The plan was simple. Get in, get out, and stay the hell out of Rogue’s way. None of the other’s knew just exactly what Rogue was going to have to do, and she refused to tell them. According to her, it was none of their business. No one but Logan knew that Sabertooth was there, nor that he was her informant. He knew that it would be futile to tell them, and so he kept his mouth shut on the subject.

“We’re landing in about ten minutes. Remember, they are mutants, but they aren’t expecting us as far as we know. Still, we go in swinging. We don’t want them to think that this is an Xmen mission. We don’t need that kind of image. We are trying to come off unorganized and sloppy, people.” Logan looked each one of them in the eye, look for any kind of protest. “Rogue and I will go in first, then. We will be able to bounce back from anything and everything they throw at us. I want Colossus and Cloud, next. They will be our back up support. Pyro and Gambit after that, cleaning up what ever got left behind. Oscar will wait with in the plain. We’ll be landing right smack in the middle of this place, giving him the use of all of our abilities, plus those inside. Pyro and Gambit, I want you both to take extra precaution. Neither of you can with stand a mortal wound like the rest of us. And remember, Rogue has a special agenda she needs to deal with, so stay out of her way. And good luck. With any hope, we will all make it out alive.”

As Logan took his place in the Co-pilots seat, his eyes connected with Rogue’s, and he couldn’t help but see hope and longing in them. He couldn’t bring himself to tell her that there was always a chance that their daughter wouldn’t want to come back with them. Rogue seemed to be hell bent on bringing her back, anyway, kicking and screaming.
After about ten minutes, the plain lurched slightly as they made a quick landing in the middle of the compound. As soon as all six were off the plain, Oscar made a giant ring of fire around it, tapping into Pyro’s abilities. After that, all he could do was sit back and wait.

Rogue was the first off the plain, and she was first to hit the mob that came charging. Without thinking, she unleashed three bone claws from each hand and started swinging. She hadn’t told Logan about them before hand, and he was almost over come by the mob when he saw them. He quickly regained his footing and began fighting, knowing that he would have to question her about them later.

Rogue moved quickly with the grace and speed she needed to make her way threw the swarm of mutants. None of them were as strong as she and the other’s, but she knew that they would kill her if given the chance. As it was, she was able to make it through the mob with out breaking a sweat. As soon as she was through, she saw a young woman sitting on the edge of a roof, watching her with eyes she had dreamed about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eve jumped from her perch on the roof top, ready to confront this woman. She had watched her kill those she was supposed to protect, yet she never thought to interfere. This woman was a stranger to her, and yet there was something oddly familiar in her large brown eyes. She knew they shared the same body size and almost the same looks, including the white streak in both of their hair, but this couldn’t be the same woman Scott and Sabertooth had told her about. She looked no more than twenty herself. Didn’t Scott say it was her father with the healing factor? Maybe this was a sister Scott neglected to mention. He had only been here for little more than a day. Maybe he hadn’t told her everything, yet.

Eve walked to her with a casual grace the woman seemed to share. They both stopped at the same time, watching each other from a distance of only two yards, sizing each other up. Before she spoke, Eve saw another person break through the crowd. A man in his late thirties from the looks of him, yet he had a presence that seemed older. Both women looked toward him as his eyes looked from one to the other, taking in their similarities. The only thing familiar about this man were his eyes, the same eyes she had seen staring back at in every mirror she had ever seen.

Those in the mob turned and stopped abruptly, forcing Pyro and the other’s to stop also. They all watched together as Daughter and parents stared each other down, all holding their breath to see what happened next.

Eve knew the other’s were watching, yet strangely, she seemed to not care. The people standing in from of her now, for the man moved to stand by the woman’s side, were all that were important to her now. She could not deny who they were any longer. Her parent’s. The people she had been wishing for since she was a little girl were in front of her at last. Eve couldn’t take it any longer. She crumpled to the ground and began to cry as Logan and Rogue ran to her, the family reunited at last.