" C'mon, Marie. Remember your gears." My father said from the passengers seat of our silver Camry as the car lurched forward during my personal driving lesson with my dad down our block, neighbors smirking on their manicured lawns and patios.

" Sorry, Dad. I'm trying." I said, the gear shift making grinding noises as I had difficulties shifting it. Sighing, I laid back in the driver's seat and looked at his long oval face with those soft brown eyes I had inherited. " Why couldn't we get an automatic like every other teen?" I complained as I grabbed the steering wheel and gently hit my forehead against it in frusturation.

" Because, once you learn how to drive a stick, it's going to be so simple and much easier to drive an automatic. Now, don't give up and keep going, Marie. No daughter of mine is a quitter and always wants takes the easy route." he said as he waved a finger in my face with a small grin.

I smiled at my dad and began to put my hand back on the stick when I felt myself shaking backwards and forwards.

" Get up, kid. Time to go." Opening my puffy eyes caused by last night's depressing sob moment, I glared up at Logan, who stood above me, my nightstand's light hitting his eyes just right and that indicated the exhaustion still lingered in his eyes as well. I noticed that my pillow was still damp from my tears, so I couldn't have been asleep that long.

" What time is it, Logan?" I asked, my voice scratchy and irritated as I sat up in bed and yawned while I scratched my bare shoulder that hung out of my dad's large shirt.

" That doesn't matter. Let's go." he said, ripping the warm scratchy blanket off of me before throwing on his shirt and leather jacket.

I reluctantly got up and and threw on my sneakers. I quickly zipped up my suitcases and before I could haul them off of the table, Logan picked them up and was already out of the door with my things. I walked out and I noticed that it was still dark. Dark and cold. Following Logan's quick steps down the stairs to the parking lot in the dark, I ended up tumbling down them in a mess and got down there before him.

" Nice way to make haste. Let's go." he said, dropping one of my suitcases and hauling me to my feet. I practically limped to the car and found relaxation in the leather passenger's seat. As I let out a breathe, I took in the pain from my trip down the stairs as Logan slipped in. As he took off like the crazy madman I believed he was, I shivered in the cold car that had not heated up yet even thought he had turned on the heater.

**********************************************************

Glancing at the girl who I don't even know, I seen that her eyes were half open and the edge of her lip was slighty bruised from when she fell down the stairs. Sitting there with her arms crossed and lightly tapping her foot while shivering in the icy car, I felt bad for allowing her only an hour of sleep before waking her up and keeping her on a move. Sighing, I kept at least one hand on the wheel if not both as I removed my jacket and ignored the cold air that bit my warm arms and tossed it over to her. Looking at me with a confused look, she held up the jacket and I could see her forcing yet another smile.

" What do you want me to do with your jacket, Logan?" she asked, unknowing that it was something I rarely let anyone use, especially a total stranger who could be a trap set up by Magneto.

" Wear it, kid. I know your cold and it takes a while for this bucket to warm up." I said, the exhaustion from getting no rest tugging at my voice, making me sound more harsher than I meant to be.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see her eyes get big and hold back a grin as she draped it over herself and leaned on the passenger's door.

" Thanks, Logan." she said lowly before her eyes closed and her deep breaths of slumber was the only sound that could be heard before I had a chance to give her a final glance.

As soon as the sun began to rise, I found an abandoned parking lot behind an old factory and parked under an old, dead tree. Sighing into the leather seat, I looked at the girl named Marie who slept peacefully next to me. Why would a girl like her even trust a man like me? She gladly let me into her home and slid into Scott's car without any hesitation. She doesn't even know what she's gotten into. Maybe I should've just left her with foster parents, but I know Owen would hate leaving the love of his life in the hands of strangers.

I know she fears and doesn't trust me. I could smell it on her even while she's asleep. I heard her last night in the bathroom wishing for another guradian. No worries, kid. Only have to bear with eachother for a year and we're out of eachother's lives. Closing my eyes, I fell into a light snooze.

**********************************************************

Something is different. Something is very different. I no longer smelled my father's scent on the shirt that I wore practically every night, I smelled...something different. Something......Logan-ish. It's only been a day and I can recognize the way he smells. Gosh, I sound like a blood hound.

Opening my well-rested eyes, I looked down to see Logan's leather jacket still draped over me. Slowly turning over, I seen that he was laying calmly against his chair with his eyes closed. Not sure if he was asleep because of his body that still sat up straight and looked alert, I sat up and pulled his jacket off. It made a rustling sound as it landed on my lap and Logan's eyes shot open. They were still slightly red from the lack of sleep, looking irritated and ready to jump.

" Oh, it's just you kid." he said with a sigh and relaxed back in his chair as he closed his eyes again.

Looking aroud the empty parking lot we were parked in and the old building with broken windows behind the car, I turned to Logan who sighed and opened his eyes to look at me again.

" Where are we?" I asked curiously as I looked around the unfamiliar area and nearly jumped into Logan's lap when I seen a rat scuttle down a drain pipe that was attached to the side of the old building.

" Lumberton." he said shortly and cracked his neck which made this painful sound that made me think he broke his neck. Yuck.

" We're pretty far. How'd you make it this far overnight?" I asked as I layed back in my seat and curled my toes in my sneakers to kind of stretch them due to the lack of movement.

" It's a special car." he said with a small smirk, looking away as if he was recalling a memory. I took note of the gentle face he had for a moment as he spaced out, but then his regular hard face returned as he turned on the ignition and rapidly reversed into the now bustling main street, refusing to pay attention to any of the early morning honks that drew attention from everyone on the block. " I'm hungry. Time to eat."

And just like that, we were off again.
Chapter End Notes:
Kind of boring chapter but please still rate and review. I really love them. They act like fuel to keep me going. So please share your thoughts and opinions even though they may be a bit harsh, it's okay. Thanks!