“What did you learn from him, Rogue?” Logan asked softly, his voice stern and demanding. If she had been anyone else, there would have also been a growl, but he knew nothing from him could intimidate her. Not even when he was like this. “I know that’s why you kissed him. To find out who hired him, so what did you find?”

“You want to know? Tell Pyro to come here, then. You both should hear this. They had him taken, too. He deserves his vengeance, also.” She replied icily. She had wanted this for herself, but that was too selfish, even for her. Logan was on the phone quickly, and, with in seconds, Pyro, who was in his own room on the other side of Eve’s was knocking on their door. He took one look at the two and sat on the bed, knowing that this had to be important.

Logan looked at Rogue pointedly, knowing that she understood how he felt about her former lover being in their room and on their bed, even if it had been years ago.

Rogue sighed before she began, taking a seat on the dresser as Logan sat next to Pyro on the bed “For starters, I want you to understand that Sabertooth has felt nothing but remorse for what he did to us all those years ago. They held him captive there, basically, using the same type of collar they used on Scott and us to subdue our abilities. That doesn’t mean that I am going to let him get away with what happened. I just wont kill him.

“But we all know that Sabertooth had nothing to do with it beyond the kidnappings. Magneto hired him. He wanted not just mutant children, but powerful mutant children who would one day grow up to be mutant men and women, who would fight for him. He gave Sabertooth one of his infamous speeches, but all he was interested in was the money. There was a catch, though. I would be part of the payment, and Sabertooth would hand over the first born. But I was already pregnant, and Sabertooth felt that I was used. Magneto still wanted his children. Especially if he produced a child with our daughter. Eve was to become his lover, which, in time, she did. And Magneto waited patiently for her to become pregnant, not taking into consideration how hard it is for a mutant with a healing factor to reproduce. His wait was in vain.

“They had planned for you, Pyro, to father my next child, but Logan ruined that little idea when he and Cloud found my location and rescued me. Magneto told them to take the child only, but to leave no survivors. We were fortunate that those doctors and nurses liked to know that their victims suffered. If they hadn’t been so sloppy, we would be dead, and who knows what would have happened to Eve. Pyro, I know you want to kill this man as much as I do, and we will. He knows by now that we know what happened, and he is smart enough not to come back here. We’ll get him, eventually. Right now, we need to get Eve settled and find out what she wants out of this. I can use Sabertooth to find Magneto without any problem, and all those who believed in him followed when he left. Don’t look at me like that, Logan,” she scowled at her lover in return, trying to come up with a plan as she went. Logan had backed her into a corner and she was doing what she could. “Pyro, what I need from you is to change the security software. Make sure it is changed once a month, and that, although everyone will receive their own pass code, only the people in this room and Scott know how to completely turn off the silent, also. I want to make sure the alarm also comes to our private cell phones so that if we are away, we will still know what is happening. Who knows what that bastard is planning now.”

“I’ll need some help. Kitty was always best with the computer systems.” He looked away from her, not really knowing if Kitty and Bobby were both sore spots or not.

“Fine, have her help you set it up. We’ve had our differences in the past, but I want to make sure that she knows she is still welcome here. I got over all of that a long time ago.” She waited for Pyro to leave before she sat down comfortably next to Logan. She sighed as she let all the tension in her body go, wandering if she made the right move. She knew what she was doing was right, but Logan was now in charge of the mansion, and she could not help but feel like a usurper.

She felt his hand before she realized he had moved. It rested gently on her own. He took her into his arms and held her then. It was not a sexual act that came to pass, though the sexual tension in the air was thick, but more of a love and comfort. She laid against his chest, feeling the safety of his body pressed against hers. He squeezed her and she lifted her face to gaze into his eyes. She saw love and warmth, and something that seemed to be relief, although she wasn’t sure why.

“I love you, Marie, always have.” He whispered as he brought his mouth to hers. When he released her, he looked into her eyes again. “At least I know that there is really no chance that I have any other children running around out there.”

She pulled away from him then, and turned her back, not wanting him to see the tears that sprang to her eyes. He turned her around, confusion written all over his face.

“Logan, there is something that I have to tell you…” She told him of all she knew about Victor Creed, and the family he had lost that he could not remember. She held him as he cried, and even cried with him as his pain became to much for her to bare. They fell into a sad sleep, their bodies naked and intertwined after making love for the sake of comfort, and after the last tears were finally shed for a mother and daughter one never knew and the other may never remember.