They were slowly dressing, both trying to avoid each other’s eyes. Neither had expected what had just happened between them, and weren’t sure what to say.

“What the hell was that?” Rogue whispered more to herself than to him as she gracefully pulled her jeans up over her hips. She hadn’t meant for him to overhear her, but, of course with his heightened senses, she should have known he wouldn’t miss it.

“I don’t know, Darlin. A lot of pent up emotions, I would assume. You started it, remember? Why don’t you tell me?” He asked as he pulled a fresh shirt from one of the dresser drawers. He pulled the gray shit on over his head, quickly covering his body. He watched her as she buttoned her jeans, still shirtless, but she had at least put on a bra. His healing abilities had kept her young over the years, she still didn’t look older than 27. Her body was toned and well maintained, although she was also still soft and full in all the right places. Logan tore his eyes away, not wanting to further the confusion surrounding them. “Remember, you kissed me?”

“You let me,” she said slowly, smiling at him devilishly. “You enjoyed it, just admit it.”

“I’ve never denied that, Darlin. Just wondered why you left me cold all those years ago, and where or not you’re planning on coming back to me when this is all over.” Logan forced himself to meet her eyes for once, having to struggle to keep from looking at her body again. She needed to know just how important this conversation was.

“I left, because I had to, sugar,” she sighed, plopping herself back on the bed ungracefully. “I still had everyone in my head, and all the stress was starting to get to me. I couldn’t find myself, anymore, and I was starting to confuse everyone else’s memories with my own. I needed to get away from here, to clear my head and remember who I was. And, in all honesty, you were treating me like I was glass. You weren’t letting me get strong again, but trying to tuck me away so that I wouldn’t get hurt again. Being too protective is almost as bad as not being protective at all, Logan.”

“I’m sorry, Rogue. I just… I kind of lost it after you were taken. I did it because I love you.” He sat on the bed next to her, gently pulling her into his embrace. “Come home, Marie. I’ve missed you. It will be different this time. I promise.”

“Logan… I… I don’t know… I mean, everything is so different now,” she whispered softly, allowing him to hold her again. “I don’t know if I really belong here, anymore. I’m not the same woman I was when I left here.”

“You’re right… And I think the people here need that. There aren’t too many of us here who really understand what it means to survive on their own anymore. Even Jubilee has gone soft over the years. It’s a different world from the one that was happening when we first came here, and you really are the only one of us who can understand what these kids have seen and gone through.” He nuzzled her hair for a second, remembering what it was like to touch her. “If that’s not good enough, then just come home for me. I miss you.”

“I’ve missed you, too.” She practically purred as she nuzzled him back. Just as they were beginning to grow comfortable again, they heard a knock on the bedroom door. Both sighed as they let go of each other and quickly threw on the clothes that were still needed to cover themselves up.