Author's Chapter Notes:
Anne and Logan finish the quiz but not before learning a little more about her and what happened to her at the hands of those who dumped her. A little piece of mystery reveals itself and Hank seeks out Logan after a hard day and Logan gets his call from Marie...
Logan looked at Anne, her face was showing her thought processes and to be honest she had him there, there were times he hated humanity especially when they went on raids. Logan looked at Anne and decided not to lie, it would be hypocritical of him.

“I don’t always hate people as individuals, but I DO hate the faceless groups they hide behind.” Seeing if she understood his meaning Logan decided to elucidate, “When we go out to track down research labs and bring back the ones that could cope with living here. What happened to them did so at the hands of normal people, each person believes that they aren’t hurting anyone they’re 'following orders'. When in reality all of them are to blame, from the guard on the gate, to the one who fed em.”

The pain in his eyes showed some of the tiredness he felt, he never understood the plea’s of those they caught red handed doing things to the mutants they’d rescued. It’s all for science, all for the betterment of humanity, as if keeping someone half drowned and cold for nearly three days in a 3ft by 6ft tank would help anyone understand anything but torture. “Yeah you could say I hate but I don’t hate ‘people’, just what they do to us and everyone else for fun. We’re not animals and don’t deserve to be treated as such.”

Anne was condensing water vapour from a large log and her eyes were flicking upward to look at his occasionally, with one hand she wrote down his answer really carefully while concentrating on the vapour. The sound of the anvil ringing through the warm afternoon reminding Logan he had more work to do. Sorting the legs he looked at the off cuts and began making the pegs that would hold some of the larger structure together. Anne had finished this log when he heard the bucket move Logan turned to see her pick up the handle and take it outside. Her back straight and her face almost relaxed, when she returned Anne took the newly dried wood over to him and rested on the bench next to him.
Watching as he worked the wood on the bench, her eyes taking in everything she could, the way his hands moved over the fine grain, the little pegs he was shaving down and he risked a question himself.

“Who do you hate?” She didn’t flinch or look upset, only resigned as if it was something she’d never be free of, something she had to carry. Her gaze found his and Anne pushed herself away from the bench and sat back down, her fingers playing with the bark of the oak.
“My family.”

She didn’t say anything else, the darkness he’d sensed in her rose to the surface and for a moment he saw her as she was, a broken child with nothing left to hold onto. Her hand was brushing the small log and almost without realising it she was drying it out, her emotions sending her powers rocketing. Her gaze was somewhere else, some other time and she only noticed something was wrong when her hand crumbled into the dust that covered the top two inches of the wood now. She’d drained that much water from the log it had just turned to dust. Her hand was covered in the light oak dust yet she didn’t look surprised or upset, she looked resigned as if this was expected.

The farrier took that moment to walk in the iron jingling in his hands, taking a quick look over at Anne and the wood he smiled to Logan.
“So that’s your little kiln is it?” Anne’s face looked up into the dark hairy face that accompanied the voice and Logan saw a small smile erupt on her face. The farrier touched the oak that Logan had already cut, his rough fingers sliding up the grain and looking for dampness or any other sign of sap. Logan noticed and spoke, “Anne, show him, he won’t make fun of you I promise.” The word that reached them both made Anne blush and the farrier smile, Logan’s promises were like gold, once given they were guaranteed.

Her hands settled on a large log and she concentrated her powers, water began to trickle out of the large log, as if it had been poked with a sprinkler. Running her hand along the length Anne forced the water out in one fell swoop of her hands, the effort making her sweat as she finally finished the log. Seeing the pool of sap on the workshop floor Anne moved to clean it up but the farrier stopped her. “Watch lass, don’t touch anything and stay still.” A small bee arrived in the workshop, landing on the floor it quickly found the sweet sap, it didn’t stay long but flew off with purpose out of the workshop. The farrier’s face was a picture and both Anne and Logan were taken aback when he reached out to them both and pulled them outside of the workshop.

“Somehow I don’t think you want to be inside when the rest of them get here.” As if on cue a swarm of wild bees descended from the sky, Anne made to run but the farrier held her steady. “Stay still lass and they won’t see you, you’re too big; besides they're not here to harm you, only to feed.” The entire swarm descended to ground level and began to drink the sweet sap, nearly twenty thousand little brown bodies drinking the sweetness that lay on the workshop floor.

It seemed like hours but it could have been minutes in reality, the little brown bees, took off in groups. Leaving the floor clean of sap the final bee making a direct line to Anne, brushing its wings against her cheek and turning back into the sky. The farrier’s voice ringing in her ears, “You’ve made some friends today lass, just leave whatever you force out of wood for them and you’ll be surprised at what they can do for you.” He gave a wink to Logan and went back into the workshop leaving the two of them outside.

The moment had passed and Logan felt as if he’d been watching something beyond anyone’s control, as if nature itself had revealed something to him, like the wolves that lived on the north ridge. They’d shared something with him when he’d needed it and Anne had just had the same thing, he looked at Anne and he nodded to the workshop. Smiling she followed him back inside.

“Did you know that bee’s are all female lass?” The farrier was already fixing the long supports to the wooden legs Logan had made, his eyes finding Anne’s and holding her gaze. “They have a queen but no king, a sisterhood all working together for the benefit of all. They pollinate almost everything around here including the trees, wild bee’s are small but their stings hurt the most.”
“But don’t they just sting everything?” Anne’s voice was almost reverential in the quiet workshop as if what had happened was a dream.
“No lass, they don’t. Wasps sting to kill food and they have lots of sting, bee’s sting once but they die for it. When a bee stings it has no other choice and it’ll die when it has, they do it survive nothing more.”

His blue eyes meeting Anne’s forcing the point home to her, “Which are you lass? A wasp or a bee?” Sending a quick look to Logan he nodded in Logan’s direction, “He’s a wasp, me I’m a hornet, no particular place but I’ll sting if I have to, don’t like to but I can. And you?” Anne gave it some thought, the little brown bodies all working together, a huge mass of females all co-operating, all living together. Each one the same and valued as the rest, only the queen ruling the swarm, everyone had it’s purpose, its job like the little scout who found the sap first. Meeting their combined gazes Anne answered.
“I think I’m a bee, not a queen yet but I will be.”
“Good answer,” the farrier laid the last leg down on the bench and looked at the assembled metal parts.

“Well Logan I’ll be going. Got other places to visit and horses to see to so I’ll be seeing you. Give my regards to your wife when you see her.” He put a hand on Logan’s shoulder and added, “You can look at it when I’ve gone,” winking he went to pack his things away in the battered pick up he had. Logan’s fingers went to the back pocket of his jeans and felt the small coin there, pulling it out he watched the farrier pack up. Holding it tight in his hand until the pick up had left the grounds, Anne had been quiet watching Logan as he’d rested his hand on the iron fastenings. Seeing him open his hand and look down into it his face frowning as he did so, curiosity getting the better of her Anne walked over to have a look at what was causing him so much confusion.

The coin was small and silver, worn on the edges a figure bent over a anvil with one damaged leg faced upward toward them both, the afternoon light making it take on a golden hue. Turning the coin over a wild bee was on the other side along with a hive, looking at Anne Logan felt the floor go out from under him. Flipping the coin back over Logan spoke, “Come on we’re going to the library.” Anne nodded and followed him, her assignment forgotten this was much more interesting.

*********************************************************

Logan had seen this before, he’d been mooching around the bookshelves for something to read one night and he’d come across a book of myths. They were tales of faith and fable, things that people had once believed to be fact, going into the library he went to the shelf it was on and found the book was missing. It wasn’t there, turning to Anne he explained what the book looked like, she went off to check the shelves. Scanning around the room Logan took a deep breath and found they weren’t alone in here, a scent he remembered from the other day, Katherine. Breaking off his search for the book he sought out her scent in the room, he found her in a wingback chair, the book he needed in her lap.

“Katherine?” Slowly she lifted her face to him and smiled, turning the book toward him, on the page was a picture of a lame smith. Working at a small forge next to a lake with a swan on it, the title of the picture ‘Wayland’s Forge’, the text large and easy to read.
It told of the love between a craftsman and a faerie woman, she gave him skill to make anything he desired and he used it to fashion beauty for her. A king heard of him and kidnapped him, made him make beautiful things for him and when he refused; tortured him and hamstrung him time after time for escaping, each time he never gave up being free. Eventually his wife found him and took him home, she cast a spell on him so he would always be free to travel but he could never return home. The place had been tainted by man so she could never take him back there, they kept their bond alive by using the bees who took messages to him.

Next to the text was a small picture of a silver coin, one side had a crippled smith, the other a wild bee and hive. A picture of the coin Logan held in his hand, Anne joined him when she saw him talking to Katherine, her eyes widening when she read the text. “But that’s saying that that was…” Logan didn’t say anything he just flew out of the library and onto his bike.

*********************************************************

He found the pickup truck in a small diner’s car park, pulling in he looked for the dark haired man and found him sat alone at the back of the restaurant. Smiling he patted his bulging pocket glad he’d made a quick detour into the study. Opening the diner’s door Logan walked down the dingy booths until he saw the bright blue eyes meet his and a smile spread across his face. “You took your time Logan, thought you’d have looked at it before I left.” Logan shook his head and smiled.
“What fun would that have been, Wayland?” The name making the man across from Logan smile.
“It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that name Logan. I’ve got so many, living as long as I do you get called everything eventually.” Logan could still smell the iron of the forge on him as if he were made of it and he wondered what Magneto would think of him. “He couldn’t touch me. I could hurt him but he couldn’t harm me. I *am* Iron Logan, like your part steel.” His rough hand pointed to Logan’s chest, “In time you’ll learn how to control it like I did.”

A silence grew between them and Logan allowed it to, he’d never felt uncomfortable with the farrier, with Wayland, Logan corrected himself.
“What are you?” Wayland smiled as a woman came by with coffee and refilled his cup and brought Logan a mug, Logan’s attention on the man in front of him.

“Not sure myself anymore, I’ve lived nearly everywhere on the planet over the years. I still see my wife occasionally but it’s been around a hundred years since now.” The sparkle in his eyes made it hard to believe anything he said. “I know it’s hard to believe Logan, I don’t believe it myself half the time but it’s what I am and there’s nothing I can do about it. A normal man once who fell in love with the wrong woman, given gifts beyond measure and tortured like an animal for it.” His blue eyes darkening as he moved his crippled leg, “Times were harsher then Logan, even with everything else they can do to you; it was nastier then because they didn’t hide what they were. They did it because they could and anyone who said no died because of it, you have a chance with the ones you care for. A place that keeps them safe from it all, like I had before they came and destroyed it all.” A darkness filled the eyes of the man in front of him and the light dimmed around them, as if he was sucking out the life of the world, his voice deepening and filling Logan’s world.

“To see them kill your children in front of you, to pierce your wife with swords and rip her apart knowing they cannot kill her but harm her so she cannot follow. To be blinded so you have to work in darkness, cut by bone blades so the wounds wouldn’t heal, to be broken when the thing you made wasn’t the right shape or colour. To be held in darkness for three generations until my wife found me the broken man I was, beaten abused and tortured every day, the only peace when I was creating something to amuse them.” The weight of his words dropping deep within Logan’s own heart, finding something in common with the man or god in front of him.

“I exist that is all I know, I travel the world doing what must be done. She found me with a bee, a small little bee that flew into my dark cell, like the workshop today. She found me and took me home, home was a sourland by then, no longer a refuge it was a dump for mankind. There was no home anymore.” As if sensing the need Logan pulled out the bottle he’d been carrying and opened it, the smell of whiskey pervaded the air as he poured it into the mugs in front of them.
“Not Welsh, but close, Irish.” Wayland smiled and drank the hot mix.
“Ah I’m not complaining, we taught them everything they needed to know anyway.” Drinking his mug dry Wayland moved to go, Logan’s hand rested on his arm for a second making him meet his eyes.
“There’s a place for you with us.” His face open and honest, knowing that he should offer help to someone who’d suffered more than he had. Wayland just smiled and looked sad as he shifted out of his grip.
“I know lad, but I can’t stay still. I’ll visit when I can but you’re the only one’s who know my name. Not even Charles knows who I am, I don’t think he could handle it, myths are fairy stories they’re not living people.” Pulling himself out of the booth Logan pushed the whiskey into his hand.
“Drink for our health and I’ll see you when the baby comes. It’s good luck to have a smith around.” Wayland smiled and a rich laugh sounded out in the small diner.
“That’s a sweep isn’t it Logan?” The twinkle in his eyes making the joke sweeter.
“Don’t know any and I trust you.”

The words taking them both by surprise, Wayland taking hold of Logan’s forearm and gripping it tightly. His own hand copying the action, feeling a warmth settle through him as he did so.
“The Clasp Logan, something I haven’t given in more years than I care to remember. I’ll be there for her birth, if not the bees will be, they’ll tell me.” He let go of him then and the warmth went with it. “Be seeing you Logan and remember the last nail is for her, keep it safe and she always will be.” With that he left the diner, carrying the whiskey and Logan’s confusion with him, not sure exactly what he was or who he was Logan just knew he ‘was’.

Was someone he wanted to keep with him, a good memory; someone who’d made it out alive and gave hope as he travelled, a final wave from him and Wayland was gone. Throwing down a twenty on the table Logan made his way home, remembering he still had two questions to answer from Anne. He also had to talk to Katherine, she’d known what he was looking for and he was going to find out how. Twice she’d given him something he’d needed to know, somehow that disturbed Logan on some level. As if she could read his intent before it happened, if she was a psychic he was going to have words about it, strong words.

*********************************************************

Anne was still in the library with the book in her lap when Logan walked in, dinner had been and gone but she’d been engrossed in the book. Katherine was nowhere to be found, it was as if she’d just dropped out of sight. He had Bobby looking for her as Logan found Anne, determined to finish what he’d started with her earlier that day.

Sitting opposite her in a chair coughing quietly, seeing her eyes drag up off the page and meet his openly. “Did you know he was one of the original creator gods? The one who gave man his weapons, ‘He Who Armed The Gods’, every culture seemed to have him and he was always lame or a hunchback or had one leg.” She let her information sink into him and Logan wondered about the conversation they’d had about the metal in his arms. That they were part of Logan and always had been, just the form of them had changed as had he. He was no longer an animal he was human and so he had control over them.

Anne continued, “Although I like the Welsh story best, it’s the one where he was rescued by his wife when he was at his lowest point. She sent her bees to distract the guards and hurt them while she made off with him, turning Wayland into a swan with her and they flew away never to return.” Anne turned the page and showed Logan a carving of a man with a lame leg and a white horse stood by the side of him. “There’s even a place in England called Waylunds Smithy, they spelled it different because it was the Vikings who named the sacred place. Katherine told me about it, her family used to camp there before she was brought here.”

Her face was full of wonder as she struggled to comprehend exactly what had happened today, “Logan was he really…”. She didn’t finish her sentence because she didn’t want to sound stupid or childish, but Logan knew part of her was hoping he’d tell her he was. Meeting her gaze head on he answered her the best way he could.
“I don’t know and to be honest neither did he. He did say one thing though,” Anne was focussing all her attention on him. “He’d suffered a lot at the hands of people over and over again for how long no one knows but he doesn’t hate them. Maybe that’s why he came here, to show both of us it’s time to move on, like he did.”

Picking out the coin from his pocket he handed it over to Anne, it’s silver surface catching the light and sparkling. “Keep it, I don’t need it. I’ve got enough metal in me to remind me of him.” Anne closed her palm around it and her eyes clouded with tears, her scent spiking with sorrow.
“What happened to him Logan?”

Moving forward Logan looked around to be sure no one else would be listening to them, he didn’t want anyone thinking he was losing his mind. Meeting her glazed eyes he was reminded of the day last year when he’d caught her crying in the window seat.
“He suffered for his skills, his gift’s, like we do now. Except they tried to keep him when he belonged to himself and his family.”
“He had a family? The story doesn’t say that it only says about his wife.” Logan took the book away and closed it.
“Well books are like reporters, they only tell you what they think you should know.” He saw Anne’s face harden at that and she understood what he was saying. “He lost everything, his children, his wife all because someone wanted the gift he had, wanted to use it for themselves.”
“Like what happened to Rogue?” The words struck a chord in him and Logan stopped for a second, realising exactly what Anne had hit on and it washed through him. He’d been on both sides of the coin, the one to be rescued and the rescuer and Wayland knew that.
Smiling Logan nodded to Anne. “Yeah, just like that.” Anne just sat back and thought a while, tears silently falling, her body not showing any signs of upset apart from the tears.

“I hurt someone.” Logan saw the darkness in her opening up and he knew whatever he said next could ruin any trust she had in the people around her so he just waited for her to continue. “It wasn’t an accident, I did it on purpose. I killed someone on *purpose*.” Her head was hanging down now, hiding her face from him, her body wrapping itself up as she pulled her feet off the floor. Keeping his breathing steady he just waited for her, she’d tell him what the next move was. Anne looked at him, her gaze calm and steady but it held so much hate it made him growl with its force, hearing the small growl she looked away out into the darkening garden.

“No one knows, not even the Professor. All they know is that my family dumped me at an orphanage and I met up with Rebecca there, no one even asked why I was there.” Her tone speaking volumes about the way the school just seemed to hoover kids in, try to settle them as soon as possible then figure things out later. Leaning a little further forward Logan spoke to her.
“What happened?” Anne’s gaze stayed on the garden but her mind was somewhere else entirely, her voice almost soft as she spoke, but underneath was a harsh streak cruel and cold.
“It was normal you know, well normal for my family. Dad would work nights, mom days and Rob would look after us, me and my sisters. Coal mining isn’t a good thing when you’re coming upto 45 and overweight, dad got sick and drank to forget things. Thing was he never forgot how to make a beating look like you’d fallen.” The words were pure hatred as they fell out of her mouth, her pain becoming thick in the air.

“You killed him?” Logan took a chance and found he was wrong quick enough, Anne was shaking her head and her smile was one that didn’t reach her eyes.
“No, no I didn’t kill him, he’s still alive somewhere out there, with two useless legs and a body that just can’t kill him fast enough. No I killed my mom.”

Her breath was in gulps now and her whole body was shaking, looking up toward the door Logan could hear footsteps approaching and he didn’t want them to come in here. Quickly he went over to the door and locked it, moving back to sit across from Anne again, her face had followed his movements and she seemed a little upset about what he’d done.
“If you want to leave Anne just get up and go I’m not going to stop you.” Hesitant at first she shifted in her seat and decided against moving.
“No I want to tell you. I hate them for letting me take the blame, for making everything my fault. Rob wasn’t supposed to be there, not in Jemima’s room.”

The knowledge of what that meant slid over him like tar and pulled on his own darkness, raising Wolverine to the front of his mind, letting him hear everything; sense everything coming from the girl in front of him. Soaking it into his own darkness, as if Wolverine could sponge it away from her so it couldn’t hurt her anymore. Anne was getting hard to understand now she was crying so much, “I never meant to hurt him but he was hurting Jemima.” Anne looked at him and she smiled warmly, “She looked like Becca, all smiles and pretty eyes. She did until Rob had finished with her, I didn’t notice at first, too much to do, looking after the house, feeding everyone else. He woke me up as he passed my room stinking of dad’s beer and I heard her crying, heard her asking him to leave her alone.”

Her gaze became like ice and her voice dropped into subzero territory, “Know what he said to her? What he said to his eight year old sister?” Logan didn’t respond, he daren’t move or even think about it just yet he was so wound and she hadn’t even finished. “He told her it’s was okay, Momma said so; cos’ she was tired and she didn’t want *me* to have to deal with him as well as run the house.” Logan concentrated on his breathing, trying to clear his mind of everything, of trying to be here in the room instead of back in her memories where she was being held responsible for the rape and abuse of her sister.

“I went in, I pulled him off her and beat him with the broom handle, it broke on his back and I cut him up bad. Momma came in and started screaming at me, Jemima was gone, he’d done something to her that I couldn’t help her with. She slapped me then, called me an ‘ungrateful little whore’ because she’d sent Rob to Jemima instead of me. She asked me how Rob was going to work now I’d hurt him, now that dad was ill we needed all the money we could get. How could I be so selfish, it wouldn’t hurt her and we all had to learn sometime; why not with someone who *cared* for her.”

Anne’s gaze found Logan’s own blank stare taking everything in, seeing the darkness reflected in him and seeing his own hate pushing up through his skin. “Someone who cared for her, a nineteen year old boy with less sense than a fence post.”

Dropping her gaze back out to the garden Anne continued, “I just lost it I guess, I was so calm, like the world was so very far away and I could see my hand stretching out to her face. She was still screaming at me when I touched her the first time, she stopped after she felt the wrinkles I’d put in her face. Rob was out cold and Jemima was lost in her own little world and I felt so much hate for her, for leaving me to deal with everything, with everyone. She had time out, time away and I never even got to go to school anymore, just work. So I grabbed her and held on, the blood covered everything Logan, it was like a slaughter house that room.” Anne’s eyes were wide and her scent was full of sorrow and self-loathing, she didn’t blink as she stared outside. “I killed her and I wanted to do it Logan, I’m not what they think I am. I killed her, I killed my own mom.”

The bright coin in her hand caught the light for a second and Logan surfaced again, pushing the Wolverine down he gently reached out to Anne’s jean covered knee. “Hey,” Anne didn’t look at him so he did what his instincts were telling him to do. Getting up he pulled Anne out of the chair and to the large windows, the darkness outside making them like mirrors reflecting the soft light in the library. “Look at yourself.” Anne kept her head down and her posture screamed at him to leave her alone, he was out of his depth here and he struggled to find a way through to her. Popping his claws he held them under her nose for her to see and he heard her small intake of breath as she had a close look at them.

“Touch them, on the backs, they're not sharp there.” Slowly Anne touched the blades, feeling the warmth that radiated from them.
“They're warm.”
“Yeah like me,” Logan found her gaze in the reflection and stood behind her his bulk seeming to loom behind her. “You know when I said I’d only save those I care about? The question from earlier?” Anne nodded and he saw the pain of his answer go through her, “I lied. I was pissed off at Cyc for giving you a psych test and asking you to do it. I thought I’d fuck with him but I didn’t know I’d hurt your feelings. I’m sorry for doing that.” Her gaze dropped to the floor and he felt her anger raising, Logan thought he’d blown it until he heard her mumble.

“I’m going to kill him, he lied to me, he tricked me, he USED ME!” The last part of the sentence shouted out into the quiet room. Logan let her calm a little before he spoke again.
“Who tricked you? Cyc?” He couldn’t see Cyc doing this he’d been up front about his work with the students always telling them exactly what he needed from them. Anne shook her head.
“No not Mr Summers, Micheal Harris, he gave me the paper from Mr Summer’s desk. I was the last one in and Mr Summers had already started talking. Micheal had told me there was a paper we had to do for our next lesson, I feel so stupid! I put you through that for nothing, I hurt you so I’d look an idiot the next time I went to class, so he could laugh at me.” Her anger was redirecting itself at her own inability to see past others tricks and games, re-running the words she’d just uttered Logan latched onto what she’d said.

“Hang on a moment, who said you’d hurt me?” She didn’t answer him straight away and he lifted her chin from behind so he could see her. His eyes speaking volumes for him and he watched as Anne began to blush she pulled herself away and sat back down in her seat. The notepad next to her she picked at the cover, not seeing Logan sit back down across from her.
“You didn’t like doing it did you? I mean we all know you don’t like being questioned or having your life pried into.” Anne met his gaze for the first time, “I was surprised you said you’d do it, I mean it’s not as if you don’t do enough as it is for us all.” Leaning back Logan softened his features and let himself lose himself in the conversation.

“Really? What do I do that’s so important round here?” Anne was getting embarrassed now and he could see her trying to put herself somewhere other than in a locked room with him, even if it was the library.
“Well you teach us how to look after ourselves for one.” He nodded and added, “Yeah I heard you moaning about it to Rebecca.” That earned him a blush and he smiled at it, “Thing is though The Prof could get someone else to do it, not as good as me but competent enough to keep you all alive. So if that’s it, then its not much is it?”
“There is more.”
“I’m all ears.” Anne shifted forward now and he watched her blush fade as she thought about it.
“You make us feel safe when you’re here, everyone knows what you did when the soldiers came. How you did as much as you could to make sure the rest of the kids got away, you even gave up something you needed to make sure Rogue was safe.” He knew the tales had been exaggerated a little but it didn’t make his ego swell, the death toll at his hands had crept up to around twenty when it had been around twelve. He didn’t want them to think he was a maniac but he wanted them to know he could defend them if need be. He looked at Anne as she realised that he’d been telling her the truth about pulling her leg with the question.

“You wouldn’t leave us would you?” Logan just shook his head slowly moving forward until he was about a foot away from her.
“No I wouldn’t, just like you wouldn’t kill someone again unless you really had to. You’re not a wasp, you’re a bee,” grabbing the tiny coin he pressed it into her palm with the bee facing up. “Remember who told you that Anne, you don’t need to be a wasp with me around here.” Closing her hand on the coin he let her go, sitting back seeing what he’d said sink into her. She’d killed yes but then so had he for the same reasons, it couldn’t be fine for one and not the other.

“You had no choice, you did what you thought was best at the time; it doesn’t mean you’re like it now. Does it?” Anne shook her head and her stomach growled, finally realising it had missed dinner, “Come on lets get some food. I still need to find Katherine yet, she’s beginning to worry me.” Anne looked at him oddly, “What?”
“You’re beginning to sound like Ms Munroe when she does the student counselling.” Stopping in his tracks he quickly looked around the room and whispered to Anne, “Let’s keep this between us okay?” Seeing Anne smile and recover herself a little he opened the door to another student standing there about to come in. Anne’s face turned black as she saw who it was.

“Hello Micheal.” The tone was one of pure malice and he didn’t even realise it, he was too shocked to see Logan standing in the library with Anne. “I’ve just finished the paper for Mr Summers class tomorrow, Mr. Logan helped me with it. I hope you gave me the right one because some of the questions were a little weird.”

Logan kept quiet and a very blank stony gaze on the young man in front of him, “I was really surprised when he said he’d help me out but I was really on my last legs. I hope Mr Summers doesn’t ask for the person we asked, who did you do yours with?” The scent that was pouring off Micheal was pure fear as Logan moved forward, toward the doorway Micheal dropped his books. Anne bent to pick them up but Logan grabbed her elbow, “Go get some dinner *I’ll* help Micheal.” Logan didn’t smile and Micheal noticed as Anne smiled and pushed past them both. She stopped halfway down the hall and called back.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Mr Logan at the workshop? There’s still a lot of wood to do before the projects finished, so if it’s okay with you?” Logan just nodded and Anne left them alone in the corridor, slowly Logan picked up the fallen books and opened the door wide to the library. His tone was even and cold when he spoke to the young mutant in front of him, “Get in here.”

Micheal moved fast and the library door closed quietly behind him, keeping his hand on the door Logan turned to see Micheal shuddering in the room. Knowing he was causing him to feel afraid Logan pierced him through with his gaze and Micheal flinched as Logan moved toward him. Stopping about three feet away Logan crossed his arms and made sure the knuckles of both hands were pointing upward. Micheal’s eyes were locked on his knuckles and Logan knew Anne had been set up, “Did you finish the test?”

Micheal shook his head and swallowed, “It was a joke wasn’t it? You wanted her to look stupid didn’t you?” Micheal hesitated and caught the low growl from him before answering, the boy’s voice a little high and reedy.
“It was a joke, I didn’t mean anything.” Logan moved closer to him and the boy actually whimpered, looking away and down making Wolverine smile as he recognised the submissive behaviour.
“Where did you get it?” Micheal didn’t look up as he answered.
“From Dr. Grey’s office. I snuck in after she left, it was on top of her 'in' tray.” Logan nodded to himself and he could rationalise why it had been in her office, probably Cyc trying to find out what’s going in with her mind.

“Why Anne?” Micheal’s scent changed, from fear to embarrassment. He liked her but he didn’t want anyone to know he did, so he’d picked on her. This was one problem Micheal would have to learn on his own, Logan just dropped the books on him from one hand. Struggling to catch them Micheal had to look at Logan, seeing the fear on his face as Logan became close to him. “You tell her before class and I’ll forget about the things *I* had to tell her to answer them. If she hates you that’s your problem.”

Logan moved away and heard the books fall to the carpeted floor, holding the door open for himself he called back to Micheal. “By the way you’re on early rotation for security for the next *year*, four in the morning till eight and I ‘will’ be checking on you. Just because you can’t see me, don’t mean I ain’t there. See *you* later.” The small strangled choke that came from Micheal warmed Logan’s heart, that’d do his reputation no harm at all and it’d give Micheal a new perspective on life especially when he realised who he’d be partnered with. Peiter loved the early morning patrol, he got to do some exercise and think before everyone else was up. If Micheal thought he was intimidating he’d be in line before long with Peiter with him every day, smiling at his own skill he went down to the kitchen to find himself some dinner.

*********************************************************

He’d just finished the steak sandwich he’d piled together from the remnants of the leftovers and had a cold beer in his hand when Scott walked in. Noticing the tension that was running through the younger man as he searched the freezer for something, even now he couldn’t help but tease him. “What you looking for? Someone eat all your ice-cream?” The shoulders buried inside just stopped moving for a second and Logan knew he’d hit a nerve, Scott grabbed hold of something and pulled it out of the freezer. The blue label of the bottle was covered with frost and it looked like it hadn’t been out of the freezer for a long time. Without even looking Logan’s way Scott took down two glasses from the cupboard above and picked up the bottle, stopping at the kitchen door Scott half turned to Logan. The gesture one Logan had begun to recognise, it was an invitation but one he could refuse if he wanted to. Curiosity got the better of him and he pushed out of his chair, draining his beer quickly, Logan followed Scott outside into the warm evening.

The bottle was open and the glasses were already frosting with the cold vodka that was in them, Scott didn’t speak just handed a glass to him. Seeing the red flush on his cheekbones Logan knew Scott was upset, they’d come to a sort of mutual understanding over the last few years. They both had problems with certain parts of each other but mainly they could work together without killing each other now. So this was a little unusual but overall Logan’s day had been weird, taking the cold glass Logan sipped at the freezing slush that was inside it. They sat in silence as they worked their way down the bottle; finally Scott spoke after his fourth glass.

“She hates me, whatever she is hates me Logan. Nothing I do will ever bring her home, even Charles thinks we’ve lost her. Phoenix is too strong, her subconscious is calling the shots now.” Scott drained his glass wincing at the burn of the cold alcohol as it slid down his throat; “You should have heard what she had to say about you.” Logan’s interest peaked he found Scott’s gaze and smiled hoping it was something good even now.

He noticed Scott shake his head and a small pain filled smile covered his face, “No not like that Logan, not that at all. Jesus if it had I’d have been great with it, at least it would show she has some feelings, no she wanted to know if you had any leads on the guys who did what they did to you. Wanted to meet them and find out how they did it so she could have a go at it herself.”

The words were a physical blow to Logan, the woman of his somewhat childish fantasies wanted to hurt him, she’d wanted to make someone else suffer like he had. Logan remembered the look she’d given Marie when she’d seen the baby on the monitor. As if she was calculating a way to get the baby from them both, to use it, to experiment on it, her words finally out when she became frustrated at having to hide her thoughts.

There was nothing he could say that would make Scott feel any better, salt sparked the scents around them and Logan knew Scott was crying but he wouldn’t make him feel bad for it. Picking up the bottle Logan poured another large one in both their glasses. Scott turned his face toward the sky and sighed heavily, “Fuck Logan you don’t even want to know what she had planned for our kids, as if that’d ever happen now.”

The raw emotion filled Scott’s every fibre and he needed to scream, fight, shout do something other than brood on this. Logan knew he went to see Jean nearly every day, racking up the frequent flier miles on the blackbird but it was killing him. The kids here needed him and he wasn’t on the ball, he needed to get away for a while, his first thought was the cabin, the one he’d built for Marie and him but he squashed that idea. That was ‘his’ territory and he’d never feel comfortable knowing Scott had been there before Marie. Surely Chuck had somewhere he could go, maybe the city, there were plenty of places he could lose himself in for a while.

Logan put his hand on Scott’s shoulder and felt the shudder run through him, dropping his head Scott spoke. “Keep hold of her Logan, protect her and tell her you love her every single day because you never know when you’re going to lose her. I always thought we’d have time, time to get things sorted, time to get married.” Scott’s voice breaking up as the tears forced themselves out and down his face, not caring anymore who was watching him or why. “Fuck when did I stop noticing Logan? When did she change so much that I don’t even recognise her anymore when I see her?” Logan knew Scott wanted to hear something anything from him, just to know he’d been hearing him.

Releasing Scott’s shoulder Logan looked down into the glass in his hands, “I love her Scott, I know you’ve always thought I was wrong for her, too old, too rough but we fit you know,” Keeping his gaze straight ahead Logan noticed Scott turn his head toward him a little. “I’m not the most stable round here I know that, she does too and fate kind of gave us both a kick in the ass with the baby. But it’s right, it feels ‘right’ and that’s something I can’t ignore Scott, no matter what anyone else thinks. Same with you and Jean, it don’t matter what everyone else thinks as long as you love her and keep hoping she’s in there fighting to come back.” Scott hung his head at those words and his tears started again, “I mean she came back two days before Valentines Day for ya, that should tell ya something.” Scott chuckled at that, lifting his head to look at the garden in its evening glow.
“Yeah she had lousy timing.”
“Or part of her wanted you to know she loved you, something under that bitch in her head. I don’t know how her power works hell I’m not even sure how these damn things come out,” popping his claws to emphasise his point. “But there’s one thing I do know, Jean loves you and she’s still in there somewhere. You just gotta wait for her to come back.” Logan took a look at the man sat next to him lost in his own private sorrow, “That is if you want her.”

Scott met his gaze then and he almost laughed when he saw the thought run across Scott’s face that he thought he was interested in Jean. Seeing what he really meant Scott just hung his head again and drained his glass again.
“When did you get so smart?”
“When Marie told me I was going to be a dad, kind of makes ya think about things differently.” Scott nodded as the words sank in, knowing he’d be okay now Logan got up and snagged the bottle, Scott’s eyes watching him take it away. “Hey don’t worry its going back into the freezer, I’ll put it behind the ice-cream, you can hide it again later.” Logan moved back toward the kitchen catching the words he knew Scott didn’t think he could hear.
“Thanks Logan, you’re a good friend you know, even when I don’t deserve it.”

Logan didn’t answer him he just put the bottle away and put his glass in the sink. Looking at the clock he saw the time, 10.30pm, the day had flown by and only now did he remember that he’d asked Marie to call him. Patting his pockets he found the small phone and switched it on, the display reading six missed calls, flicking the message button he listened to each one. A smile creeping across his face as he heard Marie’s voice telling him they were okay, she’d been out with Kitty and everyone and they were okay and staying in Kitty’s halls. Security was good and she felt safe, the last call had been only a few minutes ago and it had been the best one.

She told him she loved him and would’ve liked to have told him face to face but she couldn’t so she’d tell him in her own way. The phone was pressed to her belly and he could hear the heartbeats of the two people he loved more than anything in the whole wide world. Her voice was picked up by the sensitive phone as she said goodnight and that they both loved him, she was safe and she’d call him in the morning. Moving the small phone away from his ear he erased the messages apart from the last one, he wanted to keep that one. Smiling Logan walked out of the kitchen heading for bed, forgetting Hank had been to see him that morning.

The day had been full of surprises for him and Logan felt old tonight, he was looking forward to some sleep and losing himself in their bed. Moving down the hallway to their room his nose picked up the scent of Hank but it wasn’t unusual seeing as he had a room just down the hall. Opening his door Logan walked in not bothering to turn on the light and found himself walking into the large chest of Hank. He’d crossed the room in seconds to bring his large furry frame against Logan, his scent filling the space in Logan’s mind. Hearing the door shut behind him, Logan remembered finally that Hank had spoken to him that morning, that he’d told him he’d be coming to see him later. Tired Logan just wrapped himself around the furry body in front of him, rubbing his face in the soft fur of Hank’s chest. “It’s been a rough day Hank, a bit hard on the nerves but I’m here if you need me,” Hank wrapped his arms around Logan and lifted him off the ground.

Carrying him over to the door both of them listening to the corridor outside before Hank stepped out with Logan in his arms. Resting quietly in the strong arms Logan let the day’s events flow away from him. Hank quickly took him to his room, opening the door with his shoulder Hank’s breath becoming deeper and his scent sharper as he shut the door behind them both with his foot.

*********************************************************

He’d been waiting for him all day, Hank had tried to keep his mind on his work but he’d ended up having to leave the class revising. Going down to the gym for a while to release some of the tension that was building inside him. Ever since New York he’d been wanting to get back into Wolverine’s body, the day after had been so good, waking up to Wolverine already inside him and his dark eyes boring into his. Holding him to his fur as he fucked him slowly, tenderly, showing him that he loved him, even as his strokes became harder and his eyes more feral.

Knowing that Wolverine loved him as much as Logan did Marie, he needed to see it tonight, Hank needed to feel Logan change. So after dinner he’d excused himself and had set his communicator so if he was needed they could beep him. He’d been in Logan’s room waiting for him, needing to scent him, to feel his skin under his fingers, to taste him in his mouth. When he heard his boots coming down the hallway he couldn’t wait any longer and had met him as he walked in. The scent of him stirring Hank’s groin into an erection that was almost painful, he’d never tire of Logan or Wolverine, he needed them too much. Listening to Logan’s words Hank understood and just picked his lover up, he needed to be soft with him tonight, to be gentle with him. Logan needed it, Wolverine would have to wait, as he carried Logan to his room he felt the tiredness in him, the day had worn him out.

That would mean that he could take control for once, lead like he wanted to, show Logan how much he loved him, taste him, touch him, love him. Barely controlling himself Hank opened his door and went inside shutting it with his foot, feeling Logan shift in his arms, turning into his fur and nuzzling it. Logan’s words muffled by it but still understandable to him, “Show me Hank, love me. I need you to, please.” Looking down at Logan’s face Hank saw and scented the need in his lover. He was tired in so many ways, Logan looking as if he’d been felled by the world only to be told he had to get up again. Purring as he pulled Logan into his chest, feeling Logan’s hands spread through his fur and hold on, both of them bonding for a moment in the simple act of touching, of feeling.

Rumbling out his name, “Logan,” and seeing Logan’s hazel eyes meet his own made Hank’s heart pick up pace. Seeing the need for Hank to be strong with him, to treat him softly, not as a subordinate but as a lover, this was Logan not Wolverine and it was a rarity. Hank would treat it as such, “Logan are you sure you?” Hank never finished because Logan’s hand covered his mouth, Logan’s eyes glazing a little before he answered. The emotion riding high in his voice,
“After today Hank I need you to, ‘I’ need you, not Wolverine. Understand?” Hank nodded and Logan’s hand fell away from Hank’s lips, coming to rest in his fur around his thick neck. Understanding what Logan needed from him tonight Hank bent his head to Logan’s and kissed him softly, feeling the body in his arms responding to him.

God how he needed this right now, feeling Hank hold him tight to him, surrendering to the power inside the huge frame holding his own heavy body aloft. Feeling his own tired body responding to the soft probing tongue that was in his mouth, tasting of the forest of warm earth and freedom. Hank walking with him to the bed gently placing him down on it as if he was a fragile creature, something he had to be careful with because he’d break it. Logan laid there as Hank began to undress him, the large hands making short work of the shirts and jeans he’d been wearing. His boots were last to go Hank placing them on the floor next to the large bed, everything in this room was bigger.

Logan felt small in here, everything was made much bigger, much stronger to cope with Hank’s frame and occasional temper tantrums. Laying on the soft comforter Logan waited for Hank, his body already needing to feel Hank’s solidity above him, to lose himself in it, to let go of everything today.

It was a delicious kind of torture to undress Logan, to feel the strong body under his hands give itself over to him completely. For him to trust him so much to allow him to do everything for him. Hank had to bite his tongue when he removed Logan’s jeans, he wanted to take him into his mouth there and then but Logan wasn’t ready for him, so he’d wait. Seeing Logan sprawled naked on his bed, scent already deepening as he relaxed on the bed, hazel eyes calling to Hank. To come and touch him, to hold him, to taste him, to love him, even as the thoughts went through Hank’s mind Logan reached out toward him. No words needed just a smile and a hand reaching out to Hank, which Hank quickly took.

Shedding his own joggers Hank laid himself above Logan, his bulk covering the smaller man and seeing the glow increase in Logan’s gaze. Logan didn’t speak he just pulled Hank down and into his mouth, arching his body into the warmth coming from Hank. Seeing Logan just abandon himself to Hank made Hank’s control slip, he needed to be in him, to feel him under him, the tightness of his body wrapped around his erection and the warmth Logan showed him.

Gently Hank moved Logan with one hand, opening his hips so he was resting between them, slowing his breathing Hank pulled away and waited for his control to come back. His body trembling with the effort as Hank tried to keep his animal desires under control, Logan writhing under him, rubbing his skin over the sensitive fur, his strong hands already buried in the fur of his back. Using it to pull himself up and into Hank, feeling Logan’s erection rub against him knowing that Logan was losing control here Logan needed this as much as Hank did and he wanted him now. Forcing his eyes open Hank looked down into Logan’s face hearing the small whimper at the back of Logan’s throat as he presented himself to Hank. Keeping his shoulders on the mattress but lifting the rest of his body into Hank. Scenting and seeing Logan give everything over snapped the control Hank had and he shifted Logan into position, hearing the contented purr come from Logan as Hank moved him decided everything. There was no time to be gentle, no pause to make everything easy for Logan as Hank pushed into the warm body beneath him, hearing Logan’s breath hitch as he entered him, forcing a deep growl from his own lips.

He needed to feel him, to lose himself in him, to be taken, loved by him, pulling himself up against the large bulk of Hank. Keeping his shoulders down on the bed and feeling the rise of Hank as he did so. Meeting the intense amber of Hank as he opened his eyes to look at Logan’s own and Logan felt the whimper leave his throat involuntarily, a submissive gesture to the power above him. Watching as Hank’s pupils dilated at the sound and scent of Logan’s acquiescence, feeling Hank’s hands shift him into position and feeling his throat purr with the anticipation of Hank being in him. As Hank pushed into his body Logan’s breath hitched as the feeling of completion filled him, the sense of love and desire firing through his body as Hank growled deep from his chest as he began to move above Logan. Wrapping his strong thighs around Hank’s hips, still resting on his shoulders allowing Hank to go deeper inside him, needing Hank to love him like this.

Hank moving slowly, gently bracing himself over Logan his large hands either side of his head, fingers digging deep into the bed as he moved into Logan. Seeing Hank try to keep control of himself not to just fuck him, but love him, show him some tenderness the thing he needed from him tonight. Grabbing the large head above him Logan pulled Hank’s face down to his, plundering the hot warmth of his mouth, showing him it was alright to let go now, to fuck him if he wanted to. Hank broke away, his amber gaze pinning Logan, seeing the softness in his gaze, the love Hank had for him as he shook his large head and gently rocked inside his body. He wasn’t going to hurt him, he was going to love him like he had that morning in New York.

He almost gave in, he almost let loose when Logan kissed him, knowing that he was giving him permission to fuck him hard, to hurt him. But Hank didn’t want that, didn’t want to hurt him, he wanted to love him and as he pulled out of the kiss he shook his head and saw the relief in Logan’s eyes. He wouldn’t hurt him, he loved him and he’d show him how much, dropping a hand to Logan’s back Hank pulled Logan closer to his body. Making sure his erection brushed against his belly fur with each movement of his hips into Logan. Sharing the feelings with him and watching the flush of pleasure run through his body.

Logan’s hands gripping Hank’s fur as he bucked into the soft belly with each thrust of Hanks body into him, feeling the tears force their way out of his eyes. The release of everything, the pain of Wayland, the hatred of Anne and the love of Marie, Hank slowed until Logan smiled, kissing him deeply and showing him it wasn’t him that was causing this. Hank was allowing this to happen giving Logan a safe place to release this tension this pain, he’d been quashing all day inside him. Hank began to move faster now, Logan breathed Hank’s scent into himself and caught the undertone of his heightened arousal, that his tears had excited him. Understanding it wasn’t the tears, it was the openness of his emotions, that he trusted Hank enough to let him see and feel them with him. Shifting against the warm furry body above him Logan felt his own body stirring with the first nudges of his climax gathering in his groin.

Pushing deep into Logan Hank felt his own body tighten as he chased the fire that was coursing through him, Logan’s back feeling slick under his fingers as he chased his own climax, knowing he wasn’t far. Speeding up the movements and depth Hank pressed home, following the rising tide within him, gritting his teeth until Logan kissed him. Feeling the hot wetness of Logan in his mouth pushing him over the edge, feeling his balls tighten as he filled Logan with himself. Thrusting once, twice as he milked himself into him, feeling Logan growl as he came inside him, Logan’s own body close to release. Pulling Logan’s tight body into his own as Hank felt Logan let go of his mouth and drop his head back exposing his throat, knowing what he wanted, what he needed from him.

The slice of flesh under his canines solidified the emotions running through Logan, feeling his body spasm as Hank bit him, having to hold Logan’s head into his shoulder to muffle the cry as he erupted onto Hank’s fur. Body bucking hard, Logan’s fingers digging in painfully into his back as Logan emptied himself of everything. Letting him go when Logan stopped thrusting against him. Untying his teeth from the shoulder and licking the wound as it closed in front of him, gently withdrawing from Logan’s body as he did so. Letting Logan back down and laying on his side next to him, half covering him the scent of Logan’s semen filling Hank’s nose, feeling sated for now. Looking at Logan’s face, the careworn lines visible in the half light of his room, seeing Logan’s eyes open and seeing the truth of him in there. Seeing his mouth begin to form words Hank stopped him with a kiss, gentle, soft and tender saying everything he needed to.

Logan let himself fall into the embrace he needed, Hank he loved him if truth were told, but Hank had stopped him from saying it knowing somehow that if he did he’d hurt him. Hank knew that was all that mattered, he didn’t need him to say it, he showed him everytime he let Hank touch him. Everytime he sought him out, needing to feel his skin under his hands, to taste him and his mind went back to the other week. He’d been called down to the med bay by Hank, something about a new supplement Marie wanted, he’d wanted to know exactly what she was taking and why. Hank had called him down to discuss it but he’d found himself wondering what Hank’s lips would feel like wrapped around his dick. After a few minutes Hank had gotten the clue and locked the doors, going down on him as soon as he’d returned to his side. Feeling Hank’s lips running down his shaft had been something he never thought he’d tire of, the soft velvet feel of his mouth and the heat of him. Even thinking about it made him twitch back into life, flooding the room with his desire, seeing Hank pick up on it and stroke his already electric skin. His voice deep as he spoke, “Hank, please, taste me. I need to feel you.”

Meeting the heat in Hank’s gaze Logan felt the passion build in the large man, the need to control him coming out. Grabbing Logan’s wrists in one large hand, Hank put them above his head, holding them to the headboard behind Logan’s head, his other hand pressing Logan down into the bed. His metal covered rib cage the only thing keeping him from being crushed by the power in Hank’s hand, rumbling his own pleasure as Hank licked the skin of Logan’s body, dragging his sharp teeth over the skin. Cutting it in places as Hank moved down his body, Logan moving his body toward the mouth that gave him so much pleasure/pain.

Listening to Logan’s voice as he whispered to him, telling him how much he wanted him, needed to fuck him, to take him, to brand him as his for now and always. When he reached his groin Hank nuzzled the ridged flesh there, licking him from root to tip, wanting to arch his back to follow the rise of Hank’s tongue along him but being forced down to the bed. Hank growling deep and Logan feeling a frisson of fear run through him, knowing that Hank could bite him in two and it’d be hard for him to repair the damage quickly. Feeling the hot breath of Hank on his sensitive skin as Hank cleaned him first before taking him into his cavernous mouth, “FUCK HANK!” The shout making Hank smile, neither of them caring if someone heard them anymore, taking the full length in his mouth Hank swirled his tongue around the stiff length.

Hearing Logan hiss as he did so, knowing if he carried on Logan would come quickly. Smiling Hank suckled him down into his throat, pressing Logan into the top of his mouth and sliding him against the roof of his mouth. Seeing Logan beginning to let go, scenting Wolverine beginning to surface in him, his scent deepening and his arms flexing against the grip he had on him. Working him hard Hank brought Logan close to coming, each movement giving Wolverine time to gain ground over Logan, flicking his eyes to see the dark black of Wolverine snarling out at him from Logan’s face. Letting go of Logan Hank tore his mouth away from his groin, releasing his erection from its source of pleasure Hank moving off the bed with a slide.

Seeing Logan change in front of him, watching Wolverine surface as he crawled down the bed toward Hank, a snarl on his face and his eyes dark, Hank shifted on the floor so he was presenting himself to Wolverine. Lowering his gaze as Wolverine dropped off the edge of the bed, giving him the deference he needed from him, listening to the deepening growl as he approached Hank. Hearing Wolverine grab something from the bedside and listening to the slick slide of something along Wolverines skin, remembering Hank saw the small bottle of oil in his mind.

Turning his head to look, catching the gaze of Wolverine as he slicked himself to fuck him, smiling Wolverine dropped the empty bottle and dove on his partner. Feeling his hands grip Hank’s hips as he plunged deep into him, growling out as he did so, the pace he was setting hard and fast. Hank feeling every single movement of Wolverines body against him, the scent of his arousal, the need to have him wrapped around him. Clawing his way up his furred back until he was laid over his large frame, his head resting on Hank’s shoulders as he fucked him. One hand still slick with oil, reaching under Hank gripping his tight erection and working it with Hank’s own hand. Both of them working together to bring the other over into pleasure, it wouldn’t be long they were both so hungry for the sensations of each other.

Hank was first, his body convulsing under Wolverine, his breath coming in huge gasps as he came over Wolverines hand, hearing him growl into his ear, “Mine!” As he released Hank and fucked him in earnest, each stroke harder than the last as he built to his own peak, Hank dropping his shoulders so he dove deeper into him. Listening to the pleasure it elicited through him, grunting with effort as he fucked him, losing everything every semblance of humanity as he clawed his way to his climax. Hearing the slice of his blades coming free as he fucked him, seeing him move them away from Hank’s body as he came inside him. The force of it making Hank hold his breath, hearing the roar come from him, the deep rumble that ended in a howl of “MINE!” Knowing they were heard but not caring, the only ones on this floor were faculty and Scott was dead to the world, Ororo and Kurt were spending more time together as it was. There was no doubt they were heard but they’d deal with that later, all Hank cared about was the man still inside him.

Slowly Wolverine withdrew from him, the pleasure of it making his body shake, dropping underneath Hank Wolverine grabbed Hank’s head and kissed him. The kiss was so different from Logan, this was all fire and passion, all need and Hank felt it burn through his nerves. Breaking the kiss Wolverine smiled and got up, padding to the bathroom and turning on the shower, knowing that Logan/Wolverine would be spending the night here, Hank hoped the person underneath them was asleep. Getting up off the floor Hank smiled and collapsed on the bed, the scent of Logan and Wolverine mixing to make a distinct separate scent, breathing it in Hank felt his eyes drift shut and sleep steal over his mind. Dreaming of being woken up as he had been in New York Hank never heard Logan unlock the door and go back to his own bed and the comforting scent of Marie. A smile on his face as he shut the door, his mouth saying what Hank had stopped him from saying, “Love you Hank.” The words drifting into Hank’s subconscious and making his dreams all the sweeter for it.