Three Months Later…

It had taken them four long months after making sure Eve was going to be fine before they began the search for Magneto. The two pairs of lovers had searched the world for him, not understanding why he hadn’t shown himself. They found him in Northern Oregon, in the facility Logan and Cloud had discovered Rogue and Pyro. He had made it into a safe haven for himself and had staffed it well. Unfortunately, he hadn’t counted on that staff abandoning him now in his time of need.

They had all come to this place together, Logan and Rogue, Cloud and Pyro. It had been the day Cloud announced that the young couple were expecting when it suddenly came to Rogue that Magneto wasn’t young by any means and that he was arrogant enough to believe that being surrounded by a place built specifically for births would help him feel younger. There was only one birthing place still standing, the rest being destroyed by either Logan and Cloud during their search all those years ago, or by Rogue and Scott through out the past twenty years.

And now they stood over the body of a withered old man, barely clinging on to his last breath. They were too late now, killing him would do noting but release him from the pain he felt, and there was no greater torture than the one he faced now.

Without a word, they turned from him and walked away, leaving him to die painful and alone.