I unpacked awkwardly in this tiny room that Aimee gave me. I mean, she might as well have shoved me in a closet. Really, right when you walk in there a bed that takes up the whole left wall and a small dresser to the right that takes up about two-thirds of the right wall. Then, right next to the small bed is a huge nightstand! You can literally only take three steps in this narrow space that had been left for walking room. Three damn steps! And you know what, I think that Aimee girl doesn't like me very much because she slammed the room door when she walked out and "accidently" shoved me while I spoke to Logan about my suitcases. What a b- no, I'm much more mature than to stoop down and call that old woman a bitch because, heh, you know, I'm a very mature woman. A very mature woman. And mature woman don't call old angry hags bitches. Nuh-uh, not in the least bit. Not in the least bit.

How did this all happen? I mean, it happened so quick! One minute I was eating duck tongue and the other I'm getting shoved into a room that I'm sure was just a large closet. And Logan has a son? A son? With this old woman? How could that have happened? Does he not know that she looks a tad bit old? How could you sleep with an old woman when your like underware-model gorgeous? Not only sleep with a woman who is trying to hold on a little too hard to her youth, but have a child with her? Oh, my gosh. No, no. Heh, I'm exagerrating again, Dad. Okay, so let's just get things straight. She's a pretty woman who slept with a sexy man and they had a child together. No biggie, right? Right. So I'm pulled into this since Logan is my guardian so now what do I do? Should I sit lay in my new state of the art concrete bed and fantasize about sleeping with Logan? Or should I go down there and see what's going on?

" I like choice number 2." I said to really no one in particular as I flung open my room door a little too hard and it ended up hitting the thick bed frame. I winced at the bang it caused and closed it behind me. Looking up and down the empty and polished hallway, my eyes marveled at some small pictures that were put into some type of collage. I scanned the unfamiliar faces the pictures exposed and would smile every now and then when my eyes would land on someone making a funny face or doing a funny pose. Once I was done observing the strangers, I looked around the desolate hallway again, wondering if something would pop out at any moment.

" Lunch is ready!" Aimee's piercing voice echoed through the hallways and it made me want to shove a broom down her fake throat. I sighed and found myself starting walking down the spiral staircase, holding on to the unsturdy wooden railing that shivered from my movement. My feet somehow found themselves to the kitchen where Aimee was wearing a black apron which made her summer dress look more gothic than....summery. She stood in front of the stove as she carefully mixed the contents that were boiling noisily in the tall pot. Baby Logan was already sitting in his high chair, banging his fork and spoon together loudly while making little sounds. " Hey. You ready for my famous Clam Chowder?" that fake smile made my blood boil and the sarcastic kindness made me want to bang her head against that pretty marble counter she owned. I bit my tongue to keep my mouth from saying anything vile and gave her a sarcastic smile back as I sat down at the dining table which was already made.

" Where's Logan?" I asked, searching the room for the person that I loved to hate and love at the same time. His prescence was no where to be found and I looked at Aimee who was staring into that pot of soup with a little evil smirk on her lips.

" You must see Logan as like a father figure now, hm?" she asked, the menace behind her soft voice already making me worry about where Logan was. He was like my protector or something and he leaves me here with this psycho woman. Oh, Dad. Is this what I get for not talking to you that often anymore?

" No, not at all. But, where is Logan?" I asked, already rising from my chair and slowly walking to the doorway of the kitchen in case she comes running at me with a knife I have a good chance of running away.

" He went to the store. Just sit down and eat, okay? Stop worrying about him." It wasn't exactly him I was worried about. It's this woman. She walked over to me with a large bowl of the soup and placed it in the middle of the dining table. I let my imagination take over for a second and believed that I seen worms and eyeballs roaming between thick green goo. I shook the thought away with disgust and smiled to see that the smell of the clam chowder was real good. Aimee stood next me, hands intertwined with eachother over her pelvic area as she looked down at me with a smile. " Help yourself. There are drinks in the refrigerator so don't be shy to go ahead and get something, okay?" Oh, no. She sounds too obviously fake and sarcastic. What the hell have I ever done to her? I gave her a quick smile and cleared my throat as I listened to her heels clack against the tiled kitchen floor as she walked out. As I waited for the clacking to change it's sound so I new that she was out of the room, I heard them stop. Turning around, I seen that her back was faced to me and she was holding the entry's archway loosely with one hand. Slowly turning her head around as much as she could, she smiled at me. " Marie, leave Logan alone, do you understand?" her voice was calm, yet icy and scary. It sounded possessed really, and it made shivers run down my spine, but she's making me feel like a fool! I didn't even do anything to her!

" Aimee, I don't know what I did to make you dislike me so much since we've only been together a little over an hour." I said honestly, really wanting to know what this chick's problem was before I wrap my hand around her neck-acting like she's the shit and stuff.

" Nothing yet, but I know you will, so I'm just giving you a head's up Marie." she turned her head back around so I seen the back of her head. I could hear the evil smile in her voice when she said, " I'm only telling this to you for your own benfit, Marie. I suggest you take it rather than leave it." Who the hell does this woman think she is? I began to walk up to her, the energy flowing to my hand, but was intrrupted by baby Logan's loud screeching. I threw my hands over my broken ears and looked at Aimee, who stood there as if the boy's screaming was not affecting her at all. " Do you mind feeding him for me, Marie? I have a few errands to run."

I began to reach for her but his shrieking just got louder and I could've sworn I heard something glass-made break. I walked over to the boy and jammed a spoon of soup in his open mouth. The screeching was soon replaced with giggling as the soup began to drip out of his open mouth. Turning around to see where this woman went, I seen that she was gone.

" What a freakin' crazy woman....." I said lowly to myself before baby Logan began screaming again so I stuck another spoonful of soup in his wailing mouth. " Shh, okay baby Logan? If you keep screaming then I won't be able to feed you this yummy soup." I gave him a warm smile and he just giggled even more, the contents of his mouth spilling down his chin. Oh great, I get stuck with a psycho woman's child and all he does is spit out his food.

**********************************************************

I walked in the kitchen to find Marie with a damp cloth rubbing her shirt that had a kind of white stain on it. She looked angry and irritated as her lips moved inaudibly since Logan ran around this kitchen in circles screaming. But this was a perfect moment. Marie looked worn down. Her hir was falling out of the ponytail she had it in and white little spots covered every 5 inches of her clothing. Logan was running around like the kid he was who never ran out of energy. And Aimee.....Aimee was once again gone and I honestly didn't know when her flaky ass was going to come back. I knew she'd pull some shit like this, and if she's not back by tonight I'm leaving. Owen, do I take the kid or not? Eh, yeah. I guess. It'll keep Marie from complaining that she's bored all of the time.

" Logan, shut up." I said strictly, and I have to admit Owen, I sounded pretty stupid because it sounded like I was telling myself to shut up. But this didn't quite occur to my son, Logan, whose mouth shut and looked up at me with my own hazel eyes. They stared up at me blankly for a moment and I rolled my eyes when his bottom lip began to quiver. Next thing I know this kid is screaming and crying at the top of his lungs! Damn, I hope he didn't get that from me, Owen.

Marie screeched in frusturation and gently picked up Logan. He instinctly wrapped his small arms around her neck and dug his face into his shoulder, momentarily muffling the sobs. She rubbed his back and gently bounced him around until he stopped crying and began to wiggle around to be let back down on the floor. A triumphant smile spread across her face as he ran around in circles again, except this time without screaming.

" That woman that left her kid with me is crazy!" Marie stated whie plopping down in an empty seat and fixed her hair. She began to explain to me what Aimee said and I smirked to myself, knowing that Aimee was just trying to spook Maire out. She always did that to keep girls, that she thought would challenge her when it came to guys, away. It obviously creeped marie out because she sat there with her head resting in her palm as her elbow provided some support on the table. She stared into space as she began talking away about how Logan kept spitting the soup on her and would keep screaming if she didn't reload his mouth with soup after he spit it at her.

" It's just so hard.....but I guess it's okay. He's really sweet and does that to get attention." she said as she wiped the droll that had began to trail down the edge of her own mouth.

" Wow, you sure learned a lot in the past 4 hours of staying in this house." I remarked as I watched Logan raise his arms up to her to be carried. She gave a warm smile and placed him on her lap where she bounced him like Aimee had done before.

" Yeah....." she said and smiled, exhaustion clearly taking over her, but she still sat there, still bouncing that boy on her lap.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope this chapter was good because it took me extrememly long to write, so please rate and review, thanks!