It should have been an easy choice to follow him anywhere on earth. She loved him, so when he asked all she had to do was say yes. But, for some reason, the word stuck in her throat. Time seemed to pause while her brain went rushing off in a million directions at once.

This is what she dreamed of, this is what she longed for in those times he left her all alone. But she couldn't say yes. She wanted to go with him, she wanted to see the world. Yet her mind took her back to her family here now and her friends. People she wouldn't see for long periods of time. Time that could change things, good or bad.

Now she knew why only those unattached wandered.

She didn't want to be left behind either. Stuck forever in the same pattern that she forged so long ago. She didn't want to be predictable and boring. She wanted to be a rogue.

She didn't want to have to imagine the world through pictures or happiness through a glass cage. She didn't want to have to wonder where he was, if he was okay, or what he might be doing now. But, most of all, she didn't want to have to wonder when or if she would ever see him again.

The choice pulled at the two sides of her heart. Home here without him, or home with him without this. A choice hard to make, and finally she saw what everyone kept telling her. She was too young right now. Too young to make a decision for the rest of her life.

She knows she won't stop loving him, and that she won't move on past her family and friends. But maybe in a couple years the answer won't get stuck in her throat and she can say yes with a light heart.

So she shook her head no, and he nodded his head yes in understanding. He would ask again next time. Because, if she could say no now then she was almost done growing up. And when she was done growing up, she would be even more extraordinary then she was now.

Then he would take her to see her dreams.