" Marie, wake your ass up." I could feel him shaking my leg violently and my eyes shot open to see a whimpering baby Logan in his arms. Aw, they look extremely cute. They'd look even better if Logan wasn't scowling.

" What is it, Logan?" I asked as he shoved baby Logan in my arms and he wrapped his arms around my neck that was quite sore from me sleeping in a bad position. I noticed that there was barely any sun out yet and seen that it was still 3:17 am in the morning.

" Pack his things, and we need to leave now." he said quickly and spotted my suitcases. Grabbing all of my things at once, he exited my room and left me with a whimpering baby in my arms. " What the hell is going on with your daddy, hm Logan?" I asked him but all I recieved was him digging his face in my shoulder.

I wanted to go and find Logan to ask him what the hell was going on, but something seemed to worry me about this whole situation so I just did as he told. Walking into his room, I seen that Aimee was already packing his clothes in overnight bags and miniature briefcases.

" Get that damn boy outta my sight, Marie before I chop his fuckin' head off! I'll pack his shit, alright!" She screamed, the bones and vanes in her neck popping out. I quickly turned back around and into the hallway with baby Logan crying in my arms. I gently rocked him in my arms as I made my way downstairs, trying to stay as calm as I could in this crazy household. Logan walked in the front door and looked at me curiously.

" Where his stuff, Marie? I th-"he began but I cut him off.

" That crazy woman said she'd pack it and if I don't get Logan outta her face she's going to chop off his head." I explained, exhaustion making me extremely grumpy and not ready for anything at the moment. Logan sighed and made his way up the spiral staircase.

" She's stepping way outta line..." I could hear him mumble as he went up. He called back down to me, " His carseat is already in the car, Marie. Wait for me in there." he disappeared into the shadows of the hallway and I suddenly heard a door slam. Taking that as my cue, I walked out and seen that his blue carseat had already been set up in the back. It took a while for me to settle him in since he was also fidgety and grumpy himself from the lack of sleep, but I got him in there. Once I did, I noticed that it was freezing in the car and took off my already warm sweater and draped it over the little boy.

" Go to sleep. Everything is going to be okay." I said and gave him a warm smile before he began to burst into tears.

What the hell is going on? Logan is somewhat frantic. Aimee is acting crazy again and saying she's going to chop off her own son's head. I mean, what the fuck is going on? Excuse the language Dad, but help me out here. Just let everything be okay, well, everything except that psycho woman. Go dip her in lava or something Dad.

After what seemed like forever, Logan came down carrying his things with Aimee following him, her cheeks tear stained and her mascara and eyeliner giving her some enhanced color on her cheeks as well.

" I said I'm sorry, Logan! Please don't leave!" Aimee pleaded and I could hear her start to really bawl as Logan slipped into the driver's seat silently. As he started the ignition, Aimee began to hit his window with her little fists." Logan! You can't take my son away from me!" she cried, and I almost felt bad for her until Logan swiftly reversed out of her driveway and down the street with baby Logan crying loudly. Turning around in the backseat, I sean that Aimee was running after us but she soon disappeared from my view and I knew that Logan wouldn't turn back.

" Logan, what's going on?" I asked him over baby Logan's screaming. He glanced at me in the rearview mirror while lighting a cigar.

" Shut that damn kid up first, Marie, and I'll tell you." he said and blew the cigar smoke out of the window.

" Second-hand smoking is worse than actually smoking the cigar, Logan. It's bad for Logan's health." I said as I began to shh him and move his carseat a little from side to side in a rocking motion. He soon calmed down and fell asleep quick, his eyelids slightly red and puffy still. I don't know how he calmed so quickly. If I was ripped from my mom the way he had been, I would've been screaming my head off.

" You wanna know what happened, kid? Well, I'll tell you what happened. I told Aimee that I was going to be taking Logan with me because it seems like she didn't have time for him. At first she was okay with it, since she agreed that she really didn't even want Logan. She said that he was killing her freedom. So them she started drinking some wine and one bottle became tow and two became three and whatnot. Then she starts confessing at how she hated Logan so much and had tried to kill him sometimes because he was driving her nuts. So that's when I got him and woke you up. And then she tries to keep me to stay with her. Is she fuckin' crazy!? She tried to kill my damn son!" Logan explains furiously, and I wince when he curses because I never liked cursing around little kids like baby Logan here. I'm suprised he had not woken up from Logan yelling so loudly.

I didn't say anything because his cloud of anger was thick and it looked like he wanted to kill someone right now. But wow, I'm suprised that that psycho woman went as far as to confess that she tried to kill her own son! I'm mean that's sick! You don't kill your own child!

My heart clenched when I looked at hbaby Logan sleeping peacefully. His bottom lip was slightly puckered and his little hands were curled into fists. How much pain has this little boy went through?

**********************************************************

I drove to a city faraway from Aimee's hoping that she hadn't followed us. As I checked into another motel, I watched Marie get Logan out of the backseat with her sweater still drabed over his back while he slept in her arms. I know I shouldn't be feeling what I'm feeling right now, Owen, but I can't help it. I felt so warm and relaxed when I seen Marie place a kiss ontop of Logan's head and Logan wrap his arms around her neck. I couldn't help but swell with love for both of them. Yeah, I couldn't ignore it anymore. I loved and cared for both of them even though I still considered each of them strangers. No, wait. I love my son and care a lot for your daughter. Does that sound better, Owen? You might think I'm falling in a different kind of love for her, hm? No, not quite yet. But I must admit that she's getting prettier and prettier every day.
Chapter End Notes:
Such a short chapter, I know, sorry. I hope this was okay and tell me if you think it was kind of rushed because I feel it was kind of rushed. Please rate and review-thanks!