Scott and Sabertooth pushed through the mob as quickly as they could just in time to see Rogue and Logan reach their daughter. Neither knew what to say as the other Xmen met them. It was obvious when Rogue caught their scent, for her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed. Scott made a point of moving away from Sabertooth, knowing she would not think twice about killing anyone who got in her way of murdering the man who had kidnapped her.

Logan’s gaze followed her as Rogue slowly stood and made her way to the man who had taken everything from her. He knew what she had planned and he only hoped the other’s had figured it out also.

She walked to him slowly, taking in his scent as she allowed the bone claws unsheathe themselves from her hands. She wanted blood for what he did, even though she knew that without him, she would have never gotten her family back. She stopped right in front of him, close enough so that she could see the fear in his eyes. He knew what she was now. He knew that the girl he had kidnapped all those years ago was dead, and that this woman before him would not think twice about taking anyone’s life, especially his.

“You took my family from me, everything that I ever loved,” she whispered angrily only so that he would hear. “I should kill you for that. Everything that I am screams it. But I wont. Not now, anyway. I want you to suffer the way I did. To know what exactly is coming for you, one day when you least expect it. To have to wait for it like a frightened child the way I did all those months I was trapped in the cage. “ She thrust her claws into him then, knowing that the wounds would heal quickly, but also knowing that he would feel every second of it. “I will kill you one day, Victor, and you will never know when. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. Or maybe I will wait until the bones of my grandchildren have turned to dust. We have all of eternity. Once a year, on the day my daughter was taken from me, I will come back to you and remind you of this.”

Much to everyone’s surprise, Rogue kissed him then, taking a little of his life and memories as she did. When she sheathed her claws again, he fell to the floor. No one came to his aid.