“Well, that went well…” Scott said sarcastically, sitting back slowly. He knew he should be slightly afraid of the bigger man in the room with him, but, after everything that just came out, he was vaguely sure Victor wasn’t a threat anymore. At least not right now.

Victor only growled at him before following Eve. He needed to speak with her, try to get him to understand his side. There was so much that she didn’t know about, so much that he had hidden for years.

He found her in her own house, sitting on her room, watching as she usually did. He couldn’t read any emotion on her face and wondered how much more she would be able to take before she lost it. He wondered what she was thinking as he slowly climbed up the side of the house, joining her in vigil. “Hey kid. What’s going on?”

“Go away, Victor.” She didn’t move, not even to look at him. He could hear the anger in her voice and knew that she was close to breaking. “Just go.”

“We need to talk, Eve. There are some things I need to explain before you turn your back on me.”

“What more could you have to explain? You let me believe my parents were dead when the entire time, it was you who took me from them. You’ve kept a lot from me over the years. You were my only friend, and then my lover, but now I know that everything we had was in vain. Go away, Victor. You’re not welcome in my home any longer. I hope that my father kills you when they come for me.”

“I’ve always loved you, Eve. I’m sorry.” He got up and jumped down from the room, landing with the gracefulness of a cat.

When he was too far away to hear her, Eve let a single tear roll down her cheek as she whispered, “So am I.”