Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie gets to face her fear and Logan gets to understand how much of him she really took inside her
He held her.

His entire skin was plastered to hers, the micron thin layer enough to keep her mutation at bay. It didn't stop him from feeling her, the play of her muscle as she shifted herself in his grip, her thighs as they rasped along his hips and waist. His hands on her small back pulling her tight into him as her words began to fall from her lips. Everything she'd been hiding, everything she knew about him, felt from him, the darkness, the hatred she'd been keeping stifled below her own mind bubbled out of her. It was all he could do to hold her, to hear her form the words, the extent of his corruption of her. That the life he'd given her had been at such a high cost to her soul.

Their bodies were still joined, he still rested inside her, and her shifting hips made sure he stayed there. Even as the pain wove out of her mouth cleaning her mind her body was working on the rest of him. Her breasts moved and shifted against his chest as she spoke, arms wrapped around his neck, her words whispered into his ear as if the weight of them wouldn't be supported by the world they were in.

Was it wrong?
To let her love him while she filled his mind with information and words that were lost to his own memory? Things he'd forgotten because he'd *had* to, his mutation had seen to it, made sure he could fight another day by blocking out what he'd done. But for Marie there'd been no reprieve, no cleansing of her mind, no shutters that closed down and presented a clean slate to start from. She had lifetimes of him inside her mind and the only way for her to come home was to let it all out of her. To let her pour it over his skin but at least the process wouldn't be painful for her and if he shut out her litany, closed his ears to her and just responded to her body it wouldn't matter.

So he let her talk, let he rwhisper into his skin, branding him with words as he moved her over him again and again, slowly this time. Making her remember him, the him he was *now*, this Logan not the Wolverine who'd invaded her mind, who'd raped her mentally and left her for dead. He wanted to taste her, lick her skin but it was denied him, he could touch her but not taste.

Taking her face in as he shifted her as his hips tightened their grip on her, laying her on the floor of her prison. Eyes shut, face scrunched up her lips moving quickly as she let the names, images, deeds, fall out of her. She wasn't aware of him here in her mind, her body and mind were seperate right now and she needed it to be this way.

Resting over her, covering her form with his own, listening to her breath as she whispered her litany, rushing the names and places, so many, so many people, so much death, so much pain. Tears formed and ran down her skin, the tracks glittering silver, her voice shuddering as she let the crying take hold of her. Her grip on him increasing as she shook under him, regret colouring her scent, filling him with the taste of ashes. She was at her bottom, played out, empty, her litany had ceased, now all there was was regret and pain, of which none was hers.

Now....now it was time to bring her back up.

"Marie..." her eyes opened a little and she tried to close them again but his fingers stroked her cheek, making her open them again. She was there, the Marie he knew, the one he'd left here, the one he'd loved, the one he'd hoped for.

It was as if she'd just realised where she was and in what position, her skin flushed and her scent rocketed, her mouth about to form words when he silenced her. His lips were covered and so he took the risk, her first kiss from him, the first time his lips met hers.
He hid nothing from her, shifting himself as he kissed her, feeling her hands move to cradle his back as he rocked into her hips. Building the tension, chasing her, forcing her to react to him, when her fingers clawed he growled into her mouth. She reacted by locking her legs around his waist and tightening her grip on him.

Her body heated beneath him, her movements began to be more fluid as Marie began to chase the feelings building in her groin. Releasing her mouth finally Logan watched her face change, the need in it pushing upward, her voice now needy, whining almost as he pushed himself into her. She needed him, wanted him to show her, to let himself free with her, teach her how to cope with what she had inside her body.

Confusion, too many thoughts, too many memories, her voice had emptied her mind of everything that had been shown to her. But there was something else, something deeper, something *beneath* and with each movement above her, with each downstroke into her body it came closer. Whining in her throat as her legs locked behind him, making sure he couldn't leave her, pushing him closer to her clit.
Grinding against her with every pass, the thing inside her gaining ground with each pass until it erupted through her, making her teeth grind as the shuddering wave of her orgasm ripped through her. Muscle spasming, her stomach fluttering in response to the depth of it, her voice harsh gutteral as she screamed it out of her.

Nothing human in it, nothing normal in it and Logan just kept moving, sliding deeper with each pull of her body. Eating him from the inside out, hearing his claws fire and seeing one set above her head in the floor. Leverage, so he didn't crush her as his other hand slid to her shoulder pulling her down hard. Her back sliding against the cool tile, seeing his throat bare to her she licked it, listening to the deep rumble that tickled her skin. Knowing he was close when he looked at her, his pupils almost filling his iris, her own dilated and wide as each deep push into her made an aftershock race through her womb.

*This* was it, *this* was Wolverine, this was what being an animal was all about, to take, to eat, to fuck, to mate without cost or morals, to hunt and kill with no regret, to just *BE*,to live in the ever *now*. Marie saw the grimace on Logan's face as he erupted inside her bruised womb, his eyes narrow, the slits of his gaze holding no love, just trust, understanding and rage in equal measure. When his teeth opened she knew what was coming, the quickness of it surprising her, the canines of his mouth looking all the sharper. The bite painful and deep, his hips pistoning, once twice and finally stilling. Their bodies covered in sweat, locked together, her legs dead from being wrapped around him for so long.

Logan pulled his hand out of the floor and rolled over with her, so she was ontop of him, her head resting on his chest where she could listen to his heartbeat recover. Hands touched her head and stroked her shoulders and hair, his voice quiet in the room, whispering his words to her confused soul. He'd help her, he'd bring her back, one step at a time, one day at a time, make life worth living again. Help her understand the beast she had living inside her, the need she'd had had been so simple, so easy to understand when you quiet everything else. Thing was she hadn't known how to, Logan would show her how, teach her, love her to love herself. The one set of words she heard before sleep took her, resting over her skin as he held her close.
"I'm here Marie an I'll never let ya fall, neither of us will."

The road would be hard but it'd be worthwhile, taming a beast isn't easy, it takes patience, perseverance, love, kindness and understanding. They'd walk that road together, no matter what anyone else thought, he had his purpose now, he'd made her and she'd needed him. Maybe together they'd understand just what they were meant to do.

Being human isn't easy, but then again being an honest beast in a world of human liars isn't either. Maybe now they wouldn't feel so alone anymore, they had each other, a mirror to the world in each of them. And along the way, who knew maybe they'd save a few other beasts from the lies.....
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed this one, I know it took a while to finish but here it is. Let me know what you think, hugs Jo