Waking up early the next morning, I was welcomed by the sight of Logan slipping his leather jacket in the spit of sunshine that peeked through the crack in the curtains that I had drew closed before I went to sleep. I pulled the warm blanket up to my chin and smiled, admiring the back of his head.

" Mornin' Logan." I said, my voice still slightly scratchy from my sleep as I scratched my head and yawned. He turned around and smiled, which is something that I learned to cherish while it lasted.

" Mornin' kid. I'm heading to the liquor store, so I'll be back in a few minutes." he said as he turned around and began to walk to the door. No, I'm not going to stay by myself again.

" I'm coming with you." I said, not even bothering to ask because I know he'd probably say no and to stay here. Usually, I'd keep my shut, but I was willing to cross the barriers with him at the moment, so I'm taking a hold of my guts and confidence while it was here.

Expecting an instant no, I jumped out of bed as quick as I could and grabbed my sneakers.

**********************************************************

I stared at your daughter in amazement, Owen. She seemed to move quicker than we did when he had that group of guys with guns chasing us through the alleys in San Francisco. She had her shoes and jacket on in less that 30 seconds tops. Most kids these days can barely make it to the bathroom when they wake up because they're too damn lazy. But here your daughter was, standing in front of me with that silly grin on her face. Heh, that was the grin you gave me when you knew that you had acted wierd. Wierd. That's a good word to describe you and your daughter. With those eyes, people could easily call her your mini me.

" What's gotten into you, kid?" I scrunched my eyebrows and examined her job on the speedy preperation that she had just done.

" I just don't want to be here by myself and bored again." she said, blushing slightly as she looked away, once again not able to meet my eyes. That must've came from your wife or something, Owen, because I remember that you were one of the few people to look me in the eye.

Nodding, I turned myself back around and she followed me out of the room quietly. We walked silently to the liquor store around the corner, our jackets making the only sound between us as it moved.

**********************************************************

" Get what you want, kid. Make it quick because I don't plan to stay here all day." Logan said while walking over to the refrigerator in the back where the drinks and alchol was. I watched him walk away before he turned at the end of the aisle.

Walking down the snack and candy aisle, I smiled as I remembered that he said I could get anything and hurried back to the front of the liquor store and grabbed a basket. Me and sugar are best friends....

**********************************************************

" Logan, is that you?" A woman's voice said and my chest clenched when I turned around and seen a familiar face that I wished would never ever see again.

I had smelled Aimee's scent the moment she walked in the door, but I had hoped that there something was wrong with my senses. I stared at the woman, hiding my awe in finding her once again. Her eyes still held that icy blue color, no sign of it fading. The thick black curls that framed her face were still shiny and bouncy as she walked up to me, as if greeting me once again in the 3 year gap that I had not touched them. Her well rounded body still caught my eye even thought they were nicely protected by the slick black jeans and blue strapless top with a white sweater. Thick golden hoops hung from her small earlobes and shimmered in the light of the liquor store. Smiling at her still small feet in those tiny gold ballet flats, she opened her arms wide and took me into her embrace before I could say something and walk away, which she knew I would do. Pulling back, she looked up at me from the 5'6 that she stood at with the smile that always seemed to turn me into a different person. " Been a long time, Logan."

" Yeah, it's been a while Aimee..." I said lowly, digging deep into her eyes with mine, making sure she still knew that I hadn't changed one bit. Judging by her face, she probably understood because she looked and way and forced a small chuckle before looking back at me.

" Do you want to grab some coffee or something?" she asked with those shining icy blue eyes and that cute smile that would melt anyone down.

I shook my head, knowing what she wanted and I wasn't going to give it to her. She looked beautiful and sexy as ever, but I knew her better than the show she was putting on.

" Okay, well uhm.... how's Owen doing?" she asked, searching my hazel eyes for an answer, but I couldn't exactly say anything at the moment because I was staring Marie who walked past Aimee as if she hadn't seen her standing there and lifted the full basket of junk food up a little to show me what she had gotten.

" Alright, I'm done." Marie said, and turned around to see Aimee, who was staring at Marie with a small smile.

" Who is this? She looks quite familiar.." Aimee said, bringing her pointer finger to the tip of her plump bottom lip as she tilted her head to the side a bit.

I really wish Aimee wasn't here right now. Owen, help me out here. I'm taking care of your daughter, you can't pull out of the fire at least once? Sighing, and shaking my head in disapproval, I looked away.

" I don't think thi-" I began to say, but was cut off my Marie extending her hand with a welcoming and warming smile.

" Hi I'm Marie. Nice to meet you." Aimee shook Marie's extended hand and smiled back before shooting me a curious glance.

" You look awafully familiar. Have we met before?" Aimee asked.

Owen, do remember Aimee? We met her at that bar. She was the quiet waitress that didn't want to talk to me. Remember? She was the girl you lost your virginity to almost 18 years ago. Yeah, I still remember Owen. After that you went buck wild with women and stopped nagging me about sleeping with random women because you began doing the same thing.

" No, I don't think we have." Marie said politely as she tried to silently make her appearance look a little neater in front of Aimee, who looked like she was a celebrity.

" Oh, that's funny, because you look so familiar. But okay, as I was saying," she moved her eyes over to me with that simple grin still on her pursed lips, " how is Owen?"

I cleared my throat when I heard Marie make a little sound. Glancing down at her, I seen that she stood up straighter and took in a deep breathe.

" He's dead." she said sharply and sent Aimee a cold look before looking up at me, her eyes still angry, but softer. "I'm going to wait up front for you."

**********************************************************

I tried not to sound hurt and angry that she didn't know that my dad was dead, but he was dead! How could she not know? The whole world should've known!....sorry, dad. I don't know why I'm getting all worked up on this. I guess I'm just not use to hearing that your dead outloud. It just hurts still so badly...

**********************************************************

" Oh, my god." Aimee said, her eyes getting larger as she put a hand to her chest and began to back up. Her breaths were getting deeper and stronger as she looked up into my eyes, looking for help, but before I could approach her she turned on her heels and ran out of the door, her sobs trailing after her.

I glanced at Marie, who stood in front of the counter as the man rang up the items, her eyes looking straight at the wall in front of her. Her jaw was clenched and I could see her holding in her tears that were about to drop any minute from the little cups her eyelids formed.

I wasn't going to chase after Aimee to make sure she was okay. I wasn't going to go and comfort Marie who I knew wouldn't appreciate it at this moment because she's trying to stay stable, so I just turned around, grabbed my beer and payed for our things.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took so long. I hope it was okay-please rate and review-thanks!