Settling in a new motel that day, I layed on my stomache and began to write in my diary. I made sure to keep all of the details in case I forget. I tend to forget the important things sometimes. I really don't mean to. It just kind of happens. I bet if I didn't bring my whole album of me and my father I'd probably forget how he looks. Again, I don't mean to. It's just my brain goes into panic mode when I know I have to remember important things, and then forgets.

Looking up from my filled diary pages, I watched Logan walk in the front door with a paper bag. He placed it on the table before taking off his leather coat and tossed it on his bed. I stared at the brown paper bag and tried to decide whether to ask what's in it so I could make some type of conversation with him, or should I just keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid to risk my life.

" What's in there?" Looking at Logan and nudging my head over to the brown paper bag, I could already feel myself ready to run when he gave me 'that' look.

" Nothing a 17 year old should care about." he said before walking into the bathroom and slamming it shut, which again kind of startled me. A few seconds later I heard the shower turn on.

Continuing to write in my diary, I looked up every now and then at the brown paper bag. Should I look or not? I mean, I really don't want to risk my neck. Knowing Logan, he'll probably stick his head out any moment to check on me.....but, wait. I don't know Logan. Plus, he's busy taking a shower anyways.

Jumping up from the bed, I tip-toed to the table as if he could hear every move I made. Slowly placing my delicate fingertips on the edge of the bag, I pulled the closed scrunched top open and looked in.

" Beer? He couldn't tell me that there was beer in the bag?" I said lowly to myself as I pulled out a six-pack of Budweiser. " It's not like I was going to drink it or anything."

Unsatisfied with my boring discovery, I placed it back in the brown paper bag and made my way to my bed again when there a tapping on the door.

" Who is it?" I asked out of habit as I tippy-toed to the front of the door to look through the peep hole.

" Mr. PizzaMan delivery!" the teenage boy waiting outside the door called.

Pulling the door open, the boy was tall and I could tell by his short-sleeved uniform pizza shirt that he was toned. Owning a strong jaw in my book was very sexy and the bright blue/green eyes he had just put the cherry on top.

Smiling like there was no tomorrow, I leaned against the open doorway in a daze at the boy I would rather take in than the pizza.

" Uhm..." he said awkwardly with a grin as he looked at me, " here's your pizza and soda."

Holding out the cardboard box and 2 liter bottle of Coke, his smile kind of shaked an avoided my eyes. What a wierd guy.

" Can you put it on that table over there and I'm going to get the money." I asked as I retreated back into the motel room with the boy following. As I rifled through my personal purse for my wallet, the bathroom door opened and Logan walked out.

" I would have that Owen taught you that letting in strangers is a bad thing to do." lighting his cigar, Logan looked at me for an answer. But I don't think he quite understood that the moment he walked out of his bathroom, the world just stopped turning. I mean, it just stopped.

There, he stood, naked, except for the flimsy and small motel towel tied securely around his strong hips. I had a view of practically everything. His muscualar and long bare legs, the rock-hard torso, those brick shoulders, and those feet that probably walked a million miles.

**********************************************************

She stayed in the same position, bent over the bed, hands lying uselessy in her purse as she stared up at me with those big eyes and mouth open in astonishment. I tried not to notice the cleavage that I was able to see through that big and loose shirt she was wearing while she was bent over.

" I got it, kid." I said, my worn black leather wallet already ready in my hand. I didn't recieve a nod , only a little, "Uh"-sound that escaped her mouth.

As I passed the money to the pizza guy, I glared at him, which sent him on his way out in no time. I didn't even get a chance to give him a tip. As soon as the door closed, I heard Marie shuffle around quickly. Turning around, I seen that she was laying on her stomach, her head stuffed in the matress.

" Can you put on some clothes, Logan?" her voce was muffled through the matress and I let my grin show for only a second before I walked back into the bathroom.

You sure were a good dad, Owen. First, your daughter thinks it's okay to let a stranger walk in the front door when he could be a rapist or murderer. Then, she hides all her feelings about everything. But I guess I'd rather have her quiet than talkative. Did you tell her that I was a mutant? Did you tell her that steel claws could shoot out of my hand? Did you tell her that I could heal almost too rapidly for me to feel any pain? Did you tell her that I'm an animal and have better senses than the regular person and can smell what she feels? Did you? Your daughter acts just like you, Owen. I wish we spent more time together before you left.

What am I saying? I sound like a little priss right now. Heh, you'd tell me different, Owen. I know damn well you would. You'd probably say that it was okay for a person to express his feelings like the little girl you are, Owen. But I'm not a person, Owen. I'm an animal.

Walking back into the room completely clothed this time, I see that your daughter is padding her slicce of pizza with a napkin, I guess trying to take out the grease. I used to hate it when you did that, remember Owen?

" I'm going to go out for a smoke." I said to her as I grabbed my leather coat off of the bed. Marie looked at me curiously with a small smile. Somehow, she sat indian style on the small chair next to the table, her bright pink pajama pants looking like it wsa colored by a highlighter.

" You smoked in here before. What's wrong with smoking here now?" she asked me before picking the pepperonis off of her pizza and eating them.

" Kid, do you really want to taste smoke and pizza while your eating?" I asked, getting irritated with your daughter already for some reason. She looked like the type of girl who was stubborn and would do things to only benefit herself. Heh, well then I guess we're not too different after all.

Your daughter must've got that blushing-hard thing from her mom because I know your not the type of person to burn red like she is right now. I can smell her fear again, so I guess she'd be glad if I left right now. Exiting the motel door, I leaned on the railing of the walkway, smoking my cigar.

" One day, your going to die from that bub. And when you do, I'm gonna crack up at your damn stubborn ways while I toss your body in a ditch." you use to always say that when I smoked.

" Logan!!" Marie screamed, her fear was so strong I could smell it out here. Bursting inside the motel room, she was standing on top of the table, looking down around the floor. She hung on tightly to the cheap chandelier that hung over her head and pieces of hair hung out of her sloppy bun.

" What's wrong kid?" I asked as I searched around the room, not wanting to shoot my claws out and scare the kid who's ready to have a damn heart attack at the moment.

" I just seen a mouse run across the room and it ran somewhere...Ah! There! Logan, there!!" She screamed while pointing on top of the mini refrigerator, finger already trembling.

I'm going to take a deep breath, Owen, because your daughter is pissing me off right now. Turning around, I seen the mouse running in circle on top of the little refrigerator. I shot her an irritated look before I picked up the little mouse by it's tail and tossed it out of the open door.

" You are about 50 times bigger than that damn mouse, and your scared of it?" I asked as I shook my head in irritation for her shooting false alarms that something had happened to her. Nodding, she slowly sat indian style on the table instead of the chair and began eating her pizza again in silence. " Kid, don't every yell or scream like that again, you hear me? I thought you were in real danger, Marie."

See, Owen. I don't know what the hell has gotten into me. I sound like a damn parent! I've only been with your snobby child for about 2 days, and I already want to lecture her and give her an ass whooping.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope that this chapter was okay. Please rate and review! Thanks!