her if she remembers me, bet you’ll get a punch in the eye for even bringing my name up.”

Putting his head down Logan just laughed at the thought of the damage he’d done to the place. “I even had Miriam. She reminded me before she kicked me out on my ass, said I’d just walked in slapped down the money and put the closed sign up in the window. Fucked her over the counter for an hour, best ride she’d ever had in her life. Think that’s what annoyed her really, went through her girls more than once but never touched her again. Yeah instincts a bitch when you ignore her, worse when you try to reason with her, just follow it Hank it’s easier.”
Logan watched as the story sank into Hank and the repercussions of what he’d done, “You mean you didn’t eat for the whole time?”
“Oh yeah I ate stuff, gods knows what but I was at least 20lbs lighter when I left and as poor as a church mouse. Whore houses aren’t known for food Hank not stuff you can put between bread anyway.”

Laughing he slapped Hank on his back and felt him stiffen under his hand, warm fur bristled as his fingers sank into it realising the error Logan turned to look at Hank and saw his hands knotted together. His breath was heavy and his eyes were tight shut, just a simple touch had him reduced to this, god knows what a student could do by mistake.

Stripping off his shirt and vest, he undid his boots and removed his warm socks, stuffing them back into the boots so they didn’t get lost. Turning his attention to Hank, forcing the large hands apart and gripped them in his own, opening them to stand in the gap between Hanks legs. Putting the large palms on his hips he ran his fingers up the strong forearms slowly. Making sure he tickled the skin at the base of the fur, hearing the deep rumble come from Hank, his head still lowered, seeing him pull back his lips to show his canines. Snapping his eyes open Logan could see their amber blazing at him, bringing his own animal to the surface. Moving forward with the movement of his fingers slowly travelling up his arms, tracing the muscle there feeling it twitch under his strong fingers.

Slowly making his way across the broad shoulders seeing Hank’s head rise as he touched his neck, seeing the desire burning in his amber gaze making Logan hard with it’s urgency. Hank could see Logan’s body stiffen as it reacted to his scent and he pulled Logan closer so his large head was just a breath away from his stomach. As Logan touched his neck, tracing his fingers along the inside of it Hank brought his open mouth into contact with Logan’s heated skin, purring through him as he tasted the flesh there. Hank’s large rough tongue flicking out across Logan’s body, feeling Logan’s hands lose themselves in his large head.

There was no need for words, no need to talk, this was all feeling, all emotion, all need. Logan concentrated on the sight of Hank as he licked and nuzzled the bare skin in front of him, feeling his large canines brush against him with each pass. Hearing his own groans of pleasure as he pulled at the large head bringing it upward making Hank stand. Hank was taller than Logan by a good foot feeling a shudder go through his body as he looked at Hanks large frame in front of him. Hank was purring as he cleaned him, his large hands had gone to his ass and Hank held him tight in his grip. When he reached Logan’s neck he pulled him roughly toward his own hips, feeling Hank’s erection already strong against him. Grazing the soft expanse of flesh on his neck with his teeth, Hank heard Logan’s breath halt for a second as he moved his tongue around the area.

The ache in Logan’s groin almost unbearable now he slid his hand under the elasticated waist of Hank’s trousers. Finding Hank’s large erection grasping it firmly, Logan sliding his palm down it, feeling resistance Logan removed his grip, licking his palm and replaced it. Hearing the satisfied rumble from Hank knowing he’d gotten it right, that he was doing his best to relieve the pressure for Hank.

Gripping him tightly Logan worked the ridged length feeling Hank’s hips pushing into the movement, the brush of Hank’s fur against his own skin exquisite. Snatching hold of the elasticated trousers Logan pulled them quickly down, “Need room.” Glancing down at the sight of Hank in his hand Logan couldn’t keep his own growls silent any longer, pulling Hank away from his skin he pressed his mouth to his and let go.

The feel of Hank’s strength was all around Logan as Hank grabbed the back of his head and held him tight as Hank ravaged the lips he’d given him. Feeling Hank’s large canines graze his tongue as each fought for dominance, Hank eventually winning as he held Logan’s neck in a crushing grip and growled deep into Logan’s throat. All the time Logan’s hand was working on him, bringing Hank closer to the release he needed, Hank gripped Logan tighter and he felt the denim tear as the claws sank into the covered flesh. Staring into Logan’s eyes Hank rested his head on Logan’s own, his body so close now, his scent deeper, stronger more rich firing The Wolverine inside Logan demanding him to reach his own peak. To release the pressure that had been building inside since he’d been kissed by Hank, from scenting Hank’s need for him.

Releasing his other hand from Hank’s fur he undid his own jeans, releasing himself with vocal relief. Hank watched as Logan leaned back a little as he undid his belt and buttons, his amber eyes narrowing when he caught the scent and sight of Logan’s own strained erection. Logan didn’t touch himself just moved himself closer to Hank and felt the soft under fur of his belly brush against the sensitive flesh. Breathing heavy now Logan just felt the spike of pleasure run through Hank as he felt the first twitches of his climax run through the large frame in front of him. Gripping Logan tight at the neck and ass Hank roared out as the huge rush of endorphins went through him. Head thrown back he released Logan’s neck from it’s vice like grip as his strength ebbed out of him through his penis. The hot stream of ejaculate burned Logan like furnace, scalding his skin wherever it touched, the shuddering roar filling his senses completely sending a frisson of fear running through him as he watched Hank bellow.

Logan milked every drop of pleasure from Hank and held him tight even after he’d begun to come down, dropping his head onto Logan’s shoulder Hank could see Logan’s own iron hard erection nestling in his fur. Watching as it twitched with each heartbeat that went through his body, dragging Logan closer to his fur Hank noticed the subtle movement of Logan’s hips as he nestled inside the warmth of his body. Purring as Logan shifted into the warmth of his fur, rubbing himself against the hard muscle he found there, Hank’s mouth attaching itself to Logan’s neck again. His rasping tongue firing nerves in Logan, causing him to let go of his penis and to grab Hank’s hips and buck into the deep fur there. Hank shifted his grip and cradled Logan’s ass as he fucked the warm fur of his underbelly, the growls and nips from him exciting Hank. Holding himself steady as Logan began to speed his own movements making him jerk hard against the sensitive fur Logan was holding onto making Hank growl.

The closer he got the tighter and more painful the grip, as Logan finally came the grip he had on his fur finally snapped Hank’s control. Hank bit down hard into Logan’s neck, his incisors slashing through the flesh as the pain became too much to bear, hearing Logan’s cry of surprise and pain as he bit but feeling his hips buck hard against him again. Feeling another smaller release come from Logan as he bit him, when Logan let go he finally released the flesh in his mouth and watched the wound close. Licking the skin Hank cleaned the area of the blood and damage, feeling Logan rumble with the sensation.

********************************************************

Finally releasing him from his grip Hank pulled Logan away to look at him, there was no regret, no anger just a quiet acceptance. Logan smiled warmly, kissing Hank lightly and quickly he walked away to the locker room and the showers in there. Not sure what to do for the moment Hank just stood there, his pants around his ankles and his fur beginning to stick up oddly. Logan poked his head round the doorway and spoke to the confused giant, “If you want some hot water you’d better come and get it, it never lasts long down here.” Seeing Hank look at him at last Logan came out from behind the doorway, he was naked and aroused his hand already stroking himself. A wicked leer was across his face and Hank felt his own groin stiffen as blood headed south, “We’d better share don’t you think? Save on water and we’ll have longer to get warm.” With a wink he was gone and the invitation was wide open, Hank didn’t even hear the trousers tear as he ran across the room to get to him.

Hank found him under a shower head, steam filling the room making everything semi hidden, pulling off the remnants of his trousers Hank slid up behind Logan and wrapped his large body around his. “Wondered when you’d get here, I’ve got an idea want to try it?” Hank just pushed his erection in Logan’s back, “I’ll take that as a yes,” Logan’s voice was almost a chuckle as he soaped up the front of his body out of the way of the shower. Turning around he pulled Hank under the water first to get him wet, then pushing his own warm wet slippery skin into Hanks sensitive fur. Watching as the large man rumbled with pleasure at the sensation as he moved across the huge expanse of fur.
It was something he’d never even considered Hank usually took baths because they allowed him to soak out the knots that occurred in his longer fur but this was bliss. The slide of Logan’s hands through the deep underfur as he cleaned each part of his body, working out the kinks in it, closing his eyes to the pleasure that seemed to be everywhere and nowhere. Just allowing himself to feel the rush that was heading for his groin and release.

He’d been on the receiving end of this more often than he’d like to admit but it did the job when nothing else would, the last time had been in Kansas. He’d been fighting all night and his body was still recovering from the damage it had taken problem was he also had a hard on that had been there just as long and was getting painful. His body had prioritised needs and that one had been way down the list, the woman who’d helped him out hadn’t been his usual type.

She worked at the bar he’d been fighting in, in her thirties or there about’s. Her accent had been strange to him until she’d told Logan she’d jumped ship from a cruise ship and ended up here after a few years. Time had weathered her here but she had something he’d been drawn to, something he needed, he’d offered her money and she’d refused it flat out. She asked where he was staying and had nixed the idea of being in a motel room, so she’d taken him home, her small home was neat, tidy and filled with ‘her’. It was all he could describe it as, things were pasted on the walls, art, cuttings from papers, postcards, pictures but it made sense to him. She was showing him her and he didn’t snort at it as he usually did when someone took him home.

She’d undressed quietly and quickly, taking his hand she’d led him to the bathroom. Turning on the shower she’d helped him undress and saw the damage slowly repairing itself, it didn’t phase her at all. She just accepted it and pulled him under the warm rain with her, she’d slicked her whole body with soap and had wrapped herself around him. Easing every muscle with her fingers, taking out the tension with her movements across his body, she didn’t even touch his dick at first but he’d come twice before she eventually did.

He could remember that night as a point of light in his darkness, she’d been everything to him for one night. They’d fucked, they’d been tender, they’d just held each other in silence, she’d only spoken once or twice and when she had it had been to ask him if he was okay. Her body was comfortable, well loved and lived in but it had been her laugh he’d always remember, he’d asked her for her name and she’d just shaken her head saying it didn’t matter. When he’d passed through five years later he’d wanted to find her but he didn’t know whom to ask for, so he’d gone out to find the small house. It had gone, nothing left but a small pile of rubble and a few faded postcards, smiling to himself he’d left with one of them. A bright blue butterfly on a red flower, he’d kept it in his truck until Sabretooth had managed to wreck it, but by then he’d been rescued by another angel, Marie.

Although he’d never forget the sight of that woman’s smile and laughing eyes as she’d crept up his body all slippery and shining, feeling his own erection bob at the thought of her. Pulling his mind back to the here and now he concentrated on Hank. Hank was lost to the sensations that were coursing through his body, it wouldn’t take much to bring him over and Logan slid a wet hand down toward his groin from behind. Logan didn’t even get to touch him before he saw Hank’s large hips move forward as he came into the warm water, grasping hold of his shrinking erection Logan cleaned it with his hand. Making sure he got every bit of soap out of the deep fur, Logan washed the rest of him, seeing the tension just flow away and down the drain.

Concentrating on Hank he never felt his large hand creep across his thigh and grasp him until he had him tight in his grip, the rough pads grazing his hot sensitive flesh. Almost falling into the grip as Hank began to slide his hand along him, making his fingers curl into his fur. “Look at me, Logan look at me!” Bringing his gaze upward finding the amber fire of Hank burning into him, holding him still with one large hand while the other brought him closer to the edge he’d needed to cross.

Closing his eyes to the amber gaze he brought her face forward, the woman who’d taken him in for one night, she’d expected nothing but what he’d been willing to give her. She’d taken a risk with him, she’d seen what he’d done in the cage all night but she’d still brought him home and welcomed him in. The memory of her touch across his skin brought him closer, her laugh and wild eyes reminded him of the fire in Hank’s own. She’d given him hope when he’d wanted to die, to give up being human, the rush of sensation was overpowering his mind as his body pushed toward the point of pleasure, of release. His mind frantically trying to remember something about her, to bring her with him but she slipped away into the recesses of his mind again, hidden until he needed her again.

Growling loud as he came over Hank’s hand, pushing hard into the grip snapping his eyes open to watch Hank lick his fingers clean as he released him. Breathing heavily Logan fell back under the warm water and let it cool his skin, washing the memory away with it. Hank brought him into his chest and hugged him tight, wrapping his arms around the huge bulk of him Logan smiled into his fur. Lifting his head up and pulling away a little he spoke to the large blue giant, “Next time Hank, come find me before you get this bad okay? Last thing we need is you going bear on us in the middle of a lecture.” He said it with a smile and he heard the deep rumble of a laugh go through Hank.
“Of course I will, the last thing I want is to make things difficult for you Logan. I’ll understand if you want to refuse my requests when I make them.”

Letting go completely, he looked at Hank the look of upset was etched across his face and in his scent too.
“What do you mean Hank?” His own tone a little cold now as he waited for the explanation.
“Well with Rogue being pregnant and her needs…” He left it open and Logan felt the twist of a knife in his words. He was letting him out of his offer to help him, the one he’d given him at Christmas.
“Hank I’ll still be HERE. All you have to do is ask me, when I say I’m doing something I do it. Don’t question it Hank, it just gets me angry.”

Prodding Hank’s large chest with a finger and a snarl on his face as he answered hurt radiating off him in waves, that Hank thought he was doing it because he made a promise. He was doing it because he wanted to, he needed him and he’d give what he could when he could, nothing more. Hank saw his mistake and dropped his lips to his, kissing him softly and feeling Logan’s hand wrap around his furry neck in response. “I’m sorry Logan, I didn’t mean to hurt you, it’s just that…” he found it hard to finish the sentence and Logan helped him.

“Yeah I know it’s not something I planned either but you need me and I can help. Damn maybe there’s part of me that needs you too; something I don’t understand fully myself either but I’m going on instinct here. As I said earlier, instinct ain’t wrong Hank and I’m just following it the best I can.” Hank smiled and hugged him close before letting him go to get dry, feeling much better and much more relaxed able to face the rest of the school now.

Smiling as he watched Hank get dry, the dedication he took over each small patch of fur helping him out on his back and they both left the gym better than they came in. Unlocking the door Logan slid the blind up and quickly took a look down the corridor, empty. Opening the door for Hank he watched as he tucked a hand around himself, covering his nakedness, the storeroom where his lab coats were was just down the corridor. Hank could dress himself and get back upto his room without feeling vulnerable. “See ya later Hank, don’t leave it so long okay, when it starts to itch it’s better to scratch once than leave it and take skin off later.” Smiling he walked away letting the door swing shut as Hank ran for the storeroom, picking up the shredded remnants of Hank’s trousers he dropped them in the trash bin and took out the bag. Better dispose of these himself don’t want anyone asking any questions about how it happened, a smile lodging in his eyes as he heard Hank close the door of the storeroom and walk past the gym.

Setting up the equipment in readiness for his workout Logan heard a laugh on the upper range of his hearing, stopping to listen he remembered the way her eyes had sparkled as she’d said goodbye to him. Seeing him off in the morning with a full stomach and a happy heart, a butterfly had landed on her arm, warming itself in the sunlight, its wings a powder blue. She’d watched him leave until he’d been a dot on the horizon and he’d felt her gaze still on him until he’d moved out of the state. Sitting on the weight bench he looked around the room, breathing deeply he found a scent of summer grassland waft through the room and a smile lodged itself on his lips as he spoke. “Never knew your name honey but I’ll always remember you. You’re something I could never forget, you gave me hope when there wasn’t any. An’ for that I thank you with all that I am.” The scent faded away from the room and Logan felt it’s loss, as if something had passed from him leaving a little corner of his heart empty but knowing it would be filled by Marie and their baby. Smiling he turned to the weights and started his regime, keeping a body this supple took work and Marie would be home in a couple of days. He wanted to see her face when he took off his shirts and saw her eyes flare as they always did after he came home from working out in the wood. He hadn’t felt like going out there today so this would have to do, concentrating on his workout he never noticed the little powder blue butterfly settle on the bag watching him until it grew hungry and flittered away.