The flight home was unusually quiet. No one wanted to mention the scene they had all witnessed. No one knew what to say. As happy as they were that they had all come out unscathed, no one was sure what to make of what had happened between Sabertooth and Rogue.

The good news was that Scott was fine, a little malnourished but alright. It seemed that the mutants that had ambushed them had taken their time in taking him to the compound, making him wait for a week before dumping him.

Also, Eve had opted to return to the mansion with her parents, not really having anything at the compound to stay for and wanting to get to know the parents she had been taken from. She sat between her parents in the back of the plane, her eyes wandering from one person to the next. She wondered what could possibly be waiting for her; not liking that there was no way for her to guess. She had become used to knowing what was to happen next, never realizing just how big the outside world was.

Eve watched her parents closely. Rogue was fast asleep, her eyes moving rapidly as she dreamed. Her breathing was slow and steady, and Eve knew she was perfectly alright. Her gaze traveled to her left side, where her father sat with his eyes closed, also. Yet, he wasn’t dreaming, nor was he even asleep. His breathing was strong and ridged, and she could feel more that sense his discomfort. She couldn’t help but wonder if she was the cause of everything.